Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: Spoofus on February 03, 2008, 10:52:28 pm

Title: [RESOLVED] Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 03, 2008, 10:52:28 pm
yes i know...i hate to ask this but is there a way for anyone to do this menu layout?

pic:
(http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g281/Spoofus/MENUforREACHING.jpg)

it is nothing to drastic i think?
items, equip, skill, etc. will be default the only thing is the main layout of it
so i hope it wont be to hard.
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Calintz on February 03, 2008, 11:07:41 pm
What goes in the blank area??
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 03, 2008, 11:11:15 pm
oh that huge balnk area is nothing lol :D
i forgot to mention that it appears in like the bottom right of the screen
and uses the map as a background
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Calintz on February 03, 2008, 11:26:09 pm
Uses the map** << that is what I meant...
Well, all I can do is the organization, because I don't yet know the syntax that will take the screenshots
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 03, 2008, 11:39:17 pm
thats fine
i was thinking like how blizz does the map as menu back for his stormtronics menu however he does it lol...
but yeah whatever you can do is fine by me :)
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Nortos on February 03, 2008, 11:52:31 pm
I can do it if want after I do the other script request atm, that is unless Calintz isn't doing it
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 03, 2008, 11:53:40 pm
hey it is up to you if you want to or not...im still impressed about the  battle system you did for me

it makes the game look alot better
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Nortos on February 03, 2008, 11:56:00 pm
<3 visual enhancements :) I'll leave it for Calintz for now unless he needs help or asks me to do it because it's a good feeling when you finish your first script request
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 03, 2008, 11:57:40 pm
wow nice of ya hehe....
im sure it does feeel good to do a first request...when i get better at scripting i might tackle some request here and there lol
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Calintz on February 04, 2008, 12:03:25 am
No no no, I insist...Go for it Nortos...
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 04, 2008, 12:04:38 am
wow a forum of nice people can get epic in deciding who does what lol
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Nortos on February 04, 2008, 12:05:38 am
do you want the windows animated spoofus btw?
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 04, 2008, 12:07:06 am
you decide which you would prefer to see from a players stand point
if your scripting i'll let you call the shots on  that one
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Nortos on February 04, 2008, 12:09:31 am
k it's pretty easy and I can add icons to next to the commands oh and I take it facesets instead of charsets or not?
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 04, 2008, 12:10:17 am
yeah do face sets...but yeah whatever you think is good i'll agree with
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Nortos on February 04, 2008, 01:30:47 am
Here's the layout so far still need to edit the actual status window and edit a litle bit and an error where you can't exit the menu O.o lol but I can fix it all easy but got to go out soon sorry
(http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/285/spoofuscmsfa0.png) (http://imageshack.us)

but anyway is the layout all correct? Btw the windows all animate fine I've tested them
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 04, 2008, 01:32:53 am
nice i like it...can you make the face a bit more to the left? it covers up the lv. and exp. in the pic...but still noice
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Nortos on February 04, 2008, 01:36:58 am
Fixed problem that I said above all that's left is to do the battle status btw I was gonna do each new actor along the x axis not y axis like on your dummy pic
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 04, 2008, 01:37:53 am
oh nice then excellent work you is the man!!!

*powers you up*

btw like my new avatar and sig?
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Nortos on February 04, 2008, 01:42:14 am
lol it's nice and ty :)
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 04, 2008, 01:51:20 am
well hey you are going out of your way to help me out with nice excellent fast results which is good the least i can unless you can think of other ways of me helping you out.
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Nortos on February 04, 2008, 02:02:48 am
I'm having trouble with bars with the status as it seems like to small an area to fit it in the width 3 actors I'm not sure what I'll do maybe could I push the money and time up so they're above the actors? anyway I can't do any more now i got Tai Kwon Do I'll do some tommorow night
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 04, 2008, 02:05:09 am
thats cool do what you need too..and noice you do tai kwon do...i did shaolin and muyo thai
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Fantasist on February 04, 2008, 10:01:45 am
Nortos, you're getting quite good, keep it up :D

