hey I'm making a new battle system where the Hp and SP stuff is at the top of the screen and I wanted to get so feed back on the status bar so here a pic
I using it in HUD form right now so I can test it easier but tell me what you think
(http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/ryex/screen%20shots/statusbar.png)
You should add a border to the status display, give the background a slight gradient, and play around with smaller text sizes. Other than that, GJ so far.
by gradient do you mean an opacity gradient?
No, more like it goes from a lighter shade of black to a darker shade of black. It makes it look more finished if you do it properly (which takes a little tinkering).
oh like the top would be Color.new(25, 25, 25, 160) and it would be a gradient to Color.new(0, 0, 0, 160) sounds like it would look cool.
So is this an abs or what?
no it will work like the DBS, but I'm remaking the layout so i made these status bars and i wanted to test them so I made a HUD sort of to see how they looked..
EDIT: Update dose it look better?
(http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/ryex/screen%20shots/statusbar-1.png)
Whats a DBS?
Default Battle System
what it looks like so far NOTE: that the only things that have really been changed are the battle status bare at the top of the screen and stretching the battle back all the way down to the bottom of the window. how do the proportions look so far?
(http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/ryex/screen%20shots/Capture.png)
Well, it is making steps.
Quote from: Calintz16438 on May 28, 2009, 10:53:47 pm
Well, it is making steps.
you mean progress?
and yes it's not very far along yet...
Yes that is what I mean. It is making small steps, but steps in the proper direction.
The battle command bar looks a bit too southward, or the relationship between the battlers and that bottom bar isn't cool.
If you're using this private purposes, then I think you should tailor the screenshot to make it fit such purposes. Sometimes the RTP doesn't look good with certain things.
But awesome job so far! I like the look of it.
Just a suggestion ...
A better font could really improve the aesthetics here.
Quote from: Ryexander on May 28, 2009, 10:49:11 pm
NOTE: that the only things that have really been changed are the battle status bare at the top of the screen and stretching the battle back all the way down
I kinda ment that to mean that things like the party command window will be changed later on...
EDIT: UPDATE
(http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/ryex/screen%20shots/battlesystem1.png)
(http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/ryex/screen%20shots/battlesystem2.png)
(http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/ryex/screen%20shots/battlesystem3.png)
(http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/ryex/screen%20shots/battlesystem4.png)
Will this be released at all? If so I really like it and cant wait to use it!! :D *lv's up*
yes it will be public
lets see...
what I have yet to do...
- animate the windows
- ascetic fixes
lol not much right?
For anyone who doesnt use ToA you should have an option in there to change the font of the windows.
For the code
if tons blah blah
else
self.font = Ryex::Font
end
Just a suggestiong
Very nice Ryexander. :rockit:
If I wasn't using Charlie Lee's CTB I'd wait for yours to be finished. :)
IDK, I don't care for the tiny help window. Especially since you have it justified into the bottom right corner.
what size and location would you rather it have?
Two things still:
1) New window should have a border.
2) Fix the fonts on the names/HP/etc. It's sorta ugly. :(
Quote from: WcW on May 30, 2009, 11:02:39 am
Two things still:
1) New window should have a border.
2) Fix the fonts on the names/HP/etc. It's sorta ugly. :(
1) a black one pixel boarder? [Done]
2) I will but not till later [Done]
EDIT: UPDATE
As Screen shots will no longer do this system justeis I have created a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ9AZDd_gzQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ9AZDd_gzQ)
enjoy!
Ryex this looks totally awesome. I love it.
Why thank you monkey.
I cant wait for a release date it looks epic dude! How is this going to work with the CRLS
Quote from: game_guy on May 31, 2009, 04:42:17 pm
How is this going to work with the CRLS
I don't recognize the acronym
Chaos Rage Limit System
LOL!? He didn't recognize one of Blizz's most popular scripts ... :P, oh well.
Anywho, I saw your video, and the status window is beautiful, but having the other windows SO freaking small, and just placed all over is just a constant annoyance to me.
