Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: Kagutsuchi on May 08, 2009, 12:51:50 pm

Title: Blizz abs Zelda-style health bar and magic bar
Post by: Kagutsuchi on May 08, 2009, 12:51:50 pm
This is a request for my game, the Eternal Saga. I am taking a lot of inspiration from the Legend of Zelda, and I want the health bar and magic bar to look like they do in Zelda ^^
1 Heart per point of health (I am not planing on having any half a heart system like in Zelda) And I would like to be able to have the hearts start to appear in a new row when a certain amount of hearts have been reached.. For example 10 hearts per row.
And I want the magic bar to be extended when you get more magic.

Example screenshot of how I want it to look for those of you who have never played a zelda game:  :O.o:
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4449/zeldastyle.png)
Title: Re: Blizz abs Zelda-style health bar and magic bar
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on May 09, 2009, 12:51:23 am
Nice request you have.

I don't have any scripting knowledge, but if you know how to fiddle a bit with the HUD, then this shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

For example, the HP meter can simply be pictures of hearts loaded, each one representing 1hp. If you want half or quarter hearts, make those pictures separately. It may be a pain in the butt with coordinates though (And a lot of copypasta to boot).

A bar for the MP is even easier...It's just like the default HUD, you know? xD
Title: Re: Blizz abs Zelda-style health bar and magic bar
Post by: Kagutsuchi on May 09, 2009, 03:24:48 am
Quote from: Elite Four Starrodkirby86 on May 09, 2009, 12:51:23 am
I don't have any scripting knowledge,

You aren't alone lol
Title: Re: Blizz abs Zelda-style health bar and magic bar
Post by: Mightylink on May 09, 2009, 03:34:10 am
I can think of a way of eventing this, make a parallel process, use the main character health variable and for every 10 or 50 or 100 health add a picture at the top left, basiclly have the hearts as seperate pictures, the more health the more hearts will show.
Title: Re: Blizz abs Zelda-style health bar and magic bar
Post by: Kagutsuchi on May 09, 2009, 04:16:59 am
Quote from: Mightylink on May 09, 2009, 03:34:10 am
I can think of a way of eventing this, make a parallel process, use the main character health variable and for every 10 or 50 or 100 health add a picture at the top left, basiclly have the hearts as seperate pictures, the more health the more hearts will show.

Yes, but events make more lag than scripts. I am already fighting lag like crazy, I don't need another source. Also I need to use the blizz abs hud to keep track of which skill is on the skill hotkey, what item is on the item hotkey, or which type of ammunition is being used for your slingshot (and bow in the future)
Title: Re: Blizz abs Zelda-style health bar and magic bar
Post by: Blizzard on May 09, 2009, 08:26:38 am
It's true, a script would be more convenient and easier to make.
Title: Re: Blizz abs Zelda-style health bar and magic bar
Post by: Kagutsuchi on May 09, 2009, 08:45:40 am
Quote from: Rival Blizzard on May 09, 2009, 08:26:38 am
It's true, a script would be more convenient and easier to make.

If you know how to make it that is :P Took a look at the scripts for the health and magic bar, and I couldn't even figure how to make the health bar red and the magic bar green.
Title: Re: Blizz abs Zelda-style health bar and magic bar
Post by: Blizzard on May 09, 2009, 08:48:56 am
filling_rate = actor.sp.to_f / actor.maxsp # filling rate
self.contents.fill_rect(X, Y, WIDTH, HEIGHT, Color.new(0, 0, 0)) # black background
self.contents.fill_rect(X, Y, filling_rate * WIDTH, HEIGHT, Color.new(0, 255, 0)) # simple green bar


^_^
Title: Re: Blizz abs Zelda-style health bar and magic bar
Post by: Kagutsuchi on May 10, 2009, 05:04:13 am
That helps alot ^^ But I still need someone to make the heart system for me ^^;;
Title: Re: Blizz abs Zelda-style health bar and magic bar
Post by: Kagutsuchi on May 15, 2009, 10:48:09 am
So, anyone who can complete this request?
Title: Re: Blizz abs Zelda-style health bar and magic bar
Post by: tSwitch on May 15, 2009, 11:01:24 am
the hearts could be evented...
Title: Re: Blizz abs Zelda-style health bar and magic bar
Post by: Blizzard on May 15, 2009, 11:06:35 am
Quote from: Mightylink on May 09, 2009, 03:34:10 am
I can think of a way of eventing this, make a parallel process, use the main character health variable and for every 10 or 50 or 100 health add a picture at the top left, basiclly have the hearts as seperate pictures, the more health the more hearts will show.