Hey, guys! I'm an old hand who used RPG Maker but changed over to Game Maker as I found it was easier to do the tricky stuff on there (like action games.) Anyway, I've seen some of the nifty stuff you guys are doing with XP scripts and I'm pretty impressed! If memory serves, it is a lot easier to get games to look flashy with RPG Maker, so I think I'll take another crack at it! Just wanted to introduce myself.
I forgot to mention that I am also a pixel artist! Here is a link to some of my (old) work: http://www.heylookitsmatt.deviantart.com/ (http://www.heylookitsmatt.deviantart.com/)
Enterbrain created another Game Maker recently that is tailored to Action Games. Unsurprisingly, it's named Action Game Maker.
Game Maker can create some interesting feats, only if you know how to code in its language. I guess you can say the same for RPG Maker XP, but yeah, Ruby is a great language. ;x
I don't know what else to say. Welcome (back?). :welcome:
EDIT: By the way, there's a rule on Double Posting. No big warnings or whatever though. :) You can make a double post as long as 24 hours have passed. ^^
Welcome Matt
Hey, welcome... want to make me some sprites :naughty:
:welcome:
I still prefer engines that aren't limited. But RMXP and the likes is fine if you just wanna mess around a bit and make something quick. Except, of course, if you get stuck in the development of a game that takes 3 years to accomplish which features over 20 hours of gameplay and so many script edits and new custom scripts that you shit bricks by just looking at the script editor. #_#
lol Chaos Project reference.
You have the coolest name ever.
I've not actually yet met a person named Matt that I liked. There's a dude named Matrim Cauthon in a book series I read whgo was awesome. but I never met him.
Quote from: Gym Leader Diokatsu on May 17, 2009, 07:36:05 pm
You have the coolest name ever.
If only the rest of us could insult people so easy.
i don't remember seeing you here but you are on deviantart, i added you to my watch and i hope that you will give me a fav on my gallery, here is my account:
http://computerwizoo7.deviantart.com/
Quote from: UltaFlame on May 17, 2009, 07:38:20 pm
I've not actually yet met a person named Matt that I liked. There's a dude named Matrim Cauthon in a book series I read whgo was awesome. but I never met him.
lol WoT refrence :haha:
HOLY HELLFUCK. RYEX. YOU'VE READ WoT?! I'm always looking for those who've entered Randland(as I've heard the world commonly be called by fans...)
Welcome enjoy your stay here at CP *cough* Child Porn *cough*
Just kidding....