Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Topic started by: Tazero on March 28, 2009, 06:36:25 pm

Title: FAv web browsa?
Post by: Tazero on March 28, 2009, 06:36:25 pm
Opera win/win
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: Blizzard on March 28, 2009, 06:41:42 pm
I could have sworn there was already a topic like this.

Anyway, Opera all the way. But it's become too massive. I'm probably going to make a minimalistic browser in .NET for myself.
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: Tazero on March 28, 2009, 06:57:26 pm
I'll beta test xD
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: Diokatsu on March 28, 2009, 07:23:16 pm
Opera for speed, but Firefox has got me for it's cool factor. It's just got so much stuff x.x And the Megaupload toolbar won't attach to Opera.
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: King Munkey on March 28, 2009, 07:26:35 pm
Yea I use firefox because i have alot of addons. And I just like it. I use opera mini on my phone though. Its better than using the regular browser.
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: fugibo on March 28, 2009, 07:35:06 pm
Currently using Safari 4, because I have more than enough resources to compensate for the hog (it's not that bad anyway) and I love WebKit. However, Fx3.5 is my second favorite. I don't like Opera because its kinda awkward to me, but to each his own.

Everyone I know IRL uses one of IE (usually 6, sometimes 7, no 8), Fx (very few), Chrome (a ton because apparently they think its amazing; I used it myself on Windows just because its by far the most secure and lightest), or Opera (only the nerds though :P).
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: Reno-s--Joker on March 29, 2009, 02:00:54 am
Quote from: WcW on March 28, 2009, 07:35:06 pm
Fx (very few)


... D: I don't believe you! How could they not!
... :V:

Yes Firefox, namely because of the addons. Chrome when I need to google something quick and Safari when I'm feeling weird. Opera, Netscape and IE when I feel extra weird.
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on March 29, 2009, 11:56:46 am
Internet Explorer is the default browser on this computer (Because if I change it, it may change for other users here). But I use Mozilla Firefox. It does cost a lot of Kb, so it may produce lag on other ends of the wire...But oh well...Opera I had bad experiences with, but I'm sure it would have been a lovely browser if I gave it the time here. I use Google Chrome for miscellaneous purposes.
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: Fantasist on March 30, 2009, 11:37:54 am
I'm trying Chrome and I'm LOVING it, though it sometimes crashes. Otherwise, it's Opera. I used Firefox long ago, but I think it's too heavy. Addons are useful and fun, but there are too many. There aren't many official addons. That's about the time I discovered Opera and it blew me away. I started using it and I never looked back. I can't explain it, I somehow feel Opera  is more... sophisticated.
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: Hellfire Dragon on March 30, 2009, 12:08:39 pm
Firefox, almost always. I messed with Chrome when it first came out but stopped after like 15 mins I think. I hate IE :P
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: Chaze007 on March 30, 2009, 05:22:30 pm
FF-Opera...thats all.
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: fugibo on March 30, 2009, 05:46:12 pm
Note:
"FF" is Final Fantasy. "Fx" is Firefox. Stupid I know, but that's how it is :P

And Chrome is *finally* moving to Mac and Linux, yay. The more the merrier :P
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: Diokatsu on March 30, 2009, 06:24:44 pm
Quote from: WcW on March 30, 2009, 05:46:12 pm
Note:
"FF" is Final Fantasy. "Fx" is Firefox. Stupid I know, but that's how it is :P

"IDC" is I Don't Care. In a topic on web browsers, I doubt anyone would be calling up Final Fantasy. "Fx" can also stand for Effects.

Chrome is cool, or so I hear. As long as I'm comfortable with Firefox and Opera though, I've no reason to change.
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: shdwlink1993 on March 30, 2009, 06:38:55 pm
Well, I like using my browsers to go on FF sites, so I usually use Fx for the job. :V:

I mainly utilize Firefox for my Internet needs. Once you load up the right plugins, it's really nice. Granted, it can sometimes hog memory, but if it misbehaves (a rare occurrence now), I usually just close out of it and start it back up.
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: RoseSkye on March 30, 2009, 08:49:38 pm
Quote from: Chaze007 on March 30, 2009, 05:22:30 pm
FF/Opera...thats all.


This.
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: Ryex on May 05, 2009, 11:09:40 pm
Chrome man it all in the Chrome.  did you know that Google Chrome is the forth most widely used browser and it hasn't even been out for a year yet!!!? crazy right!?
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: tSwitch on May 06, 2009, 08:41:04 am
Firefox, I love my addons, I've got it customized to work just the way I want it to.
Just cuz there's tons of addons out there, doesn't mean that you need to use them all ;)

Firefox (with extensions): ShowHide
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/browser-car1a1.jpg)


Firefox (without extensions): ShowHide
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/browser-car1b1.jpg)


Opera: ShowHide
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/browser-car21.jpg)


Internet Explorer: ShowHide
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/browser-car31.jpg)
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: Blizzard on May 06, 2009, 09:53:27 am
I know those. <3 *is Opera user until Cinny comes out*

And Chrome isn't that widely used.
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: G_G on May 06, 2009, 06:21:55 pm
Opera has great speed and it rocks. Whats Cinny?
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: Ryex on May 06, 2009, 08:05:42 pm
Quote from: Rival Blizzard on May 06, 2009, 09:53:27 am
And Chrome isn't that widely used.

its true really it is :V its above Opera!
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: Blizzard on May 07, 2009, 03:51:51 am
Quote from: Youngster Gi Gi on May 06, 2009, 06:21:55 pm
Whats Cinny?


What do you think it is? :naughty:
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: G_G on May 07, 2009, 09:29:34 am
Spoiler: ShowHide
It kinda sounds like semon.


Umm I think its a web browser? Nvm I see what you mean xD
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: Blizzard on May 07, 2009, 10:30:31 am
Actually that's what I will call the browser I am going to make.
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: fugibo on May 07, 2009, 05:03:16 pm
@Blizz: WebKit, or custom?

And yes, Chrome is the fourth most used browser... but there's an over 20% difference in market share between it and Fx.

Personally, I'm loving Safari 4 right now, I just hope that the fix the minor details by the time they release the full version. Fx3.5 looks amazing, though.
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: Sally on May 07, 2009, 08:02:32 pm
i use chrome. its nice.
Title: Re: FAv web browsa?
Post by: Blizzard on May 08, 2009, 03:09:18 am
Quote from: Biker WcW on May 07, 2009, 05:03:16 pm
@Blizz: WebKit, or custom?


Custom. Probably .NET based, made in C#. I'll make it totally minimalistic and as simple as possible. And I'll avoid using IE's HTML renderer for it. #_#

Quote from: Biker WcW on May 07, 2009, 05:03:16 pm
And yes, Chrome is the fourth most used browser...


I misread his post and thought he said "most used". #_#