My personal suggestion would be to expand the help to window the full length of the screen, and place the command window on the left side of the screen directly above the help window so that their borders touch, creating a corner border look when they are viewed as a whole.
My second suggestion would be to once again expand the help window to 640, and keep it to the bottom of the screen, and then transform your vertical command window into a horizontal window much like Reno's, and place it beneath your status window with about 24-32pixels of space between them. Center it, and size it 3/4 of the status window.
**I just think that your help and command windows are too small ... they don't take up enough space, and that they were placed without thinking too hard about what you wanted.
Quote from: Calintz16438 on May 31, 2009, 05:00:30 pm
LOL!? He didn't recognize one of Blizz's most popular scripts ... :P, oh well.
Anywho, I saw your video, and the status window is beautiful, but having the other windows SO freaking small, and just placed all over is just a constant annoyance to me.
My personal suggestion would be to expand the help to window the full length of the screen, and place the command window on the left side of the screen directly above the help window so that their borders touch, creating a corner border look when they are viewed as a whole.
My second suggestion would be to once again expand the help window to 640, and keep it to the bottom of the screen, and then transform your vertical command window into a horizontal window much like Reno's, and place it beneath your status window with about 24-32pixels of space between them. Center it, and size it 3/4 of the status window.
**I just think that your help and command windows are too small ... they don't take up enough space, and that they were placed without thinking too hard about what you wanted.
They don't take up enough space? :O.o: lol I'm sorry perhaps i should of explained in the beginning.
the reason I don't like the Default stuff is because it takes up TOO much space and is put together with out a care for a smooth UI. as such all my systems are being created to take up as little space on the screen as possible at any one time. that, along with the princabul that only nessacery information should be displayed all the time, is how the collapsed CMS and collapsing CMS came to be. I'm applying those same things to the default battle system thats why everything is as small as possible. also having things on the edges of the screen helps with the effect I wanted to achieve of sliding panels instead of pop up windows.
I see the point you trying to make, the command info window is a bit oddly placed and creates an odd effect moving in and out but other than placing them at the bottom of the screen like my CMS I don't really see another option.
either way let me assure you that the design of this system IS thought out.
Still Chaos Rage Limit System. How compatible will it be? COuld you test it?
I just looked at the script and the only incompatibility I can see in in my custom windows I might have to give coy a special version so that the UI will work but other than that it will work fine.
Well, in that case ...
I've 'personally' become entirely dis-interested with this script. If you're looking for a 'smooth' interface, sure the sliding is nice, and helps to pull it off, but the windows themselves don't look right when they are that small ..
You're sacrificing the basic aesthetics of this engine to try to incorporate more advanced ones. How do you honestly make that leap?? You need a base before you can build. The conflict is that this application is capable of handling both basic and advanced aesthetics(as most are). There is no reason for that substitute, so I'm gonna have to say I 'personally' don't like what you've chosen to do with this system, and that you're decreasing it's overall potential greatly.
BUT!! I'll continue to support your endeavor and give you feedback so long as this script continues to grow, but I can guarantee you that I won't be using this in anything I ever make.
**You are definitely doing a good job though. Don't take what I say to heart, I just don't see the reason to sacrifice the basics, when the final outcome is not what it has the full potential to be. It makes me feel like the creator is giving up by not attempting to achieve the best ... IDK
.... I've been entertaining the Idea of combining the command info window and placing it so that it rests on top of the help window like you said, as well as stretching in skill and item windows to touch the help window so that it will look simaler to what you described, and I must say the idea dose seem to fit better with the rest of the engine... you know what Calintz... I'll try it and post a few screen so you can see how it looks.
Quote from: Calintz16438 on May 31, 2009, 06:14:14 pm
**You are definitely doing a good job though. Don't take what I say to heart, I just don't see the reason to sacrifice the basics, when the final outcome is not what it has the full potential to be. It makes me feel like the creator is giving up by not attempting to achieve the best ... IDK
and don't worry I was well aware that you were expressing a personal view. I'm not going to get mad/annoyed/start some stupid internet argument, instead i'll entertain you ideas a bit longer and see how your advise turns out. I haven't seen the results yet so how should I know that it won't be better!? the more I think about it the more I like the idea.
