Okay first of all, I want to center the actor battler. The defeult RTP scripts don't have this, center the battlers on the battle screen.
Second, please don't refer me to Tons of Addons. I'm almost certain that Tons of addons isn't compatible with KGC stuff.
Third, please don't refer me to a script that uses SDK...
I'm pretty sure everyone knows the kind of script I'm asking for... I love this kind of plug and play script, but strangely, I find no one ever uses it...
What's KGC?
KGC is a Japanese Scripter who writes a ton of scripts for both XP and VX. Which raises the critical question: What KGC script are you trying to make this compatible with? Tons should work, and if it as a whole doesn't work, then you could just take that one section out of Tons and use it.
KGC SOFTWARE. Google it. Probably the best rmxp AND rmvx scripter EVER. Dare I say it? Yeah, probably even better than Blizzard. PROFESSIONAL LEVEL SCRIPTING.
Unfortunately, he's japanese... The script's still in english, but there's absolutely no instructions for me to read, and so I'm able to use like, 5% of all his scripts... If I knew how to code, I could probably figure it out, but I don't know jack about scripting...
Sorry, shadowlink, I posted just after you posted...
Anyhoo, I can take the script out of tons of addons? I didn't really know that... I'll test it out...
EDIT: Okay, I remember why I said that tons of addons isn't compatible with KGC: IT centers the battler picture, yes... but not the bars and the stats. IT moves the battler to the center, but the bars and command stuff aren't centered at all...
Can any get a script to move those things as well?
Which KGC Bar script are you using? If it's only the Overdrivebar I might be able to help you, but if it's the usual HPSP bars, well... then good luck finding someone who will help you. I've been messing around with the KGC scripts ever since I lay my hands on rmxp the first time and I've been editing the bar scrips (well it IS true KGC offers awesome scripts, and esp the HPSP/Overdrive bars simply rock! But every KGC script is horribly incompatible with any other non-KGC-script. Blizzards scripts aren't that incompatible at all.)
And after I don't know how many years I've made the overdrivebar to be displayed whereever I want it to be... but as for the other bars, I gave it up.
Yup, using the HP/SP KGC bars as well... it's the flowing, I absolutely love the flowing... Yeah, I figured it was going to be tough... I've got the overdrive(FINALLY, I've figured out how overdrive works), HP/SP Bars, and the Active count battle, with that flowing gauge as well...
Yeah, that 'flowing' is the best thing those bars have... that makes them unique. I was hoping blizzy would do something like that someday.
That's actually easy enough to make. It's just that even my optimized version will probably cause some lag. :/ IDK, I might just make them.
Quote from: Daxisheart on March 01, 2009, 04:09:45 pm
KGC SOFTWARE. Google it. Probably the best rmxp AND rmvx scripter EVER. Dare I say it? Yeah, probably even better than Blizzard. PROFESSIONAL LEVEL SCRIPTING.
Are you kidding me?! Professionals don't code like that. The code is messy, unorganized and unoptimized. Sure, KGC has some nice scripts, but they are NIGHTMARES, extremely unextensible without major changes and extremely incompatible with many other scripts. Is that how you rate GOOD and PROFESSIONAL? Seriously, I wouldn't hire that guy for more than a minimum salary. And then I'd probably give him stupid tasks that need to be done which I am too lazy to do myself. Why? Because I will end up fixing his code in the end anyway. I was actually being nice to him since I gave him work so I can pay him. He should be thankful.
Is it possible to create anything, and create 100% compatibility to everything!?
Of course not. There are simply scripts that are semantically incompatible (i.e. Center Battler and ABS). But if KGC coded his scripts with just a little bit more concern about compatibility, it would probably work with 3 times as many scripts as it does now.
@Calitnz: Yupp, that would be called the SDK :V:
I agree with blizzard though, his scripts are good but they have really bad incompatibility issues when using them. I would suggest to request a completely new script with the features you want, or see how he made them and make them yourself.
Wait, I have some simple overdrive script with way less lines of code somewhere around. Let me just go get it.
Haha, I was just wondering, but screw the SDK, Lmao.. .. ..
I couldn't find it so I made a new one. Here. Took me roughly an hour to make it. It's simple, easy to use and compatible as hell.
#:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
# Easy Overdrive System by Blizzard
# Version: 2.0
#:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
module BlizzCFG
MAX_RATE = false
OVERDRIVE_RATE = 1000
DRAW_OVERDRIVE = true
DRAW_BAR = true
OVERDRIVE_NAME = 'OD'
OVERDRIVE_COMMAND_NAME = 'Overdrive'
OVERDRIVE_COLOR = Color.new(0, 128, 255)
OVERDRIVE_KIND = 11
end
#==============================================================================
# Game_Battler
#==============================================================================
class Game_Battler
alias hp_is_equal_to_overdrive_later hp=
def hp=(val)
last_hp = self.hp
hp_is_equal_to_overdrive_later(val)
if self.is_a?(Game_Actor)
if self.dead?
self.overdrive = 0
elsif self.hp < last_hp
self.overdrive += (last_hp - self.hp) * BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_RATE /
[last_hp, self.hp].min
end
end
end
end
#==============================================================================
# Game_Actor
#==============================================================================
class Game_Actor
attr_reader :overdrive
attr_reader :overdrive_skills
alias setup_overdrive_later setup
def setup(actor_id)
@overdrive = 0
@overdrive_skills = []
setup_overdrive_later(actor_id)
end
def overdrive=(val)
@overdrive = val
@overdrive = 0 if @overdrive < 0
@overdrive = 1000 if @overdrive > 1000
end
def learn_overdrive(skill_id)
if skill_id > 0 && !@overdrive_skills.include?(skill_id)
@overdrive_skills.push(skill_id)
@overdrive_skills.sort!
end
end
def forget_overdrive(skill_id)
@overdrive_skills.delete(skill_id)
end
def overdrive_can_use?(id)
return (self.overdrive / 10 >= $data_skills[id].sp_cost)
end
def overdrive_text
return "#{@overdrive/10}.#{@overdrive%10}%"
end
end
#==============================================================================
# Window_Base
#==============================================================================
class Window_Base
def draw_actor_overdrive(actor, x, y, w = 144)
w = 120 if !$scene.is_a?(Scene_Menu)
self.contents.font.color = system_color
self.contents.draw_text(x, y-16, width, 64, BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_NAME)
self.contents.font.color = normal_color
self.contents.draw_text(x, y, w, 32, actor.overdrive_text, 2)
end
def draw_actor_overdrive_with_bar(actor, x, y, w = 148)
w -= 12
rate = actor.overdrive.to_f / 1000
color1 = Color.new(80, 0, 0, 192)
color2 = Color.new(240, 0, 0, 192)
color3 = Color.new(80, 0, 0, 192)
self.contents.gradient_bar(x, y, w, color1, color2, color3, rate)
if $scene.is_a?(Scene_Battle)
draw_actor_overdrive(actor, x, y, w)
else
draw_actor_overdrive(actor, x, y)
end
end
end
#==============================================================================
# Window_BattleStatus
#==============================================================================
class Window_BattleStatus
alias refresh_overdrive_later refresh
def refresh(number = 0)
if !BlizzCFG::DRAW_OVERDRIVE
refresh_overdrive_later
return
end
self.contents.clear
if $fontface != nil
self.contents.font.name = $fontface
self.contents.font.size = $fontsize
elsif $defaultfonttype != nil
self.contents.font.name = $defaultfonttype
self.contents.font.size = $defaultfontsize
end
$game_party.actors.each_index {|i|
if $tons_version != nil && $tons_version >= 4.82 &&
$game_system.CENTER_BATTLER
actor_x = case $game_party.actors.size
when 1 then 4 + 240
when 2 then 4 + 80 + i * 320
when 3 then 4 + 80 + i * 160
when 4 then 4 + i * 160
end
else
actor_x = i * 160 + 4
end
draw_actor_name($game_party.actors[i], actor_x, -8)
draw_actor_hp($game_party.actors[i], actor_x, 14, 120)
draw_actor_sp($game_party.actors[i], actor_x, 44, 120)
if BlizzCFG::DRAW_BAR && $tons_version != nil && $tons_version >= 4.82
draw_actor_overdrive_with_bar($game_party.actors[i], actor_x, 74, 120)
else
draw_actor_overdrive($game_party.actors[i], actor_x, 74, 120)
end
if @level_up_flags[i]
self.contents.font.color = normal_color
self.contents.draw_text(actor_x, 100, 120, 32, 'LEVEL UP!')
else
draw_actor_state($game_party.actors[i], actor_x, 100)
end}
end
end
#==============================================================================
# Window_Command
#==============================================================================
class Window_Command
attr_accessor :commands
alias initialize_overdrive_later initialize
def initialize(width, commands)
initialize_overdrive_later(width, commands)
@command2 = BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_COMMAND_NAME
end
def swap_commands
@commands[1], @command2 = @command2, @commands[1]
refresh
end
alias refresh_overdrive_later refresh
def refresh
refresh_overdrive_later
if $fontface != nil
self.contents.font.name = $fontface
self.contents.font.size = $fontsize
elsif $defaultfonttype != nil
self.contents.font.name = $defaultfonttype
self.contents.font.size = $defaultfontsize
end
if self.index != 1 || @commands[1] != BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_COMMAND_NAME
draw_item(1, normal_color)
self.contents.draw_text(4, 31, width-40, 32, '››', 2)
elsif @commands[1] == BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_COMMAND_NAME
self.contents.font.color = BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_COLOR
(0...6).each {|j|
self.contents.fill_rect(0, 32, width-32, 32, Color.new(0, 0, 0, 0))
rect = Rect.new(164-j * 32, 32, width-40, 32)
self.contents.draw_text(rect, @commands[1])
Graphics.update}
end
end
end
#==============================================================================
# Window_Overdrive
#==============================================================================
class Window_Overdrive < Window_Skill
def refresh
if self.contents != nil
self.contents.dispose
self.contents = nil
end
@data = []
@actor.overdrive_skills.each {|i| @data.push($data_skills[i]) if $data_skills[i] != nil}
@item_max = @data.size
if @item_max > 0
self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, row_max * 32)
if $fontface != nil
self.contents.font.name = $fontface
self.contents.font.size = $fontsize
elsif $defaultfonttype != nil
self.contents.font.name = $defaultfonttype
self.contents.font.size = $defaultfontsize
end
(0...@item_max).each {|i| draw_item(i)}
end
end
def draw_item(i)
skill = @data[i]
if @actor.overdrive_can_use?(skill.id)
self.contents.font.color = normal_color
else
self.contents.font.color = disabled_color
end
x = 4 + i % 2 * (288 + 32)
y = i / 2 * 32
rect = Rect.new(x, y, self.width / @column_max - 32, 32)
self.contents.fill_rect(rect, Color.new(0, 0, 0, 0))
bitmap = RPG::Cache.icon(skill.icon_name)
opacity = self.contents.font.color == normal_color ? 255 : 128
self.contents.blt(x, y + 4, bitmap, Rect.new(0, 0, 24, 24), opacity)
self.contents.draw_text(x + 28, y, 204, 32, skill.name, 0)
self.contents.draw_text(x + 232, y, 48, 32, "#{skill.sp_cost}%", 2)
end
end
#==============================================================================
# Scene_Battle
#==============================================================================
class Scene_Battle
alias main_overdrive_later main
def main
main_overdrive_later
@overdrive_window.dispose if @overdrive_window != nil
end
alias update_phase3_overdrive_later update_phase3
def update_phase3
if @overdrive_window != nil && @overdrive_window.visible
@overdrive_window.update unless defined?(SDK)
update_phase3_overdrive_select
else
update_phase3_overdrive_later
end
end
alias update_phase3_enemy_select_overdrive_later update_phase3_enemy_select
def update_phase3_enemy_select
end_overdrive_select_plus if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
update_phase3_enemy_select_overdrive_later
end
alias update_phase3_actor_select_overdrive_later update_phase3_actor_select
def update_phase3_actor_select
end_overdrive_select_plus if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
update_phase3_actor_select_overdrive_later
end
alias phase3_next_actor_overdrive_later phase3_next_actor
def phase3_next_actor
end_overdrive_select if @overdrive_window != nil
phase3_next_actor_overdrive_later
end
def update_phase3_overdrive_select
if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
$game_system.se_play($data_system.cancel_se)
end_overdrive_select if @overdrive_window.visible
elsif Input.trigger?(Input::C)
@skill = @overdrive_window.skill
if @skill == nil || !@active_battler.overdrive_can_use?(@skill.id)
$game_system.se_play($data_system.buzzer_se)
return
end
$game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
@active_battler.current_action.skill_id = @skill.id
