Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Topic started by: fugibo on September 09, 2009, 10:28:28 pm

Title: iTunes 9
Post by: fugibo on September 09, 2009, 10:28:28 pm
They uglified the Mac version.

They made me download a ton of crap just to change the appearance.

It sucks.

Discuss.
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: Blizzard on September 10, 2009, 03:37:33 am
Apple is a bunch of bastards sucks. I rest my case.
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on September 10, 2009, 03:41:41 am
(http://www.letsgodigital.org/images/artikelen/64/itunes-9-software.jpg)

You gotta be kidding me...
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: GAX on September 10, 2009, 05:59:47 am
Alrighty, I declare iTunes9 the Cream of the Crap in terms of media players now, that just looks...*smacks skull into desk...not my skull.*
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: fugibo on September 10, 2009, 08:03:28 am
Quote from: Blizzard on September 10, 2009, 03:37:33 am
Apple is a bunch of bastards sucks. I rest my case.


iTunes/Safari for Windows really aren't their best work, trust me. _Everyone_ hates iTunes, even the fanboys.
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: Diokatsu on September 10, 2009, 05:53:47 pm
iTunes is fucking shit it takes about 5 mins for it to load for me on my slow computer then lags like a fucking paraplegic for the next 10. give me a better alternative though i can't find one aka I'm too lazy.
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: fugibo on September 10, 2009, 07:42:54 pm
Quote from: Diokatsu on September 10, 2009, 05:53:47 pm
iTunes is fucking shit it takes about 5 mins for it to load for me on my slow computer then lags like a fucking paraplegic for the next 10. give me a better alternative though i can't find one aka I'm too lazy.


If you still run Ubuntu, Amarok is amazing. From what I hear, you'd probably be better off trying to find a repository that still carries 1.4.x, though - 2.x isn't looking so great.
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: Blizzard on September 11, 2009, 04:13:40 am
Most people that I know that use Ubuntu love Amarok. So I recommend it second hand as well.
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: tSwitch on September 11, 2009, 06:54:24 pm
if you have windows look into Songbird
I only use itunes cuz of my itouch.
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: GAX on September 12, 2009, 05:46:34 am
I've had iTunes for a while, but I haven't updated it in the past month and a half, it just annoys me.  Apple can't write a fucking patch, they have to make you redownload the WHOLE program and reinstall it.  Aside from that I use Winamp for loop testing, VLC for individual CD rips to test them out.
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: Blizzard on September 12, 2009, 09:56:42 am
KMplayer owns VLC. D: Just throwing that out there.
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: fugibo on September 12, 2009, 10:37:58 am
Quote from: Blizzard on September 12, 2009, 09:56:42 am
KMplayer owns VLC. D: Just throwing that out there.


Amarok owns all of it D:

Now, if only they'd FREAKING PORT IT. It's been on the list for porting to Windows/OS X for over a year, and noone's done anything on it.... BLAAAAAAH!!!!!!
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: winkio on September 12, 2009, 01:08:06 pm
Hooray Windows Media Player XD

Basically, as long as it minimizes to the taskbar and runs semi efficiently, I use it.
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: Diokatsu on September 12, 2009, 01:27:20 pm
Amarok was sweet but I don't have Ubuntu anymore fuck

I use Zoom Player since it came with the codec pack I got. works great+plays any type of video. I used to use VLC for music and GOM for videos. GOM has a user friendly interface.
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: Blizzard on September 14, 2009, 05:20:14 am
I am currently using VLC (for video only), but I'll switch to KM on recommendation of a few people. For music good old Media Player is enough like winkio said. <3
I didn't like Zoom and GOM when I tried them. :/
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: Diokatsu on September 14, 2009, 07:08:20 pm
Yeah i guess it's just whatever floats your boat but they play all the videos I watch with no lag so +++++
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: tSwitch on October 06, 2009, 10:31:21 pm
I use winamp for music because I have a cool skin for it.
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: Ryex on February 22, 2010, 08:18:07 pm
ga I'm getting sick of Itunes and its crappyness. it won't play an entire album, no, it plays the first song in the album and stops. and if you tell it to play the next song it plays THAT ONE SONG and stops.  if there was something else that could siync my Ipd correctly I would use it
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: Diokatsu on February 22, 2010, 08:23:00 pm
just change the little icon in the bottom left hand corner from play 1 to play all repeat
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: fugibo on February 22, 2010, 08:23:30 pm
Quote from: Professor Ryexander Elm on February 22, 2010, 08:18:07 pm
ga I'm getting sick of Itunes and its crappyness. it won't play an entire album, no, it plays the first song in the album and stops. and if you tell it to play the next song it plays THAT ONE SONG and stops.  if there was something else that could siync my Ipd correctly I would use it


Turn on loop. I play all of my music by album.
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: Subsonic_Noise on February 23, 2010, 06:11:49 am
I sadly have to use iTunes because of my iPhone, and ot sucks. That whole synch stuff annoys me, really.
For videos, though, I use media player classic. Yes, I use a media player that has just one file which is a few kb big. It does everything I need and doesn't really take any space.
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: fugibo on February 23, 2010, 08:46:28 am
Quote from: Shiny Magikarp on February 23, 2010, 06:11:49 am
I sadly have to use iTunes because of my iPhone, and ot sucks. That whole synch stuff annoys me, really.
For videos, though, I use media player classic. Yes, I use a media player that has just one file which is a few kb big. It does everything I need and doesn't really take any space.


What are our complaints? It's definitely not great, but I never get (other than the whole bloat thing) why people "hate" it. I'm just wondering, I'm nowhere near stupid enough to argue that Apple knows how to make decent music player software.
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: Blizzard on February 23, 2010, 09:54:39 am
It's buggy and crashes often. i.e. each time I close iTunes, the iTunes process starts eating up one of my cores and won't shut down. I have to kill it through the Task Manager. Not to talk that it crashes about every 10th time I use it and the only things I've been doing is sync my iPod Touch and transfer apps. I've tried maybe 4-5 to play music and one of those 4-5 times it crashed. I think it also froze once when I tried clearing the music library. And it doesn't keep track of music changes properly. i.e. I have once folder added to the music library, but it never updates the library regardless of new or removed music.
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: fugibo on February 23, 2010, 01:09:53 pm
Quote from: Champion Blizzard on February 23, 2010, 09:54:39 am
It's buggy and crashes often. i.e. each time I close iTunes, the iTunes process starts eating up one of my cores and won't shut down. I have to kill it through the Task Manager. Not to talk that it crashes about every 10th time I use it and the only things I've been doing is sync my iPod Touch and transfer apps. I've tried maybe 4-5 to play music and one of those 4-5 times it crashed. I think it also froze once when I tried clearing the music library. And it doesn't keep track of music changes properly. i.e. I have once folder added to the music library, but it never updates the library regardless of new or removed music.


1) blizzard has an ipod what
2) Oh, yeah. I forgot how much it can suck on Windows. But that does seem a tad extreme.
Title: Re: iTunes 9
Post by: Blizzard on February 23, 2010, 03:24:56 pm
1) iPod Touch. It's an iPhone that's 50% slimmer minus the GSM module, the camera and the hardware mute switch. I prefer a normal cellphone over an iPhone anytime.
2) I wish it wasn't true. :/ I wish it would at least shut down properly. :/