well, this script is to advanced for me i guess i just cant get it right.. i will be requesting it though, if anyone thinks it sounds like fun. i guess i may just start with CMS lol. oh well..
You can just do @psize = 1 since it'll be 1-man
aight, thanks
Just don't include any of that stuff. I put that in there so that I could keep track of the party size, in order to check through each memberss HP and SP and display them at once. That is only needed if you switch between party members but want to display all their information at once on screen.
And what might be an easier reference, since you are making a one man HUD, is the default HUD code. It can be found in Blizz-ABS 2.55 part 3 lines 5166 to 6067. I'd recommend copying and pasting those lines into a new script, and starting from that, because it lags less, is neater, and is also much better suited to a one-man HUD than the one I made.
oh ok. ya thats a better idea (wish i didnt have to start over but oh well, it was only like 55 lines). thanks winkio
EDIT: what line does the hud start on? lol sorry ive been looking for it but i cant find it :P
No double posting within 24 hours - winkio
Quote from: winkio on July 11, 2009, 04:15:05 pm
It can be found in Blizz-ABS 2.55 part 3 lines 5166 to 6067.
thanks....again lol :^_^':
EDIT: yay new problem! :<_<:
Ive made a pic for the top hud where hp and stuff goes. where would i insert the picture call in the script? now im using the lagless hud off Blizz-ABS as a reference.
No double posting within 24 hours, just edit your last post - winkio
Adding pictures is slightly complicated, if you don't want lag. You need to create a new class, such as HUD_BG, or something, and display them there. This is because the contents on top of the picture are constantly updating, and if you don't separate them, you will erase your picture as things like your gold change.
would it really? like if i just displayed some thing like the hud display in KH2 that shows a pic, health, etc?
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eqqptu&s=5
yes. I don't know how familiar you are with graphics, but it's like they are all on the same layer. To actually put them in different layers, they have to be in different objects.
aw crap. oh well, im guessing u cant script an identical window either?
If you want to see how to put background pictures in, you can look at Landith's HUD:
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=3691.0 (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=3691.0)
this one is for a party though, so I would just look at how the pictures are displayed.
thanks for all ur help man. but i redisigned what i want it to look like and i like the way i hav it now more. all i need to use is a face pic and bars and stuff. ill draw a basic idea of what i want it to look like with paint. ill post the pic here to see if its all possible k?
EDIT: Ok here is what i want it to look like. its kinda rough but its looks pretty good as far as visuals and stuff like that.
http://s786.photobucket.com/albums/yy149/XXXArchXAngelXXX/?action=view¤t=HudDesign.jpg
Oh, looks nice for a design mockup. :) I can't wait to see how it turns out in the end.
me neither :w00t:
so it would work right?
Sure. It's even possible to make a HUD like this:
(http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2969/snap645.th.png) (http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2969/snap645.png)
jesssss!!! so excited 8)
Yeah, as Blizz said, you can do pretty much anything. Once I get through some of the work that has been piling up on me, I'll help you with it, if you need.
aight sweet. but would it cause a lot of lag?
not if its done right. If its done right, there will be no extra lag :)
sweetness :evil:
I'll start working on making the base classes for you. I'm just going to give you the framework, because it can be hard if you've never done it before. But you will have to make the HUD yourself ;). I'll help you, but I won't do it for you.
ya i would rather make it on my own more than questions and answers. thanks i appreciate it