Chaos Project

Community => News / Suggestions / Feedback => Topic started by: Blizzard on May 21, 2009, 06:03:57 am

Title: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: Blizzard on May 21, 2009, 06:03:57 am
Now it's Level. You can level up or level down people. :P
Why? Because Level suits an RPG community more.
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: Sally on May 21, 2009, 06:47:51 am
i like it!
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: Blizzard on May 21, 2009, 06:50:08 am
Hm... I should change LevelUp and LevelDown to Level++ and Level-- probably.
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: King Munkey on May 21, 2009, 07:50:33 am
HAHA that is awesome.

I'm only level 10 <_<
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: Blizzard on May 21, 2009, 07:58:51 am
King Munkey has leveled up!
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: King Munkey on May 21, 2009, 08:37:10 am
Offtopic level up: ShowHide
King Munkey is trying to learn Fling Poo but, King Munkey cannot learn more than 4 moves! Delete an older move to make room for Fling Poo? Yes!

Which move should be forgotten?
Fling Poo
Scratch Head
Fling Poo
Fling Poo

Scratch Head!

1, 2, and... Poof!

King Munkey forgot Scratch Head and... King Munkey learned Fling Poo!


I love how it is Level++ :P
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: G_G on May 21, 2009, 09:15:02 am
Love the new name for Karma! I'm level 65 for some odd reason I really dont do that much do i? Eh fine with me but I love the new name.

Hard thing is saying when your going to level someone up I'm so used to saying *powers up*

but I'll use *lv up*
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: fugibo on May 21, 2009, 09:15:43 am
Personally, I prefer using the ++<var> version, but oh well :P
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on May 21, 2009, 09:34:02 am
And I thought Internet Explorer is just being kooky. (Me being on that browser during the morning)

NOW GUYS SING ALONG

<caps>

Spoiler: ShowHide
Kanarazu bokura wa deau darou
Onaji kodou no oto wo mejirushi ni shite
Koko ni iru yo itsudatte yonderu kara
Kutabireta riyuu ga kasanatte yureru toki
Umar ta imi wo shiru

</caps>

Cookie to who gets it. Or maybe a slap. :V:
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: legacyblade on May 21, 2009, 10:12:18 am
yay, I like the new name. Energy didn't ever seem to fit. I like how it is Level++ too. I'm sure just about everyone on the site gets why that is the same as "level up"
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: fugibo on May 21, 2009, 10:23:52 am
Actually, it's a C++ reference, so they wouldn't really get it. They'll grasp what it does easily enough, but they won't get why it's that.

I still like it, though.
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: King Munkey on May 21, 2009, 10:31:48 am
Well we could just explain the meaning to it. Then again where is the fun in that :P
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: legacyblade on May 21, 2009, 12:37:19 pm
It's not only C++. A lot of languages use it.
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: fugibo on May 21, 2009, 03:41:48 pm
C and C++ are the most notable examples, though. Most of the others that use it inherit it from C.
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: Blizzard on May 21, 2009, 04:05:51 pm
C#, too. I'm not sure if Java supports it.

Quote from: game_guy on May 21, 2009, 09:15:02 am
I'm level 65 for some odd reason I really dont do that much do i?


I disagree. You made quite a few useful scripts and you're helpful. I leveled you up a few times as well.
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: Sally on May 21, 2009, 04:33:50 pm
wait... why its it level++ and level--  ?
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: Blizzard on May 21, 2009, 04:41:35 pm
Using a ++ operator on a variable in C/C++/C# increase it's value by 1. Using -- decreases it.

Code: Note: this is not valid C code, it serves as demonstration
a = 1
print a # 1
a++
print a # 2
a++
print a # 3
a--
print a # 2
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: Juan on May 21, 2009, 04:53:23 pm
I like the new karma names. And I sorta get the  C/C++/C# -- and ++. I'll need to get use to leveling up people.
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: Blizzard on May 21, 2009, 04:55:57 pm
I first named them LevelUp and LevelDown. Then I figured Level+ and Level- suits better. While typing I realized that ++ and -- are even better than that. xD
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: Tazero on May 21, 2009, 06:25:39 pm
Personly negative levels? Rpgs don't do that....Lvl 1 should be lowest.
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: Diokatsu on May 21, 2009, 07:17:27 pm
Quote from: MetaKnight on May 21, 2009, 06:25:39 pm
Personly negative levels? Rpgs don't do that....Lvl 1 should be lowest.

But then you'll feel much more accepted. :V:

I honestly like the idea, but the practal sense of my mind tells me that it's useless. A nice touch, but I still don't care about "Karma" no matter what the name is.
Quote from: Curly Brace (SRK86) on May 21, 2009, 09:34:02 am
<caps>

Spoiler: ShowHide
Kanarazu bokura wa deau darou
Onaji kodou no oto wo mejirushi ni shite
Koko ni iru yo itsudatte yonderu kara
Kutabireta riyuu ga kasanatte yureru toki
Umar ta imi wo shiru

</caps>


Really know? Karma by BUMP OF CHICKEN. XD
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: Vell on May 21, 2009, 07:53:19 pm
Dio. Level-Up! *remains standing in place doing nothing*
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: Blizzard on May 22, 2009, 04:41:54 am
Quote from: Diokatsu on May 21, 2009, 07:17:27 pm
I honestly like the idea, but the practal sense of my mind tells me that it's useless. A nice touch, but I still don't care about "Karma" no matter what the name is.


Karma as general concept is more or less useless so it doesn't change much.#

EDIT:

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8633/metafail.png)
Title: Re: Name for "Karma" has been changed
Post by: Vell on May 26, 2009, 06:43:24 am
btw what is a 'practal' sense of mind?