Chaos Project

General => Chat => Express your Creativity => Topic started by: tSwitch on August 19, 2009, 03:20:03 pm

Title: 3d Art Midterm
Post by: tSwitch on August 19, 2009, 03:20:03 pm
I made this in class in about 2 hours, as part of the midterm that is due tomorrow:

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/Midterm-1.jpg)


After about 3 hours work refining and adding to it, I have this completed model:

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/Model_1.png)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/Model_2.png)


We also were told to texture the hands/head/face/boots, so I did, the texture on the body/legs/arms is just a placeholder because sky blue looks shitty with the textured parts.  I haven't bothered with the torso or anything yet because it wasn't part of the assignment.  I might later

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/Render_1.png)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/Render_Face.png)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/Render_Boots.png)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/Render_Shitty_Hand.png)


for about 5-6 hours work, I'm happy with the result.
Title: Re: 3d Art Midterm
Post by: G_G on August 19, 2009, 03:22:23 pm
very nice NAM :) one question however I remember you're saying you're going into game making for your career. I'm just curious will you be in the art team?

Or do you plan to be in a different team? or multiple teams?
Title: Re: 3d Art Midterm
Post by: tSwitch on August 19, 2009, 03:29:31 pm
Quote from: game_guy on August 19, 2009, 03:22:23 pm
very nice NAM :) one question however I remember you're saying you're going into game making for your career. I'm just curious will you be in the art team?

Or do you plan to be in a different team? or multiple teams?


it's weird.
I can do art, I can program, and I can develop.
I'll probably do whatever needs doing.
Title: Re: 3d Art Midterm
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on August 19, 2009, 06:19:03 pm
An all-around person...very good...

And I feel this is the foundation of something very epic...*snickers* Great work, m'boi. If I were to pick on something, perhaps it'd be some of the textures, but that isn't much of a big problem as the polygons are way higher priority...Speaking of polygons...how much does that use?
Title: Re: 3d Art Midterm
Post by: tSwitch on August 19, 2009, 08:07:09 pm
Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on August 19, 2009, 06:19:03 pm
An all-around person...very good...

And I feel this is the foundation of something very epic...*snickers* Great work, m'boi. If I were to pick on something, perhaps it'd be some of the textures, but that isn't much of a big problem as the polygons are way higher priority...Speaking of polygons...how much does that use?


I didn't bother counting.
Texture quality wasn't the main point, just that we knew how.
Title: Re: 3d Art Midterm
Post by: Diokatsu on August 19, 2009, 10:57:48 pm
Hey look it's the same quality graphics as the Wii! Good job!
Title: Re: 3d Art Midterm
Post by: tSwitch on August 20, 2009, 12:16:15 pm
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on August 20, 2009, 11:15:28 am
But, back to topic. I like it. Perhaps you should work on the textures, though. Or leave it like this and call it cell shading :V:


the assignment was to show that we can texture, not to make it look really good.  I'll be making my final project look much better.