Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: Ryex on February 02, 2008, 09:28:53 pm

Title: Changing the Game icon
Post by: Ryex on February 02, 2008, 09:28:53 pm
I seem to have seen this some where but can't find it again any help?

in case you need clairafacation i mean like Blizz Did with Chaos Project
Title: Re: Changing the Game icon
Post by: Calintz on February 02, 2008, 10:00:36 pm
I can't help you, but I have been wondering about this feature myself...
Well, I know how to change it, but I don't know how to make my own icon for it.
Title: Re: Changing the Game icon
Post by: Sally on February 02, 2008, 11:19:36 pm
lol open paint 33 by 33 :P and make it! ur a sprite artist shouldent be too hard :P
Title: Re: Changing the Game icon
Post by: Ryex on February 03, 2008, 12:29:19 am
well acualy it is not that simply i dont think Paint want write in .ico format (windows Icon)

I can make my own Icon I just dont knoe how to chand the files from using the weal Icon to mine
Title: Re: Changing the Game icon
Post by: Calintz on February 03, 2008, 04:18:00 am
Can't I just put .ico after naming it to save it as that file manually!!??
Title: Re: Changing the Game icon
Post by: Blizzard on February 03, 2008, 06:37:40 am
You can create .ico files with Microangelo. Google for ResHack to open the Game.exe and replace the existing .ico resource file with yours when you're done.

In fact normal icons are the same as png. .ico > .png, though. .ico files can be icon libraries that have more than one icon (which is actually the case with the icon in the Game.exe).
Title: Re: Changing the Game icon
Post by: Ryex on February 03, 2008, 09:21:17 am
hmmm...

...

OH thank you blizz
Title: Re: Changing the Game icon
Post by: Fantasist on February 03, 2008, 10:10:59 am
Microangelo, should try that one sometime. I use Irfanview to make/view/rip icons.