Chaos Project

Community => News / Suggestions / Feedback => Topic started by: Blizzard on March 15, 2009, 07:29:48 am

Title: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Blizzard on March 15, 2009, 07:29:48 am
First of all: Blizzard is my alias, not my company name! The "company" name, if you will, is StormTronics. This game was the April Fools joke of 2009. It is NOT a real game. The demo is going on as if it's a real game until one specific point.




Intro (Same as Chaos Project)

"Once long time ago, everything was Chaos
Then Chaos became order
And Chaos became life
After life is gone and order is destroyed
Chaos shall reign again and forever..."

This is how everything starts.





Background story (Same as Chaos Project)

Inside the legendary Tower of Memories, lies the Fire of Life....The eternal force that holds every single parallel universe together...
An old legend states that if the flame, the Fire of Life burns is to change into a color other than blue (Solar Cry) a horrible fate lies in store for the galaxy.
Two million years ago, the fire turned red... Nobody knew of this till it was almost too late. The flame changing color would have caused the destruction of all existence, had there not been two mysterious and powerful warriors. Nobody knew where they originated, nor where they were going.
But this was long ago... These two brave warriors, returned the flame to its original color. It is even said, that they were the reason for the Solar Cry... Thus all memories and records of this event were entirely wiped from existence... This is the reason, why the tower is called Tower of Memories...

Once again in the present the Solar Cry is about to occur. The consequences are sure to be fatal. However, this Solar Cry is different... The flame became green...
But because the Solar Cry is so powerful, what could surpass it's power, enough to make it happen? And more importantly...What is yet to happen, now the fire burns green? And so we go to the little planet Terra, where peace reigns... still...




Storyline

Jason is 21 years old and a normal young man who just lives his life. He's going to college and bored, because it seems too easy to him. he has no idea how the following events will change his life forever...

(To actually understand what is going on, you need to have played Chaos Project).

Rivy is able to send a dream to Jason showing him an event in his past life as the Lexima Warrior Leximus. As Jason awakes, his head is filled with more and more memories. With a major headache he tries to leave the library in his college. In a hallway a mysterious portal appears an warrior in dark clothes steps through. It is Rivy. Jason/Leximus recognizes Rivy on sight. Rivy explains to Leximus that he has been able to destroy the soul memory blockade created by Nemesis. Rivy and Leximus leave the planet Terra through the portal and head for the planet Nibble to find Endout. This is not a problem at all by using the Warp Portals generated on the Cravgon. After the pick up Rivy, they immediately head for the Tower of Memories on Kadro in order to reverse the green Solar Cry. After that the three of them cause a violet Solar Cry themselves in order to make Chaos return. Unfortunately Nemesis has found out about Rivy's betrayal and has an ambush ready as soon as the Solar Cry was caused. Endout gets wounded and their attackers retreat. The three heroes return after a while to the Cravgon only to find it abandoned. Nemesis and the rest have activated the Hyperion and are already collecting the Chaos from the Chaos Sources on Kadro. Soon it will be all to late and Nemesis will be able to activate the Chaos Machine. Leximus and Rivy have no time to wait for Setzer's recovery so they decide to enter the Hyperion by themselves in order to stop Nemesis and his henchmen before it is too late...




The characters

You will get the characters to know during gameplay. I will introduce all characters, but only 3 of them are available in this demo.

Leximus

(http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h316/bblizzard/Leximusbattler.png) (http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h316/bblizzard/Leximus.png)

Race: Guardian of Chaos / Humanoid
Class: Lexima Warrior
Age: 8156257335
Gender: Male
Speciality: Assaulting Lexima-based attacks
Background: Leximus was the first Ex Guardian of Chaos to be able to feel Chaos again even though it seemed to be only a fragment of the true power Chaos. In his honor this fragment was named Lexima.

Rivy

(http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h316/bblizzard/rivybattler.png) (http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h316/bblizzard/rivy.png)

Race: Guardian of Chaos / Humanoid
Class: Lexima Warrior
Age: 8156256139
Gender: Male
Speciality: Devastating Chaos-based magic attacks
Background: Rivy always preffered the "other" fragment of True Chaos which kept its name "Chaos". One of Leximus' best friends.




Features






Everything else

This game represents an alternative storyline of Chaos Project. If you read this topic, you might get a few things spoilered in Chaos Project. This game will be released as special game mode that will be unlocked after beating Hellvoid in Chaos Project. I am going to release a demo in several days. It is a Blizz-ABS game.

That's all. N-Joy! =D




Download

Nemesis' Wrath Demo (http://downloads.chaos-project.com/NW.zip)




Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8848/snap622.png)


Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4629/snap623.png)


Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2969/snap645.png)





Additional info

If you have any problems with puzzles or the game itself, post it here. This game is already known around and has been played by various people, so somebody should be able to help you if not me.
If you have problems with the font installer, extract the "Backups" file from the fonts folder and manually install the fonts into your %SYSTEMROOT%\Fonts folder. %SYSTEMROOT% is usually C:\WINNT or C:\WINDOWS.




