Okay, I am converting the ring menu into a 1 scene CMS. Without save though, I'm making it teleport instead... I'll probably make a save one also though.
Here is what I have done or am doing.
- Item Menu
- Skill Menu
- Equip Menu
- Status Menu
- Teleport Menu
- End Menu
It is still buggy, like when you go into the menu first and try to open teleport without going into item it will open the item menu instead... :<_<:
So once I get these bugs worked out I'll post a demo.
Here are some screenshots of what I have so far.
(http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5163/scr3av8.png)
(http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6854/scr2cf6.png)
(http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5571/scr1jb8.png)
(http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4591/scr4hr5.png)
The end menu is nothing special, it just says Title screen, End Game, and Cancel. Not even worth showing.
Here is the Script:
Taken down the script untill finished
The credits go to Dubleax, XRXS, Shdwlink1993, Reno-s--Joker, Maki, Aqua, and Me.
I like the items! :D
Hehe...
Hmmm... I suggest at least giving a semi-transparent background to those windowskins.
Sometimes, those transparents might be on a very light map which would make it VERY hard to see. @.@
Um... from what I remember at looking at your edits... I think the problem about the teleport function is...that you call the item scene and not the teleport scene... lol
*not sure*
Wow, this looks awesome! :D I'm so happy you used some of my script! YAAAAAY!!! <33333
:w00t:
I agree with Aqua on the windowskins - I really like fully transparent ones too but busy maps can really fail. D: Although the ones in the screenshots really do look neat. :P
A skill menu like the items one (with icons) would pwn. Equip might be a little more difficult to keep small, so maybe a window like the status one would work well with a Metroid Prime 3 inventory thing (where it points to the parts of Samus' body, if I remember correctly). :D
But so far this is looking really awesome. I think I might want to use it too. :)
Good luck with finishing the rest of it! ^-^
Oh... my... gosh... :o
That menu looks SO awesome 8)! Great job, Landith.
It is very good, but I don't like how it is 100% transparent. Makes it hard to read what it says. Especially on bright maps. It could probably be because of the windowskin you are using thought :P If it is because of the windowskin, please post some screenshots with the normal windowskin too ^^;;
Looking awesome Landith, good luck :)
*powers up*
Thanks guys :)
I'll post some screenshots with a darker opacity.
Ignore the Grassland Text in the top right corner, it's just Tons of Add-ons, not part of the menu
Added Skill Menu
Yes ^^ it looks alot better now.
Yeah, but still buggy so don't use the code... Unless your curious to what it looks like in game...
hey Landith sorry I didn't get back to you last night and i was gone all today, but I found what you need to do. Insert this line:
@item_window.active = false
right after the line
@item_window = Window_Item.new
its around line 770
Yeah, for some reason, that was all it needed for that one glitch...
I feel sooo Stupid now...
Thanks :)
*Three Epic Power Up*
Which I have to wait a while to give it to you :^_^':
Yay, AWESOME! <333
I'll help you power up winkio if you want. ^-^
Thanks :)
I can't wait to finish this thing, I need ideas for the Equip menu though...
Maybe I can have just the Equipment showing with the help menu then when you click on one of the equipment it animates a window from the left that shows the available equipment to equip and updates the original equipment window. Is that a good idea or no?
That way it would be as compact as possible
oh, btw, I had another suggestion:
your windows only animate (come down from the top of the screen) once for each menu. After that, they just appear. You should fix this by re-setting them to their initial position when the player exits the menu.
I can't say I can think of another way you could do the equip menu. :D
If you're using the inbuilt battle system, maybe have the battler graphic centred with arrows pointing to each component part (weapon, body, etc.) so that the equip windows can come from both left and right...? :???: It might be nice to have a balance.
This is exciting. ^-^ I'd help you more if I didn't have exams next week. :blargh:
winkio - I love you for fixing it! <333
:haha:
@winkio: Yeah, I was going to do that but I forgot too add it. Thanks for reminding me :)
@Reno: That would be hard for me to script, plus it would look weird because all armor would look the same and stuff. So I think it would be easier to do it the compact way.
Thanks for the suggestions guys, if you have any others post it so I can add it.
I'm thinking of not adding the animated save option that way people can use their own save scenes.
I also have to find a way to activate the skill windows for seperate actors before working on the equip windows...
ok, other suggestions:
1. Since you have the window's animate onto the screen, you should have them animate off the screen as well.
2. For all the transitions that you do, try making more of a drop down bounce motion instead of just a linear move.
3. Some of that coding is inefficient/ugly. Try and optimize it (example: have the animated windows be part of the window's update, not the menu's update. There is other stuff too)
4. If you plan on releasing it for public, put some comments in there! If not, ignore this one.
That's what I have for now...
1) I will deffinetly do this when I finish it
2) Could you explain this in detail? I don't get what you mean by a drop down bounce motion
3) This is my first script(I'm still learning) so I'll take a look at how Blizzard Optimized his code on Stormtronics CMS and follow his example
4) Of course, the code is so messy right now, I'll make it look beautiful after I finish adding in comments and then release it to the public
ok, for 2, this is what it looks like now:
(http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/F9K/Y7QW/FG2MJF77/F9KY7QWFG2MJF77.MEDIUM.gif)
this is how it could improve:
(http://inspire.server101.com/ben/resume/examples/education/bva/animation/ball/anim2.gif)
See the difference? the first one just has constant velocity, but the second has acceleration which makes it that much better.
Could you give me an example of how to increase speed?
Would it be like this?
if @window.active
if @window.y < 200
@window.y + 10
elsif @window.y > 200
@wndow.y + 20
elsif @window.y < 400
@window.y = 400
end
end
Or something different?
ok, this is how I would do it: make a property of the window that holds the value for yspeed. Then, set an equation for yspeed (example: yspeed = 30 - yposition/5) Then, it's simply a matter of stopping at end conditions (example: yspeed == 0 and yposition == 150) An alternate method would be to define acceleration, and then add it to the speed each time.
Oh That would make it easier to animate windows
Alright but that would just be for the windows going down right?
Like windows de animating won't go faster as they go off the screen right?
Also, I decided that since teleportation is so specific I won't include it when I release it to the public and make it save instead and not include fantasists script although I'll use it
Now should I make my own save window or leave it just $scene = Scene_Save.new? That way people with different save menus can use that instead.
I would just keep it Scene_Save in my oppinion. Because when I make a traditional rpg again I'll use CP's Save Layout and I really would like to use this when I do but if it had its own save window I probably wouldnt use it. But thats just me.
I also would just make a new scene for saving. There's so many different scripts with such varying settings and customization, .
(Also, it wasn't Fantasist's Teleportation Script, Landith :P... But thanks for using it!)
ladntih's referring to fantasists temp save script she has that for Scene End
Oh... :shy: Sorry about that. :^_^':
Anyways, it's a great script, Landith. Wonderfully done.
I make mistakes too shdwlink. One of the members on here were trying to get a team but mistakebly I thought it was landith and his game. But it was someone elses.
Okay then, I'll try to do what Blizzard did and make a new save scene but make it where you can configure it to use your own scene.
@shdwlink1993: I know it was you who made the teleport scene (which is really awesome by the way):), I was refering to Fantasist's Temp save option after you chose exit instead of displaying Title Shutdown and Cancel it will ask if you would like to quick save before closing, but I decided to just go with the original end window.