Chaos Project

General => Chat => Topic started by: legacyblade on February 14, 2009, 09:48:58 pm

Title: Weirdest valentine EVER
Post by: legacyblade on February 14, 2009, 09:48:58 pm
Today, I scraped my original valentine idea when I was hit with a sudden burst of insparation. My original idea was a generic valentines card with chocolates (she lives in Oregon, so that would take some time to get there), but Taylor (the girl I'm giving a valentine too) has said many times she likes original and creative valentines. So today, I started thinking. And suddenly the image of Link holding up a heart with a dialog box saying "You receive "my heart", happy valentines!" popped into my head. So being the nerd I am, I set about making a short Zelda game in RMXP. Now that I finished the first puzzle (a simplified and scripted version of the rock hopping puzzle from quintessence's prolouge), I am working on the Link sprite, and adding an intro, some dialog, ect. Then I'll do a generic switch puzzle, which causes the final treasure to appear, which is "my heart", and the happy valentine message.

I'm a nerd, aren't I? XD

btw, before you tell me giving her something nerdy is a horrible idea, she used to play zelda games a lot, and she finds my nerdiness endearing
Title: Re: Weirdest valentine EVER
Post by: Diokatsu on February 14, 2009, 11:43:19 pm
Interesting...

It's unique at least xD
Title: Re: Weirdest valentine EVER
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on February 15, 2009, 12:33:10 am
I wonder if you finished in time.

And the points of most Valentines are short and sweet.

I got a Valentine's recently with lots of candy. But the message was so offending. D: Of course, it's all just a joke so it's high spirits. Hopefully she took it in high spirits too, I assume she did.
Title: Re: Weirdest valentine EVER
Post by: Blizzard on February 15, 2009, 07:14:14 am
I think it's cute. That she played Zelda games before definitely makes it easier to send the message properly. :)
Title: Re: Weirdest valentine EVER
Post by: Hellfire Dragon on February 15, 2009, 07:59:35 am
It's unique anway :P Still nice idea,a game for Valentines :cclove:
Title: Re: Weirdest valentine EVER
Post by: shdwlink1993 on February 15, 2009, 08:37:34 am
It's a great idea. It's original, it's relevant specifically to her, and, unlike candy, it would have made it here (to this state. NOT to this house. lol) by then. It'd be weird if she didn't have any idea what Zelda was, but she does, and therefore it's unique and special.

PS: And, you know, you posted a Link Character because of it. That's a nice little extra that also happens to ROCK.

PPS: No, I don't know a Taylor. Except that one annoying guy, but I doubt he's your girlfriend for some reason. xD
Title: Re: Weirdest valentine EVER
Post by: Punn on February 15, 2009, 02:30:40 pm
Hopefully she doesn't go "Aww, you didn't get me any material goods"
Title: Re: Weirdest valentine EVER
Post by: tSwitch on February 16, 2009, 10:36:57 am
I got my sweetie L4D for Valentine's day.

the note on steam said:
Quote
I love you, happy Valentine's day.
I got you zombies ;*
Title: Re: Weirdest valentine EVER
Post by: Landith on February 16, 2009, 11:57:57 am
Left 4 dead is a really cool game, I can't get past the fifth level though... :(

I got my girlfriend a box of chocolates and a big teddy bear  :shy:
Title: Re: Weirdest valentine EVER
Post by: Snailer on February 16, 2009, 05:35:04 pm
Yeah, I'd go with mod the walls of left 4 dead in your own hosted server saying I LOVE YOU or something.


It's a really cool idea ahaha. Be sure it ain't bugged tho.. or you look like a fool.
Title: Re: Weirdest valentine EVER
Post by: legacyblade on February 17, 2009, 11:39:28 am
Quote from: Punn on February 15, 2009, 02:30:40 pm
Hopefully she doesn't go "Aww, you didn't get me any material goods"


She's not really much into physical gifts. She's told me numerous times "I hate when guys just go get the girl flowers and chocolates or something. I think valentines gifts should be creative, and something you put time into".

Quote from: Blizzard on February 15, 2009, 07:14:14 am
I think it's cute. That she played Zelda games before definitely makes it easier to send the message properly. :)


SHe thought it was cute too. My mom saw it, and said "...what?", but Taylor loved it. (she used to be obsessed with zelda games)

Quote from: shdwlink1993 on February 15, 2009, 08:37:34 am
It's a great idea. It's original, it's relevant specifically to her, and, unlike candy, it would have made it here (to this state. NOT to this house. lol) by then. It'd be weird if she didn't have any idea what Zelda was, but she does, and therefore it's unique and special.


She was fine with the lack of candy, she kept telling me how much she loved the gift. ^_^ I'm sure that this gift was definitely unique :P

Quote from: shdwlink1993 on February 15, 2009, 08:37:34 am
PS: And, you know, you posted a Link Character because of it. That's a nice little extra that also happens to ROCK.


lol, I guess everyone wins then


She loved the gift, and I thought I might as well show it to all of you.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qav8pn

It's encrypted, but that's just because I wanted less subfolders to show up in the final gift. I got the idea for the main puzzle by playing Quintessence.

Tell me what you guys think!
Title: Re: Weirdest valentine EVER
Post by: tSwitch on February 17, 2009, 11:45:03 am
Quote from: Snailer on February 16, 2009, 05:35:04 pm
Yeah, I'd go with mod the walls of left 4 dead in your own hosted server saying I LOVE YOU or something.


It's a really cool idea ahaha. Be sure it ain't bugged tho.. or you look like a fool.


you could just make a heart or something your tag.
Title: Re: Weirdest valentine EVER
Post by: Blizzard on February 18, 2009, 03:26:00 am
Give her a real human heart. That is so much more romantic. :V
Title: Re: Weirdest valentine EVER
Post by: Tazero on February 20, 2009, 03:11:22 pm
I hate valentines day..... Too much affection that i think isn't nesessary Sorry :V:
Title: Re: Weirdest valentine EVER
Post by: Chaze007 on February 20, 2009, 05:13:15 pm
you should have sent her a picture of you in a thong, she would have loved that :]...I know I would...



thongpicplzlegacyplox?
Title: Re: Weirdest valentine EVER
Post by: Blizzard on February 21, 2009, 04:40:53 am
I think Valentines Day is useless. Why do I need a special day in the year to tell and show the girl I love that I love her? It's completely pointless IMO.
Title: Re: Weirdest valentine EVER
Post by: legacyblade on February 21, 2009, 04:35:57 pm
@Blizz, Me and Taylor (the girl I sent this too) agree that valentine's day is pointless, and that you can tell eachother you love eachother, and send gifts any day, and it means as much. But we both felt like giving eachother valentine gifts. I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail.