Chaos Project

General => Chat => Express your Creativity => Topic started by: Fantasist on November 28, 2008, 09:18:02 am

Title: My first space art in photoshop (100%)
Post by: Fantasist on November 28, 2008, 09:18:02 am
My game involves some serious space art and instead of ripping off wallpapers and the like, I want to learn to make space scenes with photoshop. Here's my first attempt:
(http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5089/spacescene2kx9.th.jpg) (http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spacescene2kx9.jpg)

I know the star field is awful, but the planet was my priority. The texture I used for the planet couldv'e been a lot better, but whatever. Comments, suggestions and tricks are appreciated :)
Title: Re: My first space art in photoshop (100%)
Post by: Blizzard on November 28, 2008, 09:41:16 am
The lighting still seems wrong, but it's good for a first try. :)
Title: Re: My first space art in photoshop (100%)
Post by: Fantasist on November 28, 2008, 09:58:38 am
Thanks :)
The direction of the reflection from the star is a bit off and I got the shadow wrong.
Title: Re: My first space art in photoshop (100%)
Post by: Reno-s--Joker on January 16, 2009, 12:09:55 am
Wow, I think this is an awesome first attempt... but I'm such a sucker for space art I might be biased... :D
Title: Re: My first space art in photoshop (100%)
Post by: Fantasist on January 16, 2009, 12:27:37 am
Thanks :) But this is nothing, nothing compared to the PS created space art I've seen. I've got a long way to go...
Title: Re: My first space art in photoshop (100%)
Post by: Reno-s--Joker on January 16, 2009, 12:56:46 am
Haha, I know just the pics you're talking about...  :D
Well, you're further than me at least! Keep it up!  ;)