Chaos Project

Community => News / Suggestions / Feedback => Topic started by: Blizzard on October 17, 2008, 10:03:20 am

Title: And one more time!
Post by: Blizzard on October 17, 2008, 10:03:20 am
I am moving the site today probably. I can't and I won't take this host's bullshit anymore. >:( I already rented space at another server. Now I am downloading the site's contents. When the new account is actived and while I upload the files there, I will make a backup of the database here and get everything ready for the transfer. That means that the site will be down for max 24 hours until the DNS records are updated.
Title: Re: And one more time!
Post by: fugibo on October 17, 2008, 11:09:01 am
Noooooooooooooooooo!!!
Title: Re: And one more time!
Post by: DeathLock on October 17, 2008, 11:17:14 am
A new host, well took you long enough. :P
Title: Re: And one more time!
Post by: Blizzard on October 17, 2008, 11:49:51 am
Geez, I'm usually broke, remember? xD Seriously, this is a big step for me. I want to become independant, but it's a bit hard with all the time-consuming stuff in my life. Hm... If I just didn't have to waste 8 hours on sleeping each day... <_<;
Title: Re: And one more time!
Post by: Valcos on October 17, 2008, 11:01:31 pm
Drink more coffee?  :^_^': And whens it going to go down? :O.o:
Title: Re: And one more time!
Post by: Aqua on October 17, 2008, 11:03:25 pm
We already switched... :P

It's been up for ~6 hours.
Title: Re: And one more time!
Post by: Mightylink on October 18, 2008, 10:06:26 pm
I know what its like blizz, im pressured into all sorts of other things, no time to work with websites and rpg maker. I been wanting to make a site for my game for a year now and still never started it.
Title: Re: And one more time!
Post by: Blizzard on October 19, 2008, 08:45:14 am
At least it seems to have went through rather easily without incidents. Well, except that post data corruption that forced me to export the database (heck, I should have backed it up right there the day before) and import at the new host again.
Title: Re: And one more time!
Post by: Mightylink on October 19, 2008, 09:10:53 am
when I did mine I forgot to save the sql file in unicode >.< it worked but all the posts with cammas and other wierd symboles turned to wierd text, like "that%)@s my post in the forums."
Title: Re: And one more time!
Post by: Blizzard on October 19, 2008, 09:23:36 am
Lol! I didn't have to think about that because I used Notepad++ which did it automatically, but it seemed that something went wrong with the file after all. i.e. The SQL commands in the file were alright, but the import simply didn't work out right.
Title: Re: And one more time!
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on October 19, 2008, 11:28:31 pm
Oh, so that is why the host isn't blocking me. I feel so relieved. I don't need to go on a Proxy anymore.

I wish I can donate some spare change to you but I don't have a Paypal and chances are I can't get one. Why donate? Because I just feel nice and all. :/
Title: Re: And one more time!
Post by: Blizzard on October 20, 2008, 05:41:38 am
I wish my PayPal account could accept donations. ._.
Title: Re: And one more time!
Post by: Galatea on October 20, 2008, 06:06:05 am
 :(