@overdrive_window.visible = false
if @skill.scope == 1
start_enemy_select
elsif [3, 5].include?(@skill.scope)
start_actor_select
else
phase3_next_actor
end
end
end
def start_overdrive_select
@overdrive_window = Window_Overdrive.new(@active_battler)
@overdrive_window.help_window = @help_window
@actor_command_window.active = @actor_command_window.visible = false
end
def end_overdrive_select
end_overdrive_select_plus
@actor_command_window.swap_commands
@overdrive_window.dispose
@overdrive_window, @help_window.visible = nil, false
end
def end_overdrive_select_plus
if @overdrive_window != nil
if @overdrive_window.visible
@actor_command_window.active = @actor_command_window.visible = true
@help_window.visible = false
else
@overdrive_window.active = @overdrive_window.visible = true
end
end
end
def make_overdrive_action_result(battler)
@skill = $data_skills[battler.current_action.skill_id]
unless battler.current_action.forcing || battler.overdrive_can_use?(@skill.id)
$game_temp.forcing_battler = nil
@phase4_step = 1
return
end
if $tons_version != nil && $tons_version >= 5.0
battler.overdrive -= @skill.sp_cost * 10 if @repeat[0] <= 1
else
battler.overdrive -= @skill.sp_cost * 10
end
@status_window.refresh
@help_window.set_text(@skill.name, 1)
@animation1_id, @animation2_id = @skill.animation1_id, @skill.animation2_id
@common_event_id = @skill.common_event_id
set_target_battlers(@skill.scope)
@target_battlers.each {|target| target.skill_effect(battler, @skill)}
end
alias update_phase4_step2_overdrive_later update_phase4_step2
def update_phase4_step2
update_phase4_step2_overdrive_later
if @active_battler.current_action.kind == BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_KIND
make_overdrive_action_result(@active_battler)
end
end
alias update_phase3_basic_command_overdrive_later update_phase3_basic_command
def update_phase3_basic_command
restore_commands(@active_battler)
return if update_overdrive_input(@active_battler)
if !Input.press?(Input::LEFT) && !Input.press?(Input::RIGHT)
update_phase3_basic_command_overdrive_later
end
end
def restore_commands(battler)
if @actor_command_window.index != 1 &&
@actor_command_window.commands[1] == BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_COMMAND_NAME
@actor_command_window.swap_commands
end
end
def update_overdrive_input(battler)
if @actor_command_window.index == 1 && Input.press?(Input::RIGHT)
if @actor_command_window.commands[1] != BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_COMMAND_NAME
$game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
@actor_command_window.swap_commands
end
if !Input.press?(Input::UP) && !Input.press?(Input::DOWN)
@actor_command_window.update
end
elsif @actor_command_window.commands[1] == BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_COMMAND_NAME
$game_system.se_play($data_system.cancel_se)
@actor_command_window.swap_commands
end
if @actor_command_window.commands[1] == BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_COMMAND_NAME &&
Input.trigger?(Input::C)
$game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
battler.current_action.kind = BlizzCFG::OVERDRIVE_KIND
start_overdrive_select
return true
end
return false
end
end
And OF COURSE it works with Tons of Add-ons (it goes BELOW Tons). I didn't make it RTAB compatible to get it done faster. And like all my scripts it's SDK-independent, but SDK compatible. Compatible.
It's completely plug 'n' play. The only thing you need to use is a special script call to make an actor learn an Overdrive skill.
$game_actors[ACTOR_ID].learn_overdrive(SKILL_ID)
$game_party.actors[POSITION].learn_overdrive(SKILL_ID)
Keep in mind that POSITION starts from 0, not 1. Cost is SP in %. i.e. a skill costs 45 SP, then it costs 45% as Overdrive skill. You can actually even use the same skill as normal and as overdrive skill without getting your game bugged. You still think KGC is good?
THINK AGAIN!
Very nice...
So that script is an overdrive script that is NOT part of the CRSL system??
**You should make a new thread for that and place it into the database for people who don't want the entire CRSL system...
** Good job. Power up!! **
No, it's not part of CRLS. It has actually the same functionality that Seph's Limit Break has, just without the other 98% of useless filling-up methods; simply a pure Overdrive System. If more people want it, I'll put some proper instructions together and post it as official script.
Also, it DOES NOT work with CRLS. Use only one of them, either EOS or CRLS.
