Chaos Project

RPG Maker => Resources => Resource Requests => Topic started by: G_G on January 13, 2009, 03:36:48 pm

Title: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: G_G on January 13, 2009, 03:36:48 pm
I need some Light Sabers or what my friend calls them Laser Swords in blizz abs weapon format.
They are off of Star Wars.

Blue Green and Red are the colors I need please.
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: Calintz on January 13, 2009, 04:05:59 pm
Where can I find the weapon format for Blizz's ABS??
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: G_G on January 13, 2009, 05:37:53 pm
Use the sword from the example game. Chronicles of Sir Lag-A-Lot.
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: Aqua on January 13, 2009, 05:45:19 pm
The template changed.
CoSLAL won't work with newest version.
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: G_G on January 13, 2009, 05:48:19 pm
Whats the new template then? I wouldn't know because I haven't actually used the weapon animations. I've been testing other things out.
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: Calintz on January 13, 2009, 06:42:54 pm
So send me a link to where I can find the newest template...
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: Landith on January 13, 2009, 09:27:18 pm
Here is Blizzards new weapon and actor sprites. Enjoy.

Download Link (http://downloads.chaos-project.com/BlizzABSCharacters.zip)
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: Calintz on January 13, 2009, 09:56:09 pm
Thank you Landith...
*powers up*
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: Landith on January 13, 2009, 10:04:17 pm
No problem.
I just went back to page 57 on the Blizz Abs thread, it was posted there when he updated it to 2.1 lol

Btw, Blizz you might want to post that on the first post in Blizz Abs to make it easier to find  :^_^':
Just a suggestion...
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: Calintz on January 13, 2009, 11:51:00 pm
Landith...
You are quite the useful forum member, Lol
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: Blizzard on January 14, 2009, 10:15:53 am
Here is a lasersword icon that might come in handy.

(http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6466/infernolaserswordcb5.png)

Credit goes to me.

Quote from: Landith on January 13, 2009, 10:04:17 pm
Btw, Blizz you might want to post that on the first post in Blizz Abs to make it easier to findĀ  :^_^':
Just a suggestion...


I'll leave it as it is for now. When I release CoSLAL EXA, they will be in there anyway.
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: G_G on January 14, 2009, 01:17:04 pm
Thanks for the Icon Blizzard.
Thank you Landith for providing Calintz with the new template.
Thank you Calintz for taking my request.
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: Calintz on January 14, 2009, 06:26:43 pm
Haha not so fast speedy...
I am a spriter by request yes, but you have to place the request in my workshop before I will take it up...

As far as I know, all three slots are open...
You can find the link in my sig.
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: G_G on February 02, 2009, 05:57:07 pm
BUMP

I requested it in Calintz thread but I know its going to be awhile. I just need a green one in the blizz abs weapon for for a sword please. I need this before I release my demo.
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: Landith on February 02, 2009, 06:16:16 pm
(http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2763/lightsaberbasecx3.png)
There is the base for it, tell me if you want anything changed
It looks a lot better in game btw...
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: G_G on February 02, 2009, 06:45:06 pm
Thats perfect landith! Now to implement it in my game and it'll almost be demo ready!
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: Landith on February 02, 2009, 07:15:36 pm
Okay, I'll probably be done in about 2 hours.
I'll make you a red, green and blue. Do you want yellow and purple too?
Just changing the hues lol
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: Calintz on February 02, 2009, 07:19:43 pm
Nice...kinda fat, Lol, but very nice.
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: G_G on February 02, 2009, 07:21:20 pm
If you could would you change the colors? Purple and yellow would be great.

Calintz you can go ahead and remove me from the que then from ur thread. I would've waited but I wanted to release a demo.
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: Landith on February 02, 2009, 07:29:00 pm
(http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1222/lightsaberaw6.png)
Here is what I have done so far. Tell me if you need/want anything to be changed. :)
Once again, looks better in game because part of it is transparent.
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: G_G on February 02, 2009, 07:40:36 pm
Looks great! Thank you for doing this! IT looks really good. Heck I'll have to make a few new enemies now. Add Darth Maul to the first fight!
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: Landith on February 02, 2009, 08:18:44 pm
I'm done. In only an hour and a half too :)

Blue: ShowHide

(http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4093/lightsaberbluezy1.png)

Green: ShowHide

(http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1057/lightsabergreenhq7.png)


(http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/7460/lightsaberredln8.png)

Yellow: ShowHide

(http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8809/lightsaberyellowdm3.png)

Purple: ShowHide

(http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6671/lightsaberpurpletb6.png)

Hope you like it... :)

BTW, I didn't test it out in game and I'll change them however you want...
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords
Post by: G_G on February 02, 2009, 08:27:25 pm
OMG! TOTAL POWER UP TIME! THEY"RE AWESOME. I'm going to test them out now and see how they look in game. I'll let you know if need anyhting else.

Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: Landith on February 02, 2009, 08:29:50 pm
Thanks :)
If it goes over the character tell me and I'll erase all the parts that go over it...
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: G_G on February 02, 2009, 09:27:18 pm
I actually just realized it does go over the character. Its not that noticable but if you're willing to change it that'd be great. It happens when he looks up and down.
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: Landith on February 02, 2009, 10:13:34 pm
I'll see what I can do tomorow.
I'm playing around with opera right now :)
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: Calintz on February 02, 2009, 10:49:48 pm
What is opera for??
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: G_G on February 02, 2009, 10:56:59 pm
OFF TOPICER YOU"RE BANNED NOW!

Just kidding anyways opera is a web browser.

Landith no worries about re doing it. Its not that noticable. I dont want to overstrain you.
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: Blizzard on February 03, 2009, 07:00:37 am
Don't forget a cyan lasersword. :D
And those look epic. <3 *powers up*
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: Calintz on February 03, 2009, 12:39:32 pm
Light blue!!
Dude, see if you can re-color for a WHITE saber!!
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: Landith on February 03, 2009, 04:59:29 pm
Alright, let me fix the problem about it going over the character for the up sprite, the down one is suppose to be that way because thats the way it looks in real life, then I'll make a cyan and white lightsaber. :)

Glad you all like them.
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: G_G on February 03, 2009, 05:53:45 pm
I didnt mean to say down. That was a complete accident. Anyways demo is going great and I can't wait for everyone to try it out.
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: Calintz on February 03, 2009, 06:50:43 pm
Great job Landith =)
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: Landith on February 03, 2009, 09:47:01 pm
Download Here! (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ze1wwwmnwba)

Black: ShowHide

(http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/3884/lightsaberblacked0.png)

Grey: ShowHide

(http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2428/lightsabergreyzn9.png)

Test it out see if they work, otherwise send me one of your charsets so I can use that to erase anything that is messed up... :)

Enjoy.
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: Calintz on February 03, 2009, 10:20:30 pm
I like the black 1!!
You are doing good Landith =)
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: Landith on February 03, 2009, 10:47:50 pm
Thanks :)
It could do with some improvement though...

Okay I give you rainbow!
Rainbow: ShowHide

(http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7141/lightsaberrainbowne5.png)

I made it this way to avoid it being choppy.
Otherwise it would just look like lines of different colors going down it...
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: G_G on February 03, 2009, 10:54:27 pm
Thank you landith! These are all so cool! I have many lightsabers to choose from now!
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: Aqua on February 03, 2009, 10:55:54 pm
Woah!  The rainbow one changes colors!!! D:
You used one big gradient to recolor all the light on the same layer...
The contrasting colors of some of them /will/ be an eyesore when the sprite flashes quickly through the animation.

I don't see how using a gradient on each part of the 4 faces would make it choppy...  
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: Landith on February 03, 2009, 10:56:51 pm
Well I think a cool feature would be for them to make their own lightsaber, like collect red crystals, combine them with blue crystals you get purple then you can create different lightsabers with different crystals
Just an idea.
Of course it wouldn't be in the first demo if you decide to do it because it would take time to make :)
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: G_G on February 03, 2009, 11:33:10 pm
I can do that! It sounds like an awesome idea.
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: Calintz on February 04, 2009, 01:00:31 am
That is a VERY good idea...

Each can cause specific status afflictions, or obtain special skills. Some can even cause base status afflictions that aide the wielder.
Title: Re: Light Sabers/ Laser Swords(resolved)
Post by: G_G on February 04, 2009, 01:21:35 am
Ha I got another idea.

I will use Lnadith's idea but only for certain colors. On my site for my game there is a store. You buy stuff with money. You get money from teh Army System I have and by posting. You can buy extra mods for my game to get even cooler lightsabers. I dunno just thrwoing ideas