Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: Calintz on May 23, 2009, 10:22:13 pm

Title: [ANSWERED]Tile Translucency
Post by: Calintz on May 23, 2009, 10:22:13 pm
I have been wondering if any members here at CP might already know the exact opacity of the default translucency for all shadows of the game. I have the color, but I still need to determine the 'exact' amount of translucency to drop that shadow to, so that I may create matching pieces in the tilesets.

**Note
You all might be asking ... why in the world does he need to know this!? When you import a graphic, they allow you to choose the color, and the game will set the translucency for you!!  :???:

**Answer
The reason that this is important to "ME," is because I am constructing a whole RTP for my game, (WitW[Well in the Woods]) including custom tilesets and such. By directly transferring a file into the RTP directory, you lose the chance to add translucency to your tiles, because they become imported by default. For some reason lacking my knowledge ... The translucency of these files does not come with them ...

**I believe the opacity to be around 64 as that is the default setting of many of the event commands products.
That may even be the exact amount IDK. I was just wondering if somebody knew for sure. I'm simply looking for confirmation.
Title: Re: Tile Translucency
Post by: Blizzard on May 24, 2009, 06:10:20 am
Opacity is either 127 or 128.
Title: Re: Tile Translucency
Post by: Calintz on May 24, 2009, 06:21:54 am
Oh, oh wow ... I was way off, Lol.
Okay, thank you very much. My next guess then would be 128. They like to keep things divisible by 4, so ...
Title: Re: Tile Translucency
Post by: Blizzard on May 24, 2009, 06:50:48 am
True. But translucent is supposed to be half-through so 128 or 127 is the value. I'd rather say 128. It's not a big difference so you don't need ot bother about the exact value, nobody will notice it anyway.
Title: Re: Tile Translucency
Post by: Calintz on May 24, 2009, 06:54:06 am
I suppose you're right. One degree wouldn't come off noticeable.
Alrighty, thanks Blizzard.