If one more person calls KGC better, I'll start claiming that just Blizz-ABS with 17000 lines of code and comments is bigger than all of KGC's scripts together. :V:
I definitely wouldn't call KGC better...
I'm not sucking up or anything, but I have never seen anyone who works with compatibility as well as Blizzard does. He takes so much pride in his work, that compatibility has become second nature to all of his work.
Everything always works exactly like he claims it will when he releases a new script, and they work damn near lag free EVERY TIME. Say what you will, but I back Blizzard 100%. His scripts truly are second to none.
I don't know much about KGC, so could somebody maybe post a link to where I can find his material?? I would like to research some of his work.
**Perhaps this rivalry deserves it's own thread XD!!
What does this do exactly? Sorry but I'm unfamiliar with the Overdrive system.
Also, is this Blizz-ABS Compatible?
An overdrive system is a Limit Break.
It's not Blizz-ABS compatible because that would be extra work. This script is intended to demonstrate KGC's lack of quality.
QuoteI don't know much about KGC, so could somebody maybe post a link to where I can find his material?? I would like to research some of his work.
I'd avoid the headache if I can...
Quote**Perhaps this rivalry deserves it's own thread XD!!
Probably, but we don't want another Blizz-ABS-vs-XAS-one-sided-discussion (or do we... :devil:)
I gotta say, I love it when Bliz kicks someone's ass. Remember that guy, "Are there any REAL programmers here?" I loved that. Then there's the epic Blizz-vs-CW7 thing. You know what? *powers up Bliz for his awesomeness*
If it does happen, let's hope Daxisheart is not like CW7 o.o
I think I pretty much proved my point already.
That reminds me of the phrase that came to my mind recently. It totally sounds like Bender from Futurama would say it.
"Nah, I''m just good at being awesome."
No, Bender would say something more along the lines of "You humans are useless and suck, but we robots are awesome especially me, and if you want to disagree you can bite my shiny metal ass."
Anyway.... Yeah I have yet to find someone better than blizzard, or more universally known in the rmxp community. I have to wonder if he has any spare time though, with the ammount of coding he does, and the pure awesomeness that comes from each little line. He must have nearly every ruby command possible memorized by now.
Unfortunately he spends his time scripting for a 2d game engine that allows him to make little to absoloutly no money for his superior tallents, from what i have found, for purposes other than rpgm itself ruby is a pretty useless language, no one uses it because there are programming languages much more versetile, so everyone learns those languages that way they can program a larger variety of things. Now i admit i could be mistaken and gravely misinformed but i have yet to see evidence that says so.
Not trying to be insulting.... just saying that bliz has a lot of tallent, but he has invested his time in an outdated programming language.
Back on topic. I don't have to say, that blizzy is my favourite of all scripters. Because he actually cares!
But what no other script provided so far was this 'flowingbar' feature, which basically is nothing more but an eyecandy but still quite cool. Only KGC had those... I'd be dying to see blizzys version of this 'flowing'.
So you want a flowing bar, eh? You didn't like my lagless blinking bars? ;)
@Xero: Actually you are wrong.
1. Ruby is quite a new programming language. It's newer than i.e. Python.
2. I actually do RMXP stuff only for fun as a hobby and I didn't want to abandon Chaos Project because I am almost done. I work for Cateia Games. :P
Basically, I love almost everything you script. But those bars are just a tad more better, lookwise.
Looks like I have to put together some better bars, eh? xD How about... I'll keep it a secret for now. ;) Let's see if I find some time tomorrow to do it.
you make it quite easy, dear... I just need to attack your ego a bit... haaaa, that's why I love you! :D
*points to avatar* There are a few things I care about, though.
xD I'm waiting for the day I can replace all the scripts I use by scripts made by you...
That day probably won't come as I am going to retire from RMXP soon. :P
Damn... Whoa... brutal...
Anyways, I can't really script myself, so I guess I shouldn't say stuff like that. Obviously, I concede to blizzard, "Blizzard Is Better." Sorry for being a jackass, but it's what I live to do.
Maybe KGC aren't that compatible with other scripts, but I see the compatibility between the KGC scripts themselves, all the several dozens, is pretty awesome. Either way, a lot of the KGC scripts are pretty amazing for someone who can't script like me.... now all I need is to learn Japanese.>.<
The flowing bars are awesome, even if they lag(?), it's one of the reason I'm going with it. It's either actor center battler with flowing bars, or just no actor center battler, but for this battle system(Active count battle, frontview), I'm having flowing gauge.
