Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: Spoofus on January 29, 2008, 09:51:19 pm

Title: [RESOLVED] DBS edit
Post by: Spoofus on January 29, 2008, 09:51:19 pm
hey i was wondering it was possible to do a DBS edit to look like the picture below

pic:
(http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g281/Spoofus/battlesetup.jpg)

(battlers are not animated just stationary)
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Nortos on January 30, 2008, 01:39:56 am
I don't think would be too hard I could probably do it but I'm busy atm with work, game, school, tkd and soccer so might be a while I'll start working on it soon unless anyone else replies
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Fantasist on January 30, 2008, 03:41:10 am
Sorry mate, I'm too busy for it. I *might* find time, but I can't promise anything. So I guess I can't do it.
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Spoofus on January 30, 2008, 07:51:03 am
hey it is all good  ;) i thought it would look good for reaching for the sky beyond game
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Calintz on January 30, 2008, 03:52:09 pm
You mean unanimated Deafult Battle System with like sideview battlers??
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Spoofus on January 30, 2008, 06:01:40 pm
yupir you got it....it is a DBS edit with just a few mods
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Calintz on January 30, 2008, 06:16:16 pm
So, there really in no real modification, just the appearance??
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Calintz on January 30, 2008, 06:22:12 pm
This needs to be moved to Script Requests...
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Spoofus on January 30, 2008, 06:25:56 pm
hmm you are right hehe  :-[
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Calintz on January 30, 2008, 06:32:05 pm
Well...I wish I could do this, but I'm not quite to that level yet...*sigh*
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Spoofus on January 30, 2008, 06:34:00 pm
i would of done it myself too but im a scripting tard  :(
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Spoofus on February 01, 2008, 01:45:29 pm
well i decided that the faces aren't really nessecary so those wont matter if they are in it or not.
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Calintz on February 01, 2008, 02:54:17 pm
Haha, that would probably have been the easiest thing to script!! 0.0
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Spoofus on February 01, 2008, 04:36:33 pm
lol really  ;D i found a side view battle script on rmxp.org but people never seems to respond when you ask for any help

it would be nice to use if it didn't have to require bar scripts here just look at the link
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=24608.0

it would be cool if someone somehow manage to alter to not require the bar scrpits
and look like the way i wanted it look like in the pic  ;)  ;)

lol
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Nortos on February 01, 2008, 07:56:20 pm
Wat about I just incluce Blizz's tons addons bars? Also are you using CRLS btw? and that photo only has 3 names is't only a 3 man cbs or you justy didn't make a 4th? And I'm going to include facesets it's pretty esy using BLT method
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Calintz on February 01, 2008, 08:14:09 pm
Truthfully, this doesn't seem hard, but I don't know exactly how to show the enemies statisticals in bars yet...I think I could get the statics alone, like the #'s and what not, but I don't know how to draw bars.
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Blizzard on February 01, 2008, 08:20:57 pm
Nortos meant that you simply use my bars. You can get them from Tons, jsut remove the little piece of code that check whether the add-on is turned on or off.
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Nortos on February 01, 2008, 08:24:42 pm
and of course credit would go to Blizz for bars :), also for the layout of the bars r the people using CRLS or not? And how many around is the max amount of enemies you'll fight?
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Calintz on February 01, 2008, 08:40:41 pm
Interesting.....
Maybe, just maybe I could give this a shot for fun after I finish up my CMS, regardless if someone else completes it first or not.
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Spoofus on February 01, 2008, 09:31:27 pm
oh the game just has 3 player characters..the cbs i am using for now has it where the battlser are the character sets and has them run up and attack with the weapons icons for the weapon that shows..and the enemies only take a step forward when attacking.
i thought that was neat but that is just me

the max amount enemies i want in a fight is 5 in a fight

if ya want i could upload what i got so far in the cbs
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Calintz on February 01, 2008, 09:32:16 pm
No, I've seen other ppl using similar systems...
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Spoofus on February 01, 2008, 09:34:53 pm
yeah actually alot of people use this script but i tried asking the creator of it but he never responds


does this look better for a battle back? (2 pics)
1:in a cave
(http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g281/Spoofus/untitled223233.jpg)

2:in a place lol
(http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g281/Spoofus/untitledaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg)
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Nortos on February 01, 2008, 10:09:25 pm
I'll have to change the viewport for the script to make the layout proper which means if you have the normal battlebacks they'll be strecthed or you could just use higher ones
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Spoofus on February 01, 2008, 10:17:38 pm
yeah..eh i'll manage the battlebacks that i know i can make lol


:EDIT:
this just hit is it possible to make it like chrono trigger?
where you run into the enemies and fight on the spot
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Fantasist on February 02, 2008, 01:32:59 am
*moves to script requests*
And best of luck Spoofus :)
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Spoofus on February 02, 2008, 01:40:04 am
tanks  ;)
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Nortos on February 02, 2008, 07:12:15 am
Here it's so far :) tell me if you like it or not (http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj304/Nortos7/CBSSpoofus.png)

Also I take it you wanted the actor command window and enemy status window visible when the party window is active?

Oh and can you please give me a link or send me a copy of that script it'll be easier if I use the existing enemy status stuff instead of finding it out on my own
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Spoofus on February 02, 2008, 07:21:42 am
of course..and btw it looks nice and i mean very nice..and i noticed that the hp and sp are in a weird order SP: like that hehe lol but other than that *drools*
                      HP:

in your pm yo..for a sneak peek for you eyes only it has the CBS im currently using and all so you can see.
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Nortos on February 02, 2008, 04:58:53 pm
EDIT:

Here it's the  finished version

(http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/619/cbsspoofusfighttf3.png) (http://imageshack.us)

(http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2484/cbsspoofusskillcb2.png) (http://imageshack.us)

I'll send the download to you in pm

Credits to me for script, and Seph for bars

Btw did you want this released to public or not?
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Calintz on February 02, 2008, 06:26:42 pm
Good stinking job Nortos!!
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Nortos on February 02, 2008, 07:26:53 pm
ty :) oh and I just realised spoofus a spelling error in pictures folder just open up pictures folder and change the end of name from _fc to _face otherwise you'll get a width error sorry and won't be able to find the picture
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Spoofus on February 03, 2008, 03:30:30 am
sorry it took long to reply but yeah go ahead and release it to the public

...and it is oh sooooo noice
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Blizzard on February 03, 2008, 06:28:52 am
Haha, you are using Seph's laggy bars.
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Fantasist on February 03, 2008, 10:08:14 am
QuoteGood stinking job Nortos!!
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Nortos on February 03, 2008, 04:51:02 pm
yeah I know wanted to use yours but wasn't too sure about the enemy bars
I'll probably change to yours and configure around with it later
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Calintz on February 03, 2008, 05:11:25 pm
Looking really good!!
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Nortos on February 05, 2008, 01:24:28 am
Sent you the animated version credits and instructions in script enjoy :)
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Spoofus on February 05, 2008, 12:16:39 pm
awsome it is great very nice work
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Fantasist on February 05, 2008, 12:38:36 pm
Animated Credits? Interesting Nortos :)
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Spoofus on February 05, 2008, 12:57:39 pm
he made the battle system basically dead on with what i had wanted it to be...i think he ment that the credits are in the script
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Fantasist on February 05, 2008, 01:02:50 pm
Oops! (hehehe)
Title: Re: DBS edit
Post by: Spoofus on February 05, 2008, 01:15:13 pm
lol i thought the same thing when i read it too