Ok so for...whatever reason I was test playing my game (in XP) and I go to save and I get the following error message "Script 'Window_SaveFile' line 30: EOFError occurred. End of file reached."
I have gone through and removed every addon script and I still get the same error, I'm almost positive that I haven't touched anything to do with the save system at all. Can anyone shed light on this?
You could try replacing your script with the default one, in case it might have gotten changed:
#==============================================================================
# ** Window_SaveFile
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# This window displays save files on the save and load screens.
#==============================================================================
class Window_SaveFile < Window_Base
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Public Instance Variables
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
attr_reader :filename # file name
attr_reader :selected # selected
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Object Initialization
# file_index : save file index (0-3)
# filename : file name
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
def initialize(file_index, filename)
super(0, 64 + file_index % 4 * 104, 640, 104)
self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, height - 32)
@file_index = file_index
@filename = "Save#{@file_index + 1}.rxdata"
@time_stamp = Time.at(0)
@file_exist = FileTest.exist?(@filename)
if @file_exist
file = File.open(@filename, "r")
@time_stamp = file.mtime
@characters = Marshal.load(file)
@frame_count = Marshal.load(file)
@game_system = Marshal.load(file)
@game_switches = Marshal.load(file)
@game_variables = Marshal.load(file)
@total_sec = @frame_count / Graphics.frame_rate
file.close
end
refresh
@selected = false
end
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Refresh
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
def refresh
self.contents.clear
# Draw file number
self.contents.font.color = normal_color
name = "File#{@file_index + 1}"
self.contents.draw_text(4, 0, 600, 32, name)
@name_width = contents.text_size(name).width
# If save file exists
if @file_exist
# Draw character
for i in 0...@characters.size
bitmap = RPG::Cache.character(@characters[i][0], @characters[i][1])
cw = bitmap.rect.width / 4
ch = bitmap.rect.height / 4
src_rect = Rect.new(0, 0, cw, ch)
x = 300 - @characters.size * 32 + i * 64 - cw / 2
self.contents.blt(x, 68 - ch, bitmap, src_rect)
end
# Draw play time
hour = @total_sec / 60 / 60
min = @total_sec / 60 % 60
sec = @total_sec % 60
time_string = sprintf("%02d:%02d:%02d", hour, min, sec)
self.contents.font.color = normal_color
self.contents.draw_text(4, 8, 600, 32, time_string, 2)
# Draw timestamp
self.contents.font.color = normal_color
time_string = @time_stamp.strftime("%Y/%m/%d %H:%M")
self.contents.draw_text(4, 40, 600, 32, time_string, 2)
end
end
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Set Selected
# selected : new selected (true = selected, false = unselected)
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
def selected=(selected)
@selected = selected
update_cursor_rect
end
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Cursor Rectangle Update
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
def update_cursor_rect
if @selected
self.cursor_rect.set(0, 0, @name_width + 8, 32)
else
self.cursor_rect.empty
end
end
end
An EOF error usually means that your file is incomplete.
Nope, same exact error. *grumbles*
Sorry for being stupid, it's with the savegames, not the script. If you have any savegames (they will be named Save1.rxdat, Save2.rxdata, etc.) in your game folder, delete those. They may have been corrupted by loading with a different set of scripts.
Yes that fixed it, I'm not sure why I didn't think to check that, thank you.
When they say "Will corrupt old save games," THIS is what they mean.
Kinda curious that saving is getting an EOFError, though 0_o
Well, if it's looking for more variables that are on more lines, it would be going next line over and over. If there aren't enough variables, the file isn't long enough, so there is no next line. end of file.