Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: Cid on August 20, 2009, 06:22:40 am

Title: Character-specific weapon animations
Post by: Cid on August 20, 2009, 06:22:40 am
I'm after a script that can assign different attacker animations (target is not important) to a weapon depending on who's using it. Example:

If Arshes equips Iron Sword, attacker animation ID = 1
If Hilda equips Iron Sword, attacker animation ID = 2

...and so on.

This may seem like a pointless cosmetic change, but it's actually integral to the system I want to use, so I'd appreciate some help.
Title: Re: Character-specific weapon animations
Post by: Jragyn on August 20, 2009, 11:57:42 am
I'm sure yu've already thought of this, but:

Would it not work if you just made 2 different iron swords in the database?
One that arshes can equip, the other for hilda, and just grant them different animations?

Again, just throwing this out there, incase it slipped your mind, as I've little scripting advice to offer otherwise. :P
Title: Re: Character-specific weapon animations
Post by: Cid on August 20, 2009, 01:37:34 pm
No, because that would mean having character-specific copies of every weapon in the game. Aside from the million and one problems with that idea, it defeats the object of allowing characters to equip the same weapons.  :P