Chaos Project

RPG Maker => Resources => Resource Requests => Topic started by: Fantasist on November 09, 2008, 07:30:44 am

Title: VX to XP Conversion Help
Post by: Fantasist on November 09, 2008, 07:30:44 am
I'm trying to make an RMVX RTP for RMXP (VX resources converted for use in RMXP). Audio is piece of cake, I just had to move them. Most of the graphics are done too, but obviously, I haven't converted charsets, tilesets and autotiles. Does anyone know any tools which can split PNG images without messing up their transparency? I've tried some software but they either only work with BMPs and JPGs, or they can't output to PNG.

Here's a list of what I completed and what I need:

Audio

- BGS
- BGM
- ME
- SE

Graphics

- Animations
- Autotiles
- Battlebacks
- Battlers
- Characters
- Fogs
- Gameovers
- Icons
- Panoramas
- Tilesets
- Titles
- Transitions
- Windowskins

Legend:
Green - Done
Red - Not done

After I split the images, I need to work out each charset. I could also use a tool which can automate the charset conversion. I think all of this is possible through Photoshop scripts, but I have no idea about them. I'd appreciate some support :)
Title: Re: VX to XP Conversion Help
Post by: Mightylink on November 09, 2008, 08:44:59 am
id say forget the tool and do it manually, its the only way to be sure

and there are no battlebacks in vx :P
Title: Re: VX to XP Conversion Help
Post by: Fantasist on November 09, 2008, 09:32:16 am
Quoteid say forget the tool and do it manually, its the only way to be sure


I guess so... the RMVX RTP uses alpha channels for stuff like shadows, so I didn't want to screw them. Otherwise, I would've completed the charsets. Then these are the steps I'll follow:

1. First split all the images
2. Add canvas towards the left for each image
3. Copy the standing frame to the left

And finally, get rid of all the repetitions (like doors).

As for the mapping stuff (tilesets and autotiles), I REALLY need help b/c I haven't really done much mapping and I might not get the layout right...

Quoteand there are no battlebacks in vx:P


I wanted to mention that, but I'll try making some myself. You'll know how they look when I'm done :D
Title: Re: VX to XP Conversion Help
Post by: KRoP on November 22, 2008, 02:30:32 pm
There's actually a software for converting charsets from one maker to the other.  I found it from some blog I can't remember.  Google for VX to XP converter maybe?
Title: Re: VX to XP Conversion Help
Post by: Spoofus on November 22, 2008, 02:46:47 pm
well if you dont mind a lil work for the characters you can open a RMXP one in paint then open another paint window wit ha RMVX character and just copy and paste the VX one over to the XP one so you can line them up easy..it aint really hard i do it all the time for characters