I appreciate that you were mature about that.
I'm not saying you have to even consider the ideas buddy. You don't have to change the script and take screenshots if you don't want to. That would be a sole waste of time if you don't plan on using them.
heres the test screen shots
(http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/ryex/Exsamples/Capture.png)
(http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/ryex/Exsamples/Capture2.png)
personally I don't like the first one but it is only a test so... Perhaps if I changed into a window across the bottom where the help window is?
I AM liking how the item and skill windows look though good tip there
and lol @Calintz If you don't mind would you take a look at the newest version (v2.5) of my collapsing CMS and give me feed back on it's layout?
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=2365.0 (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=2365.0)
believe it or not I consider you input of great value.
Are you considering turning the command window horizontal, or are you determined to leave it vertical??
BTW:
The item and skill window does look phenomenal, and yes ... I will take a gander at your CMS.
Quote from: Ryexander on May 31, 2009, 07:38:55 pm
heres the test screen shots
Perhaps if I changed into a window across the bottom where the help window is?
Quote from: Calintz16438 on May 31, 2009, 08:08:15 pm
Are you considering turning the command windowhorizontal, or are you determined to leave it vertical??
thats what I meant yes. a horizontal window across the bottom of the screen with the command choices and icons.
I love how the windows layout and take up little space. I cant wait for the release of this but I prefer the command window horizontal
If you decide to make the command window horizontal, it opens up a ton of new options.
You could place it under the Status Window like I had originally mentioned, or you could place it above the Help Window as earlier stated, but you could also cascade the help and command windows to equal the full 640px. You have a lot of options.
You could even place the Help Window above the Command Window, but I wouldn't care too much for that I don't think.
I think it would look best horizontal but agains the right side of the screen
LMAO you guys are such rebels!!
Everything in this world is left justified for a reason, Lol.
So everything flows together. It's an eyesore to adjust to the new placement.
Make a module to allow options.....
Left, center, or right justify
horizontal, or veritcal
That would be the best ...
That is what I did in my edit of Reno's script.
The other windows in the system should look like the HP/SP bar window at the top. Just think it would flow better as a whole. :^_^':
Otherwise, its looking good so far.
Quote from: Valcos on May 31, 2009, 09:21:02 pm
The other windows in the system should look like the HP/SP bar window at the top. Just think it would flow better as a whole. :^_^':
um... I don't know. I considered that in the beginning but it seemed like it just wouldn't look right with the status bar the way it is it add beauty to the system and yet doesn't clash with anything else if i made even one more window in to a black box i would have to do the same for all the windows and then i think it would clash with everything else... what do you think of that idea Calintz?
To be honest I would have to see screenshots to make an actual decision.
Quote from: game_guy on May 31, 2009, 08:30:23 pm
Make a module to allow options.....
Left, center, or right justify
horizontal, or veritcal
Argh! Modules are only good for static options, that's a dynamic option!
Quote from: WcW on June 01, 2009, 09:04:19 pm
Quote from: game_guy on May 31, 2009, 08:30:23 pm
Make a module to allow options.....
Left, center, or right justify
horizontal, or veritcal
Argh! Modules are only good for static options, that's a dynamic option!
lol
so make constants outside the Module?
add a game system thing than
class Game_System
attr_accessor :alignment
attr_accessor :commandwindow
alias battle_system_config initialize
def initialize
battle_system_config
@alignment = 0, 1, or 2 # 0 = center, 1 = left, 2 = right
@commandwindow = 0 or 1 # 0 = horizontal 1 = vertical
end
end
That is actually quite brilliant Game_Guy ...
That makes it so it can be changed in game where a module makes it so it has to be changed in the editor and cannot be changed in game.
