This I imagine is a really easy thing to do.
I just want a script that will hide skills from the menu, and in battle.
What for?
You know, for skills like 'STR + 20%'... or 'GP + 50%'.
Or other things of that nature.
Skills that just dont impact the player in knowing that they are there or not.
Hopefully its not horrendously difficult.
This will work with the default skill window, both in menu and battle.
In Window_Skill, look for "def refresh". There, look for the following:
for i in 0...@actor.skills.size
skill = $data_skills[@actor.skills[i]]
if skill != nil
@data.push(skill)
end
end
Now, look for this line:
for i in 0...@actor.skills.size
and add this line immediately after:
next if HIDDEN_SKILLS.include?(i)
Then, add this line just below "class Window_Skill":
Add the skill IDs to HIDDEN_SKILLS that you don't want to display.
Err, maybe I'm failing to understand the exact location of these inserts...but it doesn't seem to werk.
Wuld that new 'asan'tear battle system' interfere with these scriptlets?
Or you can use ToA (Tons of addon) and use a combination of Skill separator and passive skills.
Quote from: jragyn00 on August 02, 2009, 07:07:42 pm
Err, maybe I'm failing to understand the exact location of these inserts...but it doesn't seem to werk.
Wuld that new 'asan'tear battle system' interfere with these scriptlets?
It shouldn't if you put the edits in the default Window_Skill's refresh method the changes should apply to the new interface