Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Topic started by: G_G on July 27, 2009, 06:22:02 pm

Title: Java Install Help Please
Post by: G_G on July 27, 2009, 06:22:02 pm
Okay so a few programs I tried to install needed java. As well as a few irc's I've visited. Usually my computer installs it when I wipe my hd but it didnt come with the cd I guess.

Anyways I tried installing it and I get this error

Error 26011: Unpacking rt failed

I tried googling it to see if I could fix it and the page wont load. So I tried 4 more search engines and it still didnt load. So I think the install messed something up. Please help!

(Computers hate me for some odd reason)
Title: Re: Java Install Help Please
Post by: fugibo on July 27, 2009, 06:49:26 pm
More info please? And what "Java" are you installing, exactly?
Title: Re: Java Install Help Please
Post by: G_G on July 27, 2009, 06:55:22 pm
this one
the one that says offline for windows

http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp?locale=en&host=java.com:80

the irc's and programs led me to that page when it said you need to install java.

And more info like I was installing java, that error popped up, thats exactly what it said. So then it closed. I tried googling the error but the page wouldnt load at all. Same with a few other search engines. It does the same thing in firefox, and internet explorer.

I found this error on java while browsing the site help
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_26011.xml

The solution doesnt make sense because I have more then 100mb of free space
Title: Re: Java Install Help Please
Post by: fugibo on July 27, 2009, 07:40:35 pm
Firstly, why are you installing for Internet Explorer...?

Secondly, looks like... er... Windows is insane? Iunno. Uninstall everything related to the error and try again?
Title: Re: Java Install Help Please
Post by: G_G on July 27, 2009, 07:47:53 pm
I never said I was trying to install it for i.e. I said I was trying to get a search engine to work on i.e.

And I dont have more then 15 programs installed. All of them were installed before I installed java.
Title: Re: Java Install Help Please
Post by: Blizzard on July 28, 2009, 03:46:40 am
Download from somewhere else, don't use that mirror. It looks to me as if the file is damaged.