Chaos Project

RPG Maker => Resources => Topic started by: Ryex on December 19, 2008, 01:21:01 am

Title: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: Ryex on December 19, 2008, 01:21:01 am
If you have ever used a modern mac you know they have a program call garageband built in.

Garageband (for those of you who don't know) is a very powerful music creation program and is very close to the best in the business for the price range.

I'v been looking for a program like it but for the PC and couldn't find one... till now that is!  I hope those of you who like to create music like this link!

http://www.trakax.com/software (http://www.trakax.com/software)
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: Sally on December 19, 2008, 09:05:28 am
sweet...
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: tSwitch on December 19, 2008, 11:55:13 pm
no piano roll :/
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: Ryex on January 29, 2009, 11:29:27 pm
even better is a program called MixCraft loop library and piano role

http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/ (http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/)

however this one costs $70, $64.95 to be exact.
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: Reno-s--Joker on January 30, 2009, 04:23:26 am
:haha: OMG LOOOOVE!!!! <33333
I loved Garageband, and I'm so happy you found this! Man! Words just don't do my happiness justice. ^-^
:) :) :)
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: Calintz on January 30, 2009, 05:07:53 pm
What is this program used for "specifically?"
Can we make MIDI files for our projects by using this program??
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: Ryex on January 30, 2009, 09:48:52 pm
^^ Yep its EXACTLY like GarageBand on MAC
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: Calintz on January 30, 2009, 10:00:50 pm
Neat...
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: fugibo on January 31, 2009, 02:39:53 pm
Really? I find that hard to swallow. I happen to have GarageBand, which I don't actually like all that much ('course, i'm not a great musician). It is way better than searching around for a crappy PC/Linux alternative.
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: Ryex on January 31, 2009, 04:07:43 pm
try it. you will be surprised when you see how goo it is.
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: fugibo on January 31, 2009, 05:00:40 pm
I'm on a Mac, and I can't dual-boot. No WinStuff for me.
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: Ryex on January 31, 2009, 05:52:26 pm
Too bad for you :P
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: fugibo on February 01, 2009, 09:41:38 pm
But I got the *actual* GarageBand free with my Mac.... I don't see how I lose, other than being a white nerd who has nothing better to do most of the time than to play Warcraft and read Orwell...
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: Reno-s--Joker on February 01, 2009, 10:41:27 pm
You don't lose... Mac is what the pros use. :haha:
Quoteother than being a white nerd who has nothing better to do most of the time than to play Warcraft and read Orwell...

LOL maybe you do. Nah, we love nerds.

*is totally off topic - sorry Ryexander ^-^*
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: Calintz on February 01, 2009, 10:53:21 pm
I found some MP3 resources that I am going to use in my game...I guess MP3's are really the better thing to use, it's just that to actually make your own (solely for the purpose of your game); you would need your own god damn philharmonic, Lol...
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: winkio on February 01, 2009, 10:54:29 pm
MP3s have superior quality, but suck at filesize compared to MIDI.  A game's worth of mp3's can easily be 30-60 MB.
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: fugibo on February 01, 2009, 11:37:15 pm
Not when zip'd!
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: winkio on February 01, 2009, 11:54:02 pm
average mp3 is about 3MB.  Average MIDI is about 12 KB.  No amount of zipping can close that gap.
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: Blizzard on February 02, 2009, 06:37:43 am
Quote from: Reno-s--Joker on February 01, 2009, 10:41:27 pm
You don't lose... Mac is what the pros use. :haha:


Nah. Mac is what rich people use. I can't afford a Mac book, but I can afford a normal laptop. :/
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: Reno-s--Joker on February 03, 2009, 02:30:52 am
True, that... *shakes fist*
I guess pro-ness coincides with paying for pro-ness. Or something like that. :<_<:

Quoteaverage mp3 is about 3MB.  Average MIDI is about 12 KB.  No amount of zipping can close that gap.

MIDI size (or lack therof) really pwns. <3 :haha:
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: fugibo on February 07, 2009, 10:26:08 am
Actually, I'm using a normal MacBook, which is cheaper than a lot of laptops with the same specs (the Vaio for one), but with a smaller screen (the 5 hour battery life makes up for that if you ask me; amazing portability)

But back on topic: Anyone know where I can learn how to actually use GarageBand? I'd like to just fiddle around with writing music, as in literally writing it with notes (can't think of proper term, dangit...) I was in the band for ~4 years, so I know the basics. I just want to play around with it.
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: Reno-s--Joker on February 07, 2009, 04:30:52 pm
*drool* Don't make me want to get one.... >.<

:D Most of the functionalities are so easy to use that you wouldn't need to learn how. Although I think if you want to compose the music yourself it might pose a problem - I know there is a keyboard functionality where you can input your own notes using the computer keyboard as a piano, but that's all I can remember... ^-^; Otherwise I think the software is more for arranging stuff than composing.

I dunno... Google...? :shy:
Title: Re: Ever wanted Mac's Garageband?
Post by: fugibo on February 07, 2009, 05:33:40 pm
That's what I was thinking. I couldn't figure out how to edit the notes of the instrument :/ And thanks for the word, to. "Composing"... blah. *googles*