Spoofus, I promise yet again that I WILL get the PSOCMS done!
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Nortos on February 04, 2008, 04:58:00 pm
I finished it and sent you the download here's an image enjoy :) (http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6541/beyondcmsxu7.png) (http://imageshack.us)
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 04, 2008, 08:03:47 pm
noice it is great thanks :D
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Nortos on February 04, 2008, 11:45:48 pm
ty and your welcome :)
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Nortos on February 06, 2008, 12:59:56 am
k here's new version I put icons on left of text and fixed up that cursor also fixed the status select ect and it's on the x axis here's a pic and I sent you the download
(http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9848/beyondcmsyr2.png) (http://imageshack.us)
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Blizzard on February 06, 2008, 07:34:20 am
Fix the EXP bar. xD
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 06, 2008, 08:00:46 am
eh doesnt bother me to much lol im happy as it is cause im a simply person lol
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Nortos on February 06, 2008, 04:44:47 pm
it's seph stupid bars I tried with yours Blizz and looked good :) but using sephs bars for the enemy health bars in his cbs, here's what it's like with blizzys bars :P
(http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8407/cmsbeyondqz2.png) (http://imageshack.us)
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 06, 2008, 04:54:08 pm
wow that does look better
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Nortos on February 06, 2008, 04:55:30 pm
if you want I could try and shorten Sephs bars or maybe Blizz could just make an enemy health bar script with his bars :P *hopeful*
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 06, 2008, 05:04:17 pm
*prays to Blizz for enemy health bar script* lol
the only bar that is off really is the exp the hp and sp ones are fine
but eh, I'm not to concerned about it now im just happy that the menu and battle system works very good
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Blizzard on February 06, 2008, 05:09:39 pm
Just change the call of the method draw_actor_exp(ACTOR, X, Y, W). It's pretty easy, increase the X value and add the W value. Set it to the same as the HP drawing method.
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 06, 2008, 05:23:42 pm
lol i just tried my hand at it but it gives me a syntax error
here is the code that is not altered.. ??? confuses me but hey i tried my hand at it

Spoiler: ShowHide
alias raz_bars_base_exp draw_actor_exp  
  def draw_actor_exp(actor, x, y)
    if actor.level == 99
      draw_slant_bar(x, y + 18, 1, 1, 190, 6, bar_color = Color.new(0, 100, 0, 255), end_color = Color.new(0, 255, 0, 255))
    else
      draw_slant_bar(x, y + 18, actor.now_exp, actor.next_exp, 190, 6, bar_color = Color.new(0, 100, 0, 255), end_color = Color.new(255, 255, 255, 255))
    end
    raz_bars_base_exp(actor, x, y)
  end
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Blizzard on February 06, 2008, 05:40:27 pm
I suggest that you use my bar code in this case.
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 06, 2008, 05:41:58 pm
yeah..i'll see what i can do :)

edit:
well i tried to copy the code you had in tons to see if it would work but it makes the
exp disappear lol i got a pic to prove it hehehe..but hey you cant learn with out failing first right?
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g281/Spoofus/untitled-1.jpg)
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Nortos on February 10, 2008, 03:29:43 am
I'll try and have a look at it and wow that looks good with the windowskin and the vx style
EDIT:
Ok it was easy go to line 115 of Sephs health ect bars and change the draw exp stuff to this

  
alias raz_bars_base_exp draw_actor_exp 
  def draw_actor_exp(actor, x, y, width = 144)
    if actor.level == 99
      draw_slant_bar(x, y + 18, 1, 1, 144, 6, bar_color = Color.new(0, 100, 0, 255), end_color = Color.new(0, 255, 0, 255))
    else
      draw_slant_bar(x, y + 18, actor.now_exp, actor.next_exp, 144, 6, bar_color = Color.new(0, 100, 0, 255), end_color = Color.new(255, 255, 255, 255))
    end
    raz_bars_base_exp(actor, x, y)
  end


also in the menu you'll want to change the .x's of menu status go to line 141 of menu I made for you and change the menu status of exp ect to this

      draw_actor_exp(actor, x + 60, y + 30)
      draw_actor_hp(actor, x + 60, y-10)
      draw_actor_sp(actor, x + 60, y+10)
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Sally on February 10, 2008, 07:41:04 am
wowz that looks cool!!!
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 12, 2008, 10:44:56 am
awome Nortos it looks alot better now..again you is te man
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Nortos on February 12, 2008, 04:47:00 pm
it's cool and I'm glad you like it :)
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Valcos on February 17, 2008, 01:49:28 pm
I really like that menu...you think you will share it with me ;D?
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Nortos on February 17, 2008, 04:52:33 pm
I'll post it here if Spoofus says it's ok, and it's also only a 3 man menu btw incase didn't know
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Valcos on February 17, 2008, 10:55:09 pm
Sweet ;D That would be great!
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 19, 2008, 01:28:01 pm
i don't mind if you post it up Nortos please feel free to..i mean heck you made my creation come to life with your mad skills :D..you can post the battle system you did for me to
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Valcos on February 19, 2008, 07:04:56 pm
 ;D Sweet Deal! If I use it is it Nortos credit? :P
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Spoofus on February 19, 2008, 08:27:42 pm
yreah he did the scripting i only made up the layout look for it
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Valcos on February 19, 2008, 09:10:45 pm
Oh :P. Alright just wanted to make sure 8).
Title: Re: Menu for reaching for the sky beyond
Post by: Nortos on February 20, 2008, 12:21:54 am
Here it's than Valcos :) http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=505.msg7251#msg7251 (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=505.msg7251#msg7251)