Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Topic started by: G_G on July 19, 2009, 11:47:43 pm

Title: Best Video Editing Software?
Post by: G_G on July 19, 2009, 11:47:43 pm
Okay whether its free or cost money (preferably free) pust a few video editing software that you thinks the best. I have two on my compute rnow.

Camtasia Studio 6
Vegas Pro 9 (trial)

I have a few videos that need heavy editing and I would like to know which one(s) I should use. So help please?!? :)
Title: Re: Best Video Editing Software?
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on July 20, 2009, 12:19:24 am
Video Editing as in...Actual editing of video to make special effects and of the like...?

Or just transitioning, picture-in-picture, stuff like that?

I would recommend Sony Vegas, but for screen-recorded achievements, try Camtasia.

Windows Movie Maker is good at times, but if you have the other two programs and know how to use it, they blow that program out of the water. WMM is the best free program of movie editing software.
Title: Re: Best Video Editing Software?
Post by: G_G on July 20, 2009, 12:22:22 am
I meant actual video editing to add special effects. Me and a few friends made some videos on halo 3 and want to add some funny stuff, cool stuff, explosions that just appear.

I'm still trying to understand Vegas, I'm okay with camtasia. I really dont know how to use either of them. >_> lol
Title: Re: Best Video Editing Software?
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on July 20, 2009, 01:46:38 am
Then it's definitely got to be Vegas, or something from Adobe.


...Actually...the best video editing software's on the Mac (At least what I learned in Middle School). Sorry Windows users!
Title: Re: Best Video Editing Software?
Post by: G_G on July 20, 2009, 01:49:10 am
So which adobe product than if I may ask do you think I should try?
Title: Re: Best Video Editing Software?
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on July 20, 2009, 01:52:30 am
Googling yields me this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Premiere_Pro), Adobe Premiere Pro.
Title: Re: Best Video Editing Software?
Post by: impulszero on July 20, 2009, 03:44:59 am
try Ulead Video Studio
official site: ShowHide
www.ulead.com

try this stuff in full pack, it can do some serious things.
i didt get anything newer asince UVS 8, but i think that UVS 11 is just fine as well :)
Title: Re: Best Video Editing Software?
Post by: Subsonic_Noise on July 20, 2009, 05:11:41 am
Adobe After Effects is some professional shit. Afaik it can do nearly everything related to special effects.
Title: Re: Best Video Editing Software?
Post by: G_G on July 20, 2009, 09:42:37 am
NONE OF THESE ARE FREE D:

XD lol thank you torrents er no I mean thank you 5000 dollars I have on that debit card
Title: Re: Best Video Editing Software?
Post by: Subsonic_Noise on July 20, 2009, 09:50:22 am
Quote from: game_guy on July 20, 2009, 09:42:37 am
NONE OF THESE ARE FREE D:

XD lol thank you torrents er no I mean thank you 5000 dollars I have on that debit card

It's better not to download buy that big programs via torrent legally. If possible, download the demo and then get a crack pay for a serial number.
Title: Re: Best Video Editing Software?
Post by: G_G on July 20, 2009, 10:23:16 am
Thats what I always do ^_^

Currently I am trying

Corel VideoStudio 12

Umm Impuslzero I cant find the trial to UVS (Ulead Video Studio) anywhere. I see patches and updates for the program but no trial or download at all.

EDIT: Impulse I just now realized it xD
Title: Re: Best Video Editing Software?
Post by: fugibo on July 20, 2009, 09:00:42 pm
I'm not too experienced in the area, but I know for certain that the _real_ pros (as in, Hollywood-level guys) use custom software and some of the extremely advanced open-source stuff. Not because it's inherently better or easier to use, but because it can do _everything_ if you have enough experience -- which they do.

Disney, for instance, uses a completely custom-written Linux stack for all its work.
Title: Re: Best Video Editing Software?
Post by: omegapirate2000 on July 23, 2009, 08:13:36 pm
I use adobe premiere personally.