Gives the player even more control ...
What's more, this would add an extra feature to the Menu's Options tab.
That is the route I would take.
You could set the default in the script, and just let the player choose in-game how he would like it.
Maybe make an addon in your menu Ryex. If you do use this and take this route have it check in your menu options
if $ryexbattle >= version here
alignment choice
command choice
end
Quote from: game_guy on June 02, 2009, 12:05:36 am
add a game system thing than
class Game_System
attr_accessor :alignment
attr_accessor :commandwindow
alias battle_system_config initialize
def initialize
battle_system_config
@alignment = 0, 1, or 2 # 0 = center, 1 = left, 2 = right
@commandwindow = 0 or 1 # 0 = horizontal 1 = vertical
end
end
This is what I always do. :P
(http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/7643/mockup.png)
mock up of having the windows look like the status bar
NICE! :haha:
I think it looks way better like that. Looks good 8)
That looks way better. I cant wait to use that battle system. Maybe you should also include an option to use characters instead of battlers.
Quote from: game_guy on June 02, 2009, 09:20:41 pm
That looks way better. I cant wait to use that battle system. Maybe you should also include an option to use characters instead of battlers.
what do you mean? like charsets?
Yea.....or even faces too
Quote from: Blizzard on June 02, 2009, 03:47:37 am
Quote from: game_guy on June 02, 2009, 12:05:36 am
add a game system thing than
class Game_System
attr_accessor :alignment
attr_accessor :commandwindow
alias battle_system_config initialize
def initialize
battle_system_config
@alignment = 0, 1, or 2 # 0 = center, 1 = left, 2 = right
@commandwindow = 0 or 1 # 0 = horizontal 1 = vertical
end
end
This is what I always do. :P
That's what all the scripters that have learned from you do, too. It's kinda a popular technique here :P
@Calintz what is you opinion of the mock up?
No, you aren't bugging me Ryex.
I had thought I had replied to this though. I like the way it matches, but perhaps a separate windowskin that looks similar, but has a slightly bigger border would suffice.
like this?
(http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/ryex/AsantearWindowskin.png)
or perhaps this?
(http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/ryex/Resources/AsantearWindowskin.png)
I can read it just fine, but that white on HP/SP bars which reads HP/SP/and the numbers clashes a bit. You might wanna tint it, or make the font smaller. It seems like the edges of the bars are what interfere. Understand what I'm saying? I know it was a bit wordy ><
By the way, how did you script a bar? I'm working on a sprint script, and I've been wanting to make a bar for a LOOOONG time now....any pointers?
you mean a gradiant bar?
Yes, like the HP and SP bars. It seems easy to do using pictures, but that'd look choppy, so scripting would be MUCH smoother. I've seen it done, but not MADE. Any ideas?
#==============================================================================
# New methods added to Bitmap
#==============================================================================
class Bitmap
def draw_bar_ryex(x, y, w, h, p, c)
# creates colors
gray = Color.new(100, 100, 100)
white = Color.new(255, 255, 255)
# dwraws a black rectangle
fill_rect(x, y, w, h, Color.new(0, 0, 0))
#starts a loop from 0 to but not including h-1 this creates the back ground of the bar
for i in 0...(h - 1)
gr = gray.red * i / (h - 1) #takes the red value of the gray color (100 in this case) and mulyaplies it by a persitege making it daker every iteration of the loop
gg = gray.green * i / (h - 1) #dose the same for the green value
gb = gray.blue * i / (h - 1) # and the same for the red value
fill_rect(x + 1, y + h - i - 1, w - 2, 1, Color.new(gr, gg, gb)) # draws a rectangle 1 pixel high with the new rgb values
end
# draws the bottom of the bar as long as a % of the total width
for i in 0...(h / 2)
r = c.red * i / (h / 2)
g = c.green * i / (h / 2)
b = c.blue * i / (h / 2)
fill_rect(x + 1, y + h - i - 1, p * (w - 2), 1, Color.new(r, g, b))
end
# draws the top of the bar as long as a % of the total width
for i in 0...(h / 2 - 1)
r = c.red + (white.red - c.red) * i / (h / 2 - 1)
g = c.green + (white.green - c.green) * i / (h / 2 - 1)
b = c.blue + (white.blue - c.blue) * i / (h / 2 - 1)
fill_rect(x + 1, y + (h / 2 - 1) - i, p * (w - 2), 1, Color.new(r, g, b))
end
end
end
then I use this too
def draw_actor_hp_bar_ryex(x, y, m, actor)
h = 12 #sets the height of the bar
p = actor.hp.to_f / actor.maxhp #gets the % of the total hp the actor has
c = Color.new(255, 0, 0) #sets the color of the bar
self.bitmap.draw_bar_ryex(x, y, m, h, p, c) # draws the bar
end
i commented my code just for you
any ideas when the script will be released?
