Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: Xelias on August 19, 2009, 02:35:05 am

Title: Doublecast Script [CANCELLED]
Post by: Xelias on August 19, 2009, 02:35:05 am
My first request...

Name : Doublecast/Triplecast script

Category : Battle System / Skill Add-On

Description : It would be a script that allows a "Doublecast" skill to cast two spells in a turn. I would like Doublecast to work only on spells that rely on Intelligence (spells disabled by Silence status). And could you make also a "Triplecast" spell (3 spells in a turn)

Compatible with : Blizzard's Tons of Add-Ons, RTAB v1.16

For : RMXP

Please ?
Title: Re: Doublecast Script
Post by: Ryex on August 19, 2009, 03:42:19 am
so you ust the double cast skill and the next turn you can cast two spells?
Title: Re: Doublecast Script
Post by: Xelias on August 19, 2009, 08:05:03 am
Not really, you cast it the same turn, there is no other delay.
Title: Re: Doublecast Script
Post by: Jackolas on August 19, 2009, 10:03:51 am
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=164.0

and read trick 4
Title: Re: Doublecast Script
Post by: Xelias on August 19, 2009, 11:05:50 am
Thank you but I don't think it would help me... Or rather yes, but not for Doublecast. Plus, I already have a script allowing to do Trick 4 without eventing.
I want something that would allow me to cast 2 spells in a row, not to chain skills... Because you cannot select the Skill that would be chained in-game. No, I have already thought about eventing... Epic Fail.
Title: Re: Doublecast Script
Post by: G_G on August 19, 2009, 11:22:11 am
Instead of using two different skills, use the same so no eventing != epic fail

though this would be handy I might make it maybe

EDIT: I dont need to make it, Tons of Add ons has multi hit, for weapons, skills, items, and enemies.
Title: Re: Doublecast Script
Post by: Cid on August 19, 2009, 04:25:21 pm
If he's after the kind of doublecast found in the likes of FFV and Tactics, then that isn't really how it works. I'm guessing he wants a skill called "Doublecast" which leads to a new menu where you manually select the two spells and their targets. Not just a skill that hits twice.
Title: Re: Doublecast Script
Post by: Xelias on August 20, 2009, 12:41:35 am
@Cid : Final Fantasy player ! Yes you understand. It's that (I suck at explaining what I want )
Two selected spells in a row.
Title: Re: Doublecast Script
Post by: Blizzard on August 20, 2009, 03:38:46 am
That script is a bit complicated because the default action system doesn't allow to store 2 actions in one turn.
Title: Re: Doublecast Script
Post by: Xelias on August 20, 2009, 03:57:01 am
Quote from: Blizzard on August 20, 2009, 03:38:46 am
That script is a bit complicated because the default action system doesn't allow to store 2 actions in one turn.

...Says the scripter who did miracles with RMX-OS and Blizz-ABS.  :haha:
If you find it difficult, who will do it ?
If you know XRXS scripts, there is a script allowing an enemy or ally to play X actions a turn. Would it help you ?

Title: Re: Doublecast Script
Post by: Blizzard on August 20, 2009, 05:30:03 am
I didn't say it's difficult, I said it's a bit complicated. That means that you need to do a bit of a work around by either making the normal battle actions support more than one action which would end up in messing up the compatibility with other scripts quite a bit or figuring out a way to do it so it doesn't mess up compatiblity. So it's not REALLY complicated, it's just that I don't see a way to do it in a simple way without messing up compatiblity with most CBSes and custom battle add-ons.
Title: Re: Doublecast Script
Post by: Xelias on August 20, 2009, 06:20:30 am
Gives me a headache...  :haha:
So it's either simple and non-compatible, or compatible and nearly-impossible ???  :wacko:
I don't know how to script. I'm a scenarist, not a professional scripter like you !