Credits

The credits aren't mentioned in the game. I have created several sprites, the music files are mainly named properly and several graphics are from the XAS demo. NAMKCOR has created the image at the very end.
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Fantasist on March 15, 2009, 08:37:28 am
epic. That's all I can say.
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Blizzard on March 15, 2009, 08:42:18 am
Just wait till I put up a few screenshots. >:3
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: winkio on March 15, 2009, 09:29:21 am
Yay.  Not only will this game be awesome, but now Blizz-ABS will finally get some much needed support :^_^':
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: tSwitch on March 15, 2009, 10:26:45 am
Aww yeah Blizz, this will rock.
Hey, you gonna fix the respawn thing for the BABS version in this?
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Blizzard on March 15, 2009, 10:36:18 am
Sure thing. Until NW is done Blizz-ABS will probably be v2.4 so I'm going to have to fix it. xD

EDIT: Ok, I finally put a cool screenshot together. I disabled the HUD since it's not done yet. But it demonstrates my "Extended Center Plugin" which I will use. The screen doesn't move all the time along with the player but only when he's walking out of a predefined center area (similar to Secret of Mana).
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on March 15, 2009, 08:42:14 pm
Those tiles in the screenshot should look a little more refined than just "one-color". But I guess you will sooner or later.

I can't wait till it gets released. Really, this is exciting.
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Landith on March 15, 2009, 08:43:21 pm
Yeah it is, someone should convert the whole Chaos-Project to BABS. That would be soooooo cool :)
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Calintz on March 15, 2009, 08:49:51 pm
OMFG, I didn't even know that this was here!!
I am sooo excited, LOL!!

I thought you were retiring RMXP??
Or is this just a simple extra?? (you said alternative storyline)
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: winkio on March 15, 2009, 09:13:39 pm
Quoteover 3 hours of gameplay

QuoteThis game will be released as special game mode that will be unlocked after beating Hellvoid in Chaos Project. I am going to release a demo in several days.



Doesn't seem like it will be a huge project, but definitely a fun one.  He has to find some way to show that his ABS kicks ass XD
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Calintz on March 15, 2009, 09:58:45 pm
No doubt, LOL!!
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Reno-s--Joker on March 16, 2009, 02:00:03 am
I came. I saw. I loved.

... <3
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Blizzard on March 16, 2009, 08:57:34 am
Quote from: Calintz16438 on March 15, 2009, 08:49:51 pm
OMFG, I didn't even know that this was here!!
I am sooo excited, LOL!!

I thought you were retiring RMXP??
Or is this just a simple extra?? (you said alternative storyline)



I have all the maps already ready, I only need a few custom scripts and action sprites. The rest is eventing. I think that I could get it all done in 2 working weeks. I'll probably get to it during Beta 2 testing.
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on March 16, 2009, 05:25:45 pm
Quote from: Reno-s--Joker on March 16, 2009, 02:00:03 am
I came.

... <3


Fixed



(No need for other words)
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Blizzard on March 16, 2009, 05:35:47 pm
LOL! Anyway, I'll see if I can put a small and playable demo together in the next couple of days. As I said, it will be without the actual CP engine, but using Blizz-ABS and my style of eventing you won't notice anyway (except for the message system xD).
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Tazero on March 16, 2009, 05:51:13 pm
EPIKCNEZZ
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Calintz on March 16, 2009, 09:18:13 pm
Well, I'm really looking forward to this. I hope you get that DEMO out.
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Blizzard on March 22, 2009, 01:24:36 pm
I put up a few more screenshots. I removed the HUD in the last screenshot, though. :P

I will get a demo done in about 10 days.
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Tazero on March 22, 2009, 02:48:52 pm
3p!cne$$?
Good luckl with this blizzy
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Reno-s--Joker on March 23, 2009, 04:28:55 am
I just saw this.
Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on March 16, 2009, 05:25:45 pm
Quote from: Reno-s--Joker on March 16, 2009, 02:00:03 am
I came.

... <3


Fixed



(No need for other words)


D:

But to stay on topic .... uh ... I'll try and finish CP Beta first? I feel bad that I haven't played it in a while. :(
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Blizzard on March 23, 2009, 08:41:26 am
The demo will be relatively short so you shouldn't have any problems.
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Diokatsu on March 24, 2009, 05:29:04 pm
Looks a'ight. Good work Blizz.
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Blizzard on March 29, 2009, 01:43:07 pm
I have updated the first post and changed the last screenshot. Now it includes the HUD. :naughty:

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2969/snap645.png)


As you can see both Leximus and Rivy have the same skill assigned in their first slot. Since Leximus' elements are Fire and Electro and Rivy's element is Ice and those two crossed blades show a firesword and an icesword, you can probably guess what kind of skill that is. :naughty:
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Aqua on March 29, 2009, 01:50:39 pm
Shweet HUD and cool skills! :O

Hehe... can't wait
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: DeathLock on March 29, 2009, 02:04:25 pm
Man, that HUD is awesome. =D

You make us fall in shame. D: ^_^
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Blizzard on March 29, 2009, 02:10:47 pm
And that's Blizz-ABS what you see. I told you that it beats XAS. xD

EDIT: Due to problems with the website I've put up the demo already. I was going to put it up when I've polished it out. Oh well. It's still good. Enjoy it. :)
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: tSwitch on April 01, 2009, 08:50:44 am
oh god yes, that demo is amazing blizz :D
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Blizzard on April 01, 2009, 01:43:46 pm
Wow, I thought people would actually be anticipating this. :/ Nobody even posted half a comment about it.
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: legacyblade on April 01, 2009, 02:59:02 pm
OMG, so much awesomeness. Great use of the blizzABS. I recommend downloading this to anyone who wants an increase in awesome
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: RoseSkye on April 01, 2009, 05:32:16 pm
This game is awesome.


