The idea is this: Create a fully in-game customizable Blizz-ABS HUD. It would have all the elements of the default HUD, but would also include support for facesets, different graphics (bars, for example), and a few other things. All elements of the HUD would be able to be changed in game, including the position, color, and opacity, as well as turning parts of the HUD on and off. It would build the menu to change the HUD into the Pre-Menu of Blizz-ABS, and provide instructions on how to put it in your custom menu script.
Nobody would be calling this HUD ugly ;)
thoughts?
sounds interesting...I might help out a little I think its a great idea though.
(That's not very consistent)
That would turn out to be complicated. The more generic you make a HUD, the more complicated it gets because HUDs are quite a custom feature and there will always be people who want yet another feature added there. :/ But it's up to you. If you want, you can use the Z-HUD as base since it already covers custom images for health and magic.
It would be complicated, but not as complicated as you are thinking, I think. :wacko:
The game maker would put the facesets, bar graphics, and images in before hand, and make a default state of everything. The point isn't that the HUD is generic, the point is that the player can adjust it to their liking. It's been done before in a few games with great results (notably MMORPGs, but also in smaller scale games and FPS games). The Blizz-ABS HUD has enough information for a project like this to be worth it I think.
I'd like to help out in anyway of form. I made my first custom HUD yesterday which I think I'm not getting the hang of it now :)
I'm not going to be starting on this for a while, because I have too much other stuff happening right now. But yeah, we'll see what we can do. This will probably be a script that will always have more features to add to it.
You want in on the HUD request station? ;)
Quote from: winkio on August 21, 2009, 08:26:43 am
It would be complicated, but not as complicated as you are thinking, I think. :wacko:
The game maker would put the facesets, bar graphics, and images in before hand, and make a default state of everything. The point isn't that the HUD is generic, the point is that the player can adjust it to their liking. It's been done before in a few games with great results (notably MMORPGs, but also in smaller scale games and FPS games). The Blizz-ABS HUD has enough information for a project like this to be worth it I think.
You're right. I thought you wanted to make a generic HUD rather than something like this. It looks like a good idea. As I said, feel free to use the Z-HUD as base or reference.
Yea I'll probably help out in the HUD request station. You have to admit I did a pretty decent job on my first HUD :)
I was actually gonna suggest this for Remexos... :x
Quote from: Aqua on August 22, 2009, 01:20:20 pm
I was actually gonna suggest this for Remexos... :x
we could use the finished version for the base of the Remexos HUD but I think we should add our own flare to it