Funny you should mention CW7, because I'm doing the rising legend story for him right now. It's going to be one hell of a long game...
Okay, back to the topic: can anyone script a center actor battler script that's compatible with KGC?
EDIT: Forgot to add to that person who wanted it or whatever: http://ytomy.sakura.ne.jp/ (http://ytomy.sakura.ne.jp/). That's where KGC is located.
If you'd link to the code I might take a whack at it :/
Ummm... Which code? The hp/sp flowing bars? The ACB flowing bars? The overdrive bars? Because... yeah, I'm using all of those.
Quote from: Daxisheart on March 05, 2009, 05:49:35 pm
Damn... Whoa... brutal...
Anyways, I can't really script myself, so I guess I shouldn't say stuff like that. Obviously, I concede to blizzard, "Blizzard Is Better." Sorry for being a jackass, but it's what I live to do.
Lol! Apology accepted.
Quote from: Daxisheart on March 05, 2009, 05:49:35 pm
Maybe KGC aren't that compatible with other scripts, but I see the compatibility between the KGC scripts themselves, all the several dozens, is pretty awesome
My Tons of Add-ons has 68 add-ons/scripts of which 65 are mine. xD And they are not only compatible with each other but also with a majority of my other scripts. Additionally to that my scripts usually work with SDK and most other scripts as well.
Quote from: Daxisheart on March 05, 2009, 05:49:35 pm
The flowing bars are awesome, even if they lag(?), it's one of the reason I'm going with it. It's either actor center battler with flowing bars, or just no actor center battler, but for this battle system(Active count battle, frontview), I'm having flowing gauge.
Sure, no problem. It's a matter of personal preference. I like having less lag if possible though since I use many different small things at once. If every one of them lagged, my game would be unplayable.
Quote from: Daxisheart on March 05, 2009, 05:49:35 pm
Funny you should mention CW7, because I'm doing the rising legend story for him right now. It's going to be one hell of a long game...
Just be careful with that guy. He's not what I call reliable.
Quote from: Daxisheart on March 05, 2009, 05:49:35 pm
Okay, back to the topic: can anyone script a center actor battler script that's compatible with KGC?
You still wouldn't rather use my Overdrive? Alright. As I said, it's your choice.
Well, I would prefer your overdrive script, over all others, but you don't have flowing bars, so there...
Can I see these flowing bars, please?
Quote from: Blizzard on March 06, 2009, 05:55:52 am
Just be careful with that guy. He's not what I call reliable.
Dear god, you are SOOOOO right... It's so hard getting a story out for this, the bios and stuff are so random, conforming, doesnt even explain where the kingdoms and stuff are, and sudden directions will come out of nowhere, completely messing up what I have... besides various almost useless bits of background story, he didn't even mention how I should even write the story...
Well, here's the website, where it's hpsp alter 2: http://ytomy.sakura.ne.jp/tkool/rpgtech/php/tech.php?tool=XP&cat=tech_xp/base_function&tech=hpsp_alter2 (http://ytomy.sakura.ne.jp/tkool/rpgtech/php/tech.php?tool=XP&cat=tech_xp/base_function&tech=hpsp_alter2).
here's the overdrive: http://ytomy.sakura.ne.jp/tkool/rpgtech/php/tech.php?tool=XP&cat=tech_xp/battle_system&tech=overdrive2 (http://ytomy.sakura.ne.jp/tkool/rpgtech/php/tech.php?tool=XP&cat=tech_xp/battle_system&tech=overdrive2)
here's the Active count battle, where the flowing gauge is installed in it: http://ytomy.sakura.ne.jp/tkool/rpgtech/php/tech.php?tool=XP&cat=tech_xp/battle_system&tech=acb2 (http://ytomy.sakura.ne.jp/tkool/rpgtech/php/tech.php?tool=XP&cat=tech_xp/battle_system&tech=acb2)
Crap, that's some sucky coding. If you can give me some video, I can give some pointers to what alternatives there are, and possibly give you some support in RGame :P
Lol, his Overdrive seems to have twice as much code as mine does. xD Anyway, I should probably post up the Overdrive script. ._.;