Adobe Flash is definetly not my thing :<_<: Thats why a few things in there is messed up because I didnt know how to work with adobe flash. But I'll get the hang of it. Anyways here it is
Its terrible but here
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/502755
Hey G_G,
I already posted review, 8 out of 10, really Lolled at it =D :^_^':
I think it's good for a first flash, but improve the scene where Link rescued the princess, that one didn't look alright.
(Well, it's better than my first Flash, which was 5 seconds long and involved a badly drawn Ganon running over Link on a motorcycle after he picked up the master sword o.O)
Flash should die a horrible death. A horrible, horrible death. As should Java, the CLR, and Dalvik.
On the other hand, if someone could make a chip to accelerate bytecode translation to near-native speed, I'd be happy to laugh at your continuously looping video (which needs some centering on the text, btw -- and would it be possible to use something besides TNR?)
aww, it was blammed before i could see it :(
what exactly does blam mean?
It didn't get a good enough rating to view ratio, or something like that
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8540r1
heres a download for anybody who wants to see it
Yeah, in Newgrounds, all flash get an approval rating by the members before it gets accepted into the database. Your flash wasn't good enough to get through. :S
I'll download it later, but I feel like I'm not so busy. x_x
My flash did not make it :(
I did however get a few good comments :)
"L_O_L"
by: dylanf3
date: 11 hours ago
I really lolled at this :D
Gets an 8 out of 10 cuzza humor :D
Make more of these simple but funny movies :D
Score: 4
"a little too short"
"a little too short"
by: taragaram2
date: 11 hours ago
everything was pretty nice but somwtimes the song stops for a while then continues, and it's too short... it barely passes to me.
Score: 10
"this is pretty good"
"this is pretty good"
by: me23
date: 11 hours ago
this is actually great for a first flash my first flash was lame but im glad your trying to not be one of the mindless commenters who never submit anything.
Score: 5
"Not bad for your first."
"Not bad for your first."
by: Tigen
date: 11 hours ago
List of good and bad:
GOOD:
+Humor
+Voice was appropriate
+Many can relate and understand (summary of Zelda game)
BAD:
-No background
-Graphics quality could be better
-Placement of sprite character could be better
THE VERDICT:
Okay for you first, but there is room for improvement. In this flash, I would suggest inserting backgrounds from the game and making sure characters do not get placed behind words (makes it harder to read lyrics and see character).
Score: 6
"Great for your first flash movie"
"Great for your first flash movie"
by: M0TTO
date: 10 hours ago
This was pretty good, especially for your first flash. Keep making flashes, and work on the looping problem.
Score: 7
"It was good"
"It was good"
by: No08PwN3R1337
date: 10 hours ago
It was a very good first attempt! Next, you should try animating the sprites, it can be hard, but practice makes perfect!
Also, try using a background for your flash, as a blank one is quite boring, but you probably knew that...
Anyway, keep working on your skills! You are already better than half the people here, because you put effort and thought into it!
Score: 6
"hmm haha"
"hmm haha"
by: mrslovett
date: 10 hours ago
it may not have been the greatest use of flash lol
but i liked it xD
pretty catchy cute ;D
I am not going to lie to you... it wasn't good in my opinion, for a flash. Way too dull. And I didnt see any humor in it o.O
Quote from: Longfellow on July 09, 2009, 03:08:09 pm
Flash should die a horrible death. A horrible, horrible death. As should Java, the CLR, and Dalvik.
On the other hand, if someone could make a chip to accelerate bytecode translation to near-native speed, I'd be happy to laugh at your continuously looping video (which needs some centering on the text, btw -- and would it be possible to use something besides TNR?)
Portability fail.
I'd rather say that people who think that Flash and HTML are programming languages should die.
@G_G: Where do I start it?
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8540r1 theres the download thing, watch in in a flash player or an internet browser. Newgrounds killed the one i uploaded there :(
If you want I'll upload it to youtube
Quote from: Blizzard on July 10, 2009, 04:18:06 am
Quote from: Longfellow on July 09, 2009, 03:08:09 pm
Flash should die a horrible death. A horrible, horrible death. As should Java, the CLR, and Dalvik.
On the other hand, if someone could make a chip to accelerate bytecode translation to near-native speed, I'd be happy to laugh at your continuously looping video (which needs some centering on the text, btw -- and would it be possible to use something besides TNR?)
Portability fail.
I'd rather say that people who think that Flash and HTML are programming languages should die.
@G_G: Where do I start it?
So leik, I'm on mah school's trivia-bowl team. And leik, every time the word "prgramming language" is in a question, the immediate answeer is "ZOMG noWAI HTML!!!!1111onene21111" Even though I've told them a thousand times that you should NEVER guess HTML for ANYTHING, they still say it. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
At least someone said C++ one time. They were horribly wrong, but at least it wasn't HTML.
@G_G: Youtube would be fine, yes. #_#
Adobe flash exports avi's like shit >_>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W7cjMZDkPE there it is
http://www.youtube.com/v/_W7cjMZDkPE
Ah...
Some suggestions would to actually have more animation or Flash exclusive items. The only real thing that seemed flash like was the moving of a few objects, such as Zelda getting kidnapped or Link throwing his sword. You need more of those smooth items, or else it can simply look like a slideshow made on Paint.
It's better than a lot of the crap on Newgrounds that get blammed, but it still needs some work.
You can make a slide show on paint!?
No, no. xD
I mean, you make images on Paint, save them, then import on Windows Movie Maker and consider 'that' a 'Youtube video'. It happens all the time in Youtube. <_<
if I used paint it would have been better than this. I've been wantint to try out flash though for awhile now
I made a flash video like 5 years ago. It got blamed as well xD... was about a happy elf that gets owned by a ninja. Actually had animations and stuff... not what Kirby describe :P.
I remember I cried when I saw the 'Blamed' thing come up. All that 3 hours of hard work gone to waste.