thin of it like this if this were a video game and you looked it up on game spot the released date would be TBA. that answer you question?
Hmm, I can't tell what they will actually look like without screenshots bud.
(http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/8353/test1y.th.png) (http://img31.imageshack.us/my.php?image=test1y.png)
(http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/9397/test2k.th.png) (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=test2k.png)
Yum, double-gradient, first from whitish to red, then red to blackish. Yum! :P
White border ...
Looks fantastic!!
Quote from: Ryexander on June 09, 2009, 09:32:05 pm
#==============================================================================
# New methods added to Bitmap
#==============================================================================
class Bitmap
def draw_bar_ryex(x, y, w, h, p, c)
# creates colors
gray = Color.new(100, 100, 100)
white = Color.new(255, 255, 255)
# dwraws a black rectangle
fill_rect(x, y, w, h, Color.new(0, 0, 0))
#starts a loop from 0 to but not including h-1 this creates the back ground of the bar
for i in 0...(h - 1)
gr = gray.red * i / (h - 1) #takes the red value of the gray color (100 in this case) and mulyaplies it by a persitege making it daker every iteration of the loop
gg = gray.green * i / (h - 1) #dose the same for the green value
gb = gray.blue * i / (h - 1) # and the same for the red value
fill_rect(x + 1, y + h - i - 1, w - 2, 1, Color.new(gr, gg, gb)) # draws a rectangle 1 pixel high with the new rgb values
end
# draws the bottom of the bar as long as a % of the total width
for i in 0...(h / 2)
r = c.red * i / (h / 2)
g = c.green * i / (h / 2)
b = c.blue * i / (h / 2)
fill_rect(x + 1, y + h - i - 1, p * (w - 2), 1, Color.new(r, g, b))
end
# draws the top of the bar as long as a % of the total width
for i in 0...(h / 2 - 1)
r = c.red + (white.red - c.red) * i / (h / 2 - 1)
g = c.green + (white.green - c.green) * i / (h / 2 - 1)
b = c.blue + (white.blue - c.blue) * i / (h / 2 - 1)
fill_rect(x + 1, y + (h / 2 - 1) - i, p * (w - 2), 1, Color.new(r, g, b))
end
end
end
then I use this too
def draw_actor_hp_bar_ryex(x, y, m, actor)
h = 12 #sets the height of the bar
p = actor.hp.to_f / actor.maxhp #gets the % of the total hp the actor has
c = Color.new(255, 0, 0) #sets the color of the bar
self.bitmap.draw_bar_ryex(x, y, m, h, p, c) # draws the bar
end
i commented my code just for you
Wow, dude! Exactly what I needed, thanks ^_^
*powers up*
Quote from: WcW on June 09, 2009, 10:40:44 pm
Yum, double-gradient, first from whitish to red, then red to blackish. Yum! :P
you like? :)
This looks absolutely amazing. I would kill to have my battles look like this. That, with a 3d cam, plus whatever I can come up with, is going to be fairly awesomesauce.
