Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Topic started by: Blizzard on October 13, 2008, 07:47:10 am

Title: Proxy servers
Post by: Blizzard on October 13, 2008, 07:47:10 am
Do you guys know what a proxy server is? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server

I've been using serverl proxies over the years for different purposes. Most recently I have to use one to access our current host seems to have some routing problems to which I am getting absolutely no support. As it seems this host will never fix this issue.

Anyway... My favorite proxy until now was www.hidemyass.com from the Privax Network. But I found a better one. :D This proxy is faster, has no popup ad windows and even allows scripts (which doesn't seem to work fully or whatever). In any case it's better than the Privax Network. The URL of this proxy is www.vtunnel.com . Use it, enjoy it. :)
Title: Re: Proxy servers
Post by: Diokatsu on October 13, 2008, 11:46:46 am
Ty for the info Blizz! If Aqua's or my school blocks CP we can get on at least xD...I doubt that'll ever happen though..

I use Anonymouse sometimes but recently I've been using hidemyass.com which worked very well.
Title: Re: Proxy servers
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on October 13, 2008, 06:42:12 pm
I use a vast number of proxies. Sometimes when I go on this forum to mass attack it with proxies I use proxy.org which generates a random proxy for me to go through.

But usually my proxy choices are anonymouse.org, slyuser.com, and hidemyass.com, but the last one has lots of advertisements. :/
Title: Re: Proxy servers
Post by: shdwlink1993 on October 14, 2008, 05:25:49 am
Slight catch, Dio. A school filter can block Vtunnel just as fast as CP.  :(

Thanks for the info, Blizz. I do know I've been to that site before for some reason, but it's nice to hear that it's a good site. I just thought it was another average proxy.
Title: Re: Proxy servers
Post by: Blizzard on October 14, 2008, 07:45:03 am
Average proxies are filled with ads and are usually slow. xD
Title: Re: Proxy servers
Post by: GAX on October 16, 2008, 12:28:33 am
I used to kick it with UltraSurf.  It's a little standalone app that I think only works with IE, but it's really well made, can get around even some of the trickiest of firewalls.