Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Topic started by: Hellfire Dragon on June 05, 2009, 08:53:07 am

Title: Google Wave
Post by: Hellfire Dragon on June 05, 2009, 08:53:07 am
Google Wave Site (watch the vid) (http://wave.google.com)
So what does everyone think of it? I think it's pretty good, nice and handy, you can embed to your site and it's open source.

The vid is very long (about an hour and 20 minutes) but you should get most of it in the first half hour.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: fugibo on June 05, 2009, 09:13:58 am
This is that IM/E-Mail/Document Processor/Swiss Army Knife thing, isn't it?

You guys should read some tech news sites, this is the old "oooh, fancy Google stuff" thing. The new one is Google Squares, the Google search-gone-spreadsheet.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: Hellfire Dragon on June 05, 2009, 09:28:34 am
I haven't been online in ages, anyway it was put up last week.
Squared really isn't that big of a deal... I don't I'd ever really use it, maybe once or tqice to try it
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: Polk on March 22, 2010, 06:14:40 pm
I have tons of google wave invites if anyone is interested... message me your email.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: Jek on March 22, 2010, 06:36:08 pm
Looks interesting. So this runs in flash? If this thing transfers files and such, I hope I can use it for RM projects. Quickly sending files back and forth to get an rpg done.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: Polk on March 23, 2010, 12:28:17 am
Don't think it runs in flash. Google uses python, ajax, all js stuff.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: Ryex on March 23, 2010, 01:43:32 am
flash? not even close buddy. it's HTML and embedded java-script.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: Polk on March 23, 2010, 05:32:31 pm
Quote from: Professor Ryexander Elm on March 23, 2010, 01:43:32 am
flash? not even close buddy. it's HTML and embedded java-script.


That's right. server end jave-script - known as AJAX :)