Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: Magus on July 05, 2009, 03:34:38 pm

Title: How many people have attempted to make a Boss in Abs?
Post by: Magus on July 05, 2009, 03:34:38 pm
I've tried. And I'm still trying.  It's not going to take long for me to catch on to designing a full fledge
boss battle.

The blizz abs is just the beginning :)   

What I'm trying to do:

1. The boss does his usual projectile shooting things.

2. You hit him.

3. he teleports somewhere

4. Maybe objects shower at you

5. After the shower, he comes back on the field.

6. The process starts again

7. When his health is low, he speeds up.

8.  And then his death

---------  yes. It seems complicated, not to everyone.  And now. I doubt it's impossible. (It's going to be pretty hard to make.)


Can I have some opinions on this? 


Title: Re: How many people have attempted to make a Boss in Abs?
Post by: Subsonic_Noise on July 05, 2009, 03:39:32 pm
I have a very complicated solution for this.
1. I made a eventpage for every action the boss can perform with switches for each page.
2. I put the actions in the "custom movements".
3. I had an parallel process event with lots of conditional branches to decide what the boss will do and flip the 
    switches for these actions.
4. I used Custom event triggers to trigger actions that happen when you hit the boss.

I hope this helps.

BTW, welcome to CP.
Title: Re: How many people have attempted to make a Boss in Abs?
Post by: Aqua on July 05, 2009, 03:40:32 pm
Have you tried using custem event triggers? :P
There are some that activate when an enemy is hit, so just all of those on the boss to make him teleport when hit, do some other cool skill, then teleport back.

Then use a parallel process to check the boss's HP and do the speed thing from there.

@Sub:
Enemies do actions the same way as the DBS (except smarter)
So in the Enemy tab in the DB, set up its actions there. XD
Title: Re: How many people have attempted to make a Boss in Abs?
Post by: Blizzard on July 05, 2009, 03:45:26 pm
Well, depends. They can do it exactly like in the DBS if you don't use the "Action" AI attribute. If you use it, they will be smarter and more dangerous.

@Nawm: As Aqua and Subsonic already said, making a boss like this is not only possible, it's even fairly easy.
Title: Re: How many people have attempted to make a Boss in Abs?
Post by: Subsonic_Noise on July 05, 2009, 03:47:22 pm
But sometimes they act very stupid^^
e.g. I have a fighter plane which is supposed to attack me from far away but it comes really close to me as if it uses a sword or whatever^^
Title: Re: How many people have attempted to make a Boss in Abs?
Post by: Magus on July 05, 2009, 03:49:46 pm
Thanks for the advice..

Sometimes when I use the "Common events"  they refuse to activate and so on.

But the switch idea inside "custom movements".. I haven't thought of that.  *facepalms*