Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: Jensen on August 04, 2009, 03:01:23 pm

Title: [XP] Paus when Message
Post by: Jensen on August 04, 2009, 03:01:23 pm
Hi all!

I´ve got a real simple request. Currently using Blizz ABS in my game. I was thinking it would
be nice to be able to paus the entire game (pref. via a script call) when a messagebox is
showing. Just like the game pauses when you´re entering the menu.

Not sure how big of request this is, but as stated it´s probably just some simple
lines. Am I right?

thanks

EDIT: for RPG Maker XP
Title: Re: [XP] Paus when Message
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on August 04, 2009, 04:06:53 pm
Have you tried searching the Database?

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=3613.0
Title: Re: [XP] Paus when Message
Post by: Subsonic_Noise on August 04, 2009, 04:31:41 pm
i don't think that's exactly what he requested. He wanted the game to stop when a message box comes up, so the enemies can't come and kill you while you read a dialogue (like they always do in BlizzABS^^)
Title: Re: [XP] Paus when Message
Post by: G_G on August 04, 2009, 04:41:33 pm
I dont think they try to kill you when a message is active
Title: Re: [XP] Paus when Message
Post by: fugibo on August 04, 2009, 04:46:57 pm
Quote from: game_guy on August 04, 2009, 04:41:33 pm
I dont think they try to kill you when a message is active


Stop thinking and start opening the RGSS player, then.
Title: Re: [XP] Paus when Message
Post by: Subsonic_Noise on August 04, 2009, 04:53:53 pm
Quote from: game_guy on August 04, 2009, 04:41:33 pm
I dont think they try to kill you when a message is active

They do. It even sometimes happens that when I speak to someone in my game that they just walk through impassable tiles and start to attack me. They don't do that anymore because I solved the incompatibility issues, but they still can attack me when a msg box is opened.
Title: Re: [XP] Paus when Message
Post by: Jensen on August 04, 2009, 05:11:11 pm
That´s right!

I don´t want the enemies come killing the player when there´s a dialogue going on. I don´t even want them
to move around (for that I guess I could just deactivate the ABS?). Just want the game to freeze, just like
when you open up the first menu (when using Blizz ABS, you know where you can select hotkeys and AI-
behavior).

Thanks for your effort Starrodkirby86, but as Subsonic said; that´s not what I need!

EDIT: Even though I could miss things, I always search before requesting.

Title: Re: [XP] Paus when Message
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on August 04, 2009, 08:24:13 pm
Ah! It's more of a problem with me being unsure of the specifics within each script. I only look at the basic premise of it, after all.

...Hm...Curses. If only RMXP had RM2k's feature of allowing events to move or not. I shouldn't see the difficulty in how this script can be implemented as all you need to do is pretty much move the 'map freezing' script commands (More like copypasta it) right before the message box launch script commands.
Title: Re: [XP] Paus when Message
Post by: Kagutsuchi on August 08, 2009, 02:39:03 pm
For me they just cluster up around me, can't hit me or anything.

But then again, it is like 50 versions of blizz abs ago that I was in that kind of situation..
New method for measuring time, Versions of Babs Ago..