Chaos Project

General => Chat => Express your Creativity => Topic started by: tSwitch on April 10, 2009, 10:52:24 am

Title: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: tSwitch on April 10, 2009, 10:52:24 am
some low poly models that I made last night in 3d art class.

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/badassBarrel.png)


Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/awesomeMartini.png)
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: Aqua on April 10, 2009, 10:58:22 am
BARREL ROLL!!!

Hehe...

These look good for a first time.

However, the glass of the martini doesn't seem translucent enough.  It might be because of a lack of background...
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: tSwitch on April 10, 2009, 11:01:09 am
Quote from: Aquaman on April 10, 2009, 10:58:22 am
However, the glass of the martini doesn't seem translucent enough.  It might be because of a lack of background...


bingo.
background is just solid gray.

and it's a workaround glass texture anyway, so it's terrible.
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: Vell on April 10, 2009, 12:00:20 pm
I like the barrel.
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: Sally on April 10, 2009, 01:40:55 pm
i think the barrel is better than the glass of the martini. but they looks nice, better than i can.
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: Blizzard on April 13, 2009, 03:24:46 pm
Nice stuff. Looks like you have a future ahead of you.
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: legacyblade on April 20, 2009, 11:53:49 am
I like the barrel! Well done. Great detail, even though it's low poly.
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: tSwitch on April 20, 2009, 10:54:32 pm
thanks guys, I'll post more when I have the chance.
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: tSwitch on April 23, 2009, 07:51:07 pm
ball peen hammer
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/A_BallPeen.png)


raygun
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/rifle.png)
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: RoseSkye on April 23, 2009, 07:57:07 pm
I'll comment more this sunday on one of your masterpieces.

I can honestly say I'm quite envious of your 3d art.
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: tSwitch on April 23, 2009, 08:05:29 pm
I can't do too much with it yet, and I still like 2d better.
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: Mightylink on April 23, 2009, 08:15:33 pm
Nice work, more then I can do lol

You can probably put that barrel and hammer up on a 3d site for sale if you wanna make a little cash :P
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: tSwitch on April 23, 2009, 08:54:07 pm
Simple lamp

Spoiler: ShowHide

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/lamp.png)
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: Sally on April 23, 2009, 09:08:29 pm
I love the textures on the hammer.
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: tSwitch on April 23, 2009, 09:17:21 pm
Quote from: Sally on April 23, 2009, 09:08:29 pm
I love the textures on the hammer.


so do I, they came out really good.
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: Sally on April 23, 2009, 09:36:07 pm
yeah, but some critisim, don't take this the wrong way, but the ray-gun dosnt look detailed at all, it looks like a cartoonie type thing, the shape is great thou, it just lacks detail.
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: tSwitch on April 23, 2009, 09:40:57 pm
Quote from: Sally on April 23, 2009, 09:36:07 pm
yeah, but some critisim, don't take this the wrong way, but the ray-gun dosnt look detailed at all, it looks like a cartoonie type thing, the shape is great thou, it just lacks detail.


yeah, I know, the ray gun is terrible, I agree with you.
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: King Munkey on April 23, 2009, 09:41:39 pm
I agree with Sally there about the ray gun.

But I love your stuff. I wish I knew how to do this stuff.
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: Sally on April 23, 2009, 09:46:30 pm
i'm not saying its terrible

just the detail isn't good, it looks like a cartoon gun for cartoon network or something.... lol but yeah i wouldn't even be able to make the shape...
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: G_G on April 23, 2009, 09:50:35 pm
That hammer is awesome NAM!!! I like the cartoony look of the raygun :P
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: tSwitch on April 23, 2009, 10:22:31 pm
Quote from: Sally on April 23, 2009, 09:46:30 pm
i'm not saying its terrible

just the detail isn't good, it looks like a cartoon gun for cartoon network or something.... lol but yeah i wouldn't even be able to make the shape...


I was :P
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: Sally on April 24, 2009, 03:01:45 pm
well... positive thoughts get positive answers!!!
Title: Re: NAM Learns 3d Art
Post by: computerwizoo7 on May 18, 2009, 09:53:57 pm
The Barrel looks really good!
what 3d modeling software did you use?