I'm now eagerly awaiting updates :P
... Oh, by the way, I support the idea that your script should support using character sets as well as/instead of battlers. I'm using character sets already, because I, like many others, have BDS (Battler Defficiency Syndrome). So hard to find good ones these days... I'll have to dig up some of my ancient projects to harvest a few, soon. And post a few, too.
And... check out what I did to the RTP "Butler":
(http://i43.tinypic.com/2rqcd1t.png)
Now young, sunglassesy, and open-shirted
.gif)
ok updates:
so far here are the features the first release will have:
- the above layout (it have changed a bit ane will proably change more stay tuned for updates
- a modified version of 'Animated Battlers for Non-Action BS' from tones the will support poses
features that may come after
- a modified version/plugin for KGC's 3D Pseudo Battle Cam
- support for using charsets
- <INSERT SEGESTION HERE>
Quote from: Ryexander on June 19, 2009, 04:30:27 pm
ok updates:
so far here are the features the first release will have:
- the above layout (it have changed a bit ane will proably change more stay tuned for updates
- a modified version of 'Animated Battlers for Non-Action BS' from tones the will support poses
features that may come after
- a modified version/plugin for KGC's 3D Pseudo Battle Cam
- support for using charsets
- <INSERT SEGESTION HERE>
Well, if it can be compatible with Blizzard's Soul Systems(which is should...), perhaps you could make the status windows bigger, to make room for the 'sr' bar, without the status indicator obscuring it. Or, if possible, you could move the status indicator beside the name, and hopefully change the size and font for it... it would look really out of place as it is. Then the window could retain its smallness...
Also, perhaps you could include an option to display the battlers at the top. This isn't all that important, because I could always do that in the sprite itself, myself, but perhaps someone else would like that.
Wondering, though, how the soul systems will work out here. My game is pretty dependant on it, what with the limit sys being close to the story, and all. So compatability is a must for me, and most people on these boards, I believe. Perhaps you an Blizz can discuss it.
Now, if I can remember the things I used to know, I'll be able to edit the system's window placement and such for myself. It's not that hard, really. So don't you worry about anyone if they don't like where the command menu is, for example :P.
as I told game-guy earlyer in this topic there is no reason that CRLS won't work i'll just release a plugin that mods the status sprite.
Well, thank ye, for banishing my fears. :)
:harr:
(http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4185/captureqbs.png)
New Layout!^^
Very nice. With your CBS and the right sprites one can easily make a Lufia 2 battle system. I mean that from the graphical view.
Quote from: Ryexander on June 19, 2009, 06:37:44 pm
(http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4185/captureqbs.png)
New Layout!^^
Lookin' sexier every day. 8). Very good job.
*back to eating Fudgee-O's, doughnuts, and milk*
Quote from: Arkaea Halfdemon on June 19, 2009, 06:49:25 pm
*back to eating Fudgee-O's, doughnuts, and milk*
That cant be healthy... :huh:
And, Yeah... LOOKING SICK!! :up:
The only thing i dont like about these kind of battle system, is that getting battlers is a living hell. :<_<:
Quote from: Valcos on June 19, 2009, 08:05:43 pm
Quote from: Arkaea Halfdemon on June 19, 2009, 06:49:25 pm
*back to eating Fudgee-O's, doughnuts, and milk*
That cant be healthy... :huh:
And, Yeah... LOOKING SICK!! :up:
The only thing i dont like about these kind of battle system, is that getting battlers is a living hell. :<_<:
Battlers
are painful. My actors are using sprites instead of battlers, and it looks fine. But enemies... well, I have a lot of human enemies, and most of them are without battlers. I'm tempted to just put their sprites as their battlers.
Quote from: Valcos on June 19, 2009, 08:05:43 pm
The only thing i dont like about these kind of battle system, is that getting battlers is a living hell. :<_<:
what do you mean this works with normal battlers.
Lol.. i meant in general xD. I hate battlers, like... the pictures. Its hard to get that for sprites. :^_^':
Very nice!!
Much like Reno's Horizontal Actor Command Window!!
