Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: Calintz on February 26, 2009, 09:44:09 pm

Title: Dual Battlesystems...
Post by: Calintz on February 26, 2009, 09:44:09 pm
I was wondering if it is possible to have dual battle systems incorporated into your game?? Like, have the entire battle system itself(in the script editor) stored into a switch that can be toggled during gameplay...

In this manner, one would have the ability to change the current battle system by utilizing the in-game switches...

**I do not plan on using two separate battle systems. However, I wanna know if this is possible!?
Title: Re: Dual Battlesystems...
Post by: winkio on February 26, 2009, 09:45:44 pm
Definitely possible.  I don't see how this would be useful, except if you had a game kind of like starwars battlefront or something with vehicles and people, and a battle system for each one...
Title: Re: Dual Battlesystems...
Post by: Punn on February 26, 2009, 09:46:08 pm
I seen this idiot have a ABS and some CBS... it IS possible but requires heavy edit
Title: Re: Dual Battlesystems...
Post by: Calintz on February 26, 2009, 09:46:53 pm
How would this be accomplished??
Title: Re: Dual Battlesystems...
Post by: Aqua on February 26, 2009, 09:57:31 pm
As far as I know, Blizz-ABS is fully compatible with the default battle system.
So you are able to have Action Battles along with Turn-Based ones without having to change anything.

Although, plug-ins could create some uncompatibility...
Title: Re: Dual Battlesystems...
Post by: Calintz on February 26, 2009, 10:16:52 pm
Hmm...

But would it be possible to store Blizz-ABS into a switch, and then store my current CBS into a separate switch?? Then, by turning either switch on, while leaving the other one deactivated, the primary battle system could be toggled...
Title: Re: Dual Battlesystems...
Post by: tSwitch on February 27, 2009, 11:10:54 am
what's the point?
Title: Re: Dual Battlesystems...
Post by: Blizzard on February 27, 2009, 01:11:05 pm
I concur. I never saw a GOOD commercial game with 2 battle systems.
Title: Re: Dual Battlesystems...
Post by: Calintz on February 27, 2009, 04:09:13 pm
I don't really wanna give my idea out just yet, but if I have to in order to find out, I will...
Title: Re: Dual Battlesystems...
Post by: tSwitch on February 27, 2009, 04:51:23 pm
it's very possible, I just don't see a point to it.
even games with pseudo-dual battle systems like Bahamut Lagoon and Fire Emblem are really still just one battle system.
Title: Re: Dual Battlesystems...
Post by: Calintz on February 27, 2009, 04:54:30 pm
I might be able to do what I want with events, but if not...Then this is the only way.