Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Topic started by: Punn on December 29, 2008, 04:10:10 pm

Title: Best free program for protecting laptops?
Post by: Punn on December 29, 2008, 04:10:10 pm
I got this nice laptop yesterday, I was able to finally use my steam account and play S4 league. All fun aside, I'm looking for the best free programs that helps protect laptops, and also looking for a program that lets me use my webcam function.

I know GAX mention about the list of free computer security software. (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=477.0)

And I remember Blizz mention a few, this program helps cool off laptops, I think..

Anyways, I wonder if ya know any good programs..


Thanks ,p
~Punn
Title: Re: Best free program for protecting laptops?
Post by: Ryex on December 29, 2008, 08:15:31 pm
You mean from viruses and spy wear? follow Gax's topic AVG anti virus, and Spybot are your best bet
Title: Re: Best free program for protecting laptops?
Post by: Punn on December 29, 2008, 11:43:36 pm
Quote from: Punn on December 29, 2008, 04:10:10 pm

I know GAX mention about the list of free computer security software. (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=477.0)

And I remember Blizz mention a few, this program helps cool off laptops, I think..

Anyways, I wonder if ya know any good programs..

Title: Re: Best free program for protecting laptops?
Post by: Blizzard on December 30, 2008, 07:37:25 am
RMClock.
Title: Re: Best free program for protecting laptops?
Post by: Punn on December 30, 2008, 10:47:29 pm
RMClock doesnt seem to work for me, and I only download AVG works very well for me, I used a ****** for it and now Im better protected, I also found about other program.

Comodo
Avira

Anyone know any other?
Title: Re: Best free program for protecting laptops?
Post by: Blizzard on December 31, 2008, 06:51:08 am
AVG is the best free one as far as I know, but definitely not the best one. It actually detects cracks as a threat. ._.