Beautiful layout. I have an idea for a small aesthetics upgrade though.
If you want, PM me the windowskin used in the screenshots, and I will do it quick.
Ok so the animation system is coming along nicely all i need to do now is make it so that it dose not change poses until i tell it to in the Scene battle methods. after that i'll make a video so you people can see it
Quote from: Ryexander on June 20, 2009, 05:14:13 pm
Ok so the animation system is coming along nicely all i need to do now is make it so that it dose not change poses until i tell it to in the Scene battle methods. after that i'll make a video so you people can see it
Congrats, Ryex! Is this your first CBS?
Quote from: Seox on June 20, 2009, 05:32:16 pm
Quote from: Ryexander on June 20, 2009, 05:14:13 pm
Ok so the animation system is coming along nicely all i need to do now is make it so that it dose not change poses until i tell it to in the Scene battle methods. after that i'll make a video so you people can see it
It isn't finished Seox ...
Congrats, Ryex! Is this your first CBS?
its finished now! :haha: I converting the video now and will upload it soon, sorry for the horrible audio quality I messed up when encoding it but the video is good enough.
now before i release it i have to combine it into one script as I have it in several pieces right now.
EDIT never mind i have to re encode the vid will take me a bit.
Its finally done!! I may or may not end up using it (more chance of may) but I cant wait to see the finished product!
I'd probably use it but I've modded the defualt battle system to work with a few other things so much it'd be a pain converting it all
Quote from: game_guy on June 20, 2009, 06:17:09 pm
Its finally done!! I may or may not end up using it (more chance of may) but I cant wait to see the finished product!
I'd probably use it but I've modded the default battle system to work with a few other things so much it'd be a pain converting it all
no it wont this system works EXACTLY like the DBS with only a few display edits and a line here and there for the animation.
AND HERE IS THE VIDEO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz7Pjv_K0Gs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz7Pjv_K0Gs)
you might have to wait a bit because i just uploaded it but i use a FLA file so it should be fast in processing
The "Idle" will get annoying after a few battles, to be honest. And it'd be neat if you could demo how it would look with the CRLS, I think.
Aside from that, it's beautiful.
the idle is just a demonstration of frames I just drew the text over the battler in photo shop. your frames could be anything from ready stance to a sword flourish, the same for the attack, skill, item, and defend. you don't have to use the text stuf its just a demonstration that you can have animated battlers for each pose.
Oh. Very good then :P.
Quote from: Ryexander on June 20, 2009, 06:24:21 pm
Quote from: game_guy on June 20, 2009, 06:17:09 pm
Its finally done!! I may or may not end up using it (more chance of may) but I cant wait to see the finished product!
I'd probably use it but I've modded the default battle system to work with a few other things so much it'd be a pain converting it all
no it wont this system works EXACTLY like the DBS with only a few display edits and a line here and there for the animation.
AND HERE IS THE VIDEO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz7Pjv_K0Gs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz7Pjv_K0Gs)
you might have to wait a bit because i just uploaded it but i use a FLA file so it should be fast in processing
So there's no methods in there overwriting the original methods in the DBS? if so I'll probably use it.
well ther are but they are structured the same way so it will be easy as pie to redo your edits
Ok gotchya! I hope there are options to turn off the Idle, Attack, and Defend etc. things taht flash on your character. Are there?
Quote from: Ryexander on June 20, 2009, 06:40:58 pm
the idle is just a demonstration of frames I just drew the text over the battler in photo shop. your frames could be anything from ready stance to a sword flourish, the same for the attack, skill, item, and defend. you don't have to use the text stuff its just a demonstration that you can have animated battlers for each pose.
read the topic game_guy it you don't but the images in the battlers folder they wont show the idle and attack stuf is text i drew over the battlers in photo shop then put in as separate frames to the battler
Ah ok sorry ryex :^_^':
Script Posted! http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=3872.msg77308#new (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=3872.msg77308#new)
Lock this thread, then.