It's hard but.. I'll never give it up until I win.
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Landith on April 01, 2009, 05:37:10 pm
Same here! I keep dieing when I get to Seraphine! It's really hard!

Great job on this Blizzard! Wish I could get to the end though >.<
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: G_G on April 02, 2009, 12:09:42 am
I almost thr err I mean blew up due to so much ga err I mean umm awesomeness!
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Reno-s--Joker on April 02, 2009, 05:25:00 am
Lol, what are you talking about G_G? :D It was so frigging amazing!!! All the awesome battle effects ... and I'm still in love with that HUD. <3 You seriously put all other games and ABSs to shame with this demo.
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: WhiteDemon15 on April 02, 2009, 05:48:18 am
I just played the demo to this game and found it awesome and funny at the end. The HUD looks amazing. Was that NAMCKOR's drawing at the end of the demo? I also noticed Kingdom Hearts music in there. +1 for using it.
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Fantasist on April 02, 2009, 09:31:39 am
WhiteDemon, what are you talking about? Trying to get us on fool's day's eve? :P
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Blizzard on April 02, 2009, 01:15:49 pm
Lol, April Fools is over. Yes, the demo was a fake one. It's an April Fools prank. :) FBI was a diversion, CP was never in danger. The HUD is a just a fake photoshopped picture. The poses of Rivy and Leximus are the only ones that I have created. ^_^ You should try it anyway, it's fun, lol!
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Sally on April 02, 2009, 08:39:38 pm
i wanted to fight >.< grr waisted a download... it was fun thou watching the 10minuts of talking...
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: RoseSkye on April 02, 2009, 08:42:22 pm
Quote from: Blizzard on April 02, 2009, 01:15:49 pm
Lol, April Fools is over. Yes, the demo was a fake one. It's an April Fools prank. :) FBI was a diversion, CP was never in danger. The HUD is a just a fake photoshopped picture. The poses of Rivy and Leximus are the only ones that I have created. ^_^ You should try it anyway, it's fun, lol!


FBI was a diversion? Noooo.. really?
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Chaze007 on April 02, 2009, 08:57:11 pm
I actually fell for this today..AFTER APRIL FOOLS DAY...WHEN THE NAME HAS BEEN CHANGED TO APRIL FOOLS PRANK.....UGHHHHH ]:
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: tSwitch on April 02, 2009, 09:10:59 pm
awesome art in that one eh?
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: King Munkey on April 02, 2009, 09:14:16 pm
lol yes very much so.

I wish I would have downloaded this yesterday though. HAHA
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Landith on April 02, 2009, 09:15:43 pm
I did download this yesterday, I was laughing at the end.

Good job on that art NAMK, it's really good (I think you did it)
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Blizzard on April 03, 2009, 06:00:56 am
Yes, NAMK did the image in the very end.
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Sally on April 03, 2009, 06:15:48 am
the image at the end freaked me out...
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Reno-s--Joker on April 03, 2009, 07:54:21 am
As soon as they said 'make *cough*' I thought of NAMK's pic which I saw earlier...

*doesn't want to spoil for others* :o
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: King Munkey on April 03, 2009, 10:56:20 am
It was a priceless moment.
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: tSwitch on April 03, 2009, 11:05:15 am
I laughed like a demon while I was drawing it.
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Vell on April 07, 2009, 03:35:11 am
it's not an april fool's day joke if the prank began a whole half a month earlier. the prank began the day this was posted up. indeed, it was largely successful, but a true fool's day thing begins on aprils fools and ends.

that being said, I did not download it.

THAT being said... i was rather inactive that day.
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Blizzard on April 07, 2009, 06:19:27 am
The topic isn't a prank, the demo is. :P
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: fugibo on April 12, 2009, 03:50:36 pm
Lol. Lol. Lol.

Might reveal a very little: ShowHide

I started getting suspicious when I couldn't open the menu during the entire 10 seconds I could control the char :P
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Calintz on April 17, 2009, 11:10:08 pm
 AAAGGHHHH!!! You suck Blizz!! It looked so good too ... Like, cream in my pants good ... and then it was over ... :(
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: G_G on June 17, 2009, 11:44:41 am
Will this ever be a real game? Just a question....
Title: Re: The Legend of Lexima IV - Nemesis' Wrath (April Fools prank 2009)
Post by: Blizzard on June 18, 2009, 03:28:02 am
Most probably not. But if a few (or just one :P) spriter decides to do the spritesets I'd need for this game (a couple of skill sprites for Leximus and Rivy and for a few monsters), I will make it anyway.