Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Topic started by: edwardthefma on October 05, 2009, 04:19:06 pm

Title: [c#tool] RMX-OS AUL
Post by: edwardthefma on October 05, 2009, 04:19:06 pm
RMX-OS AUL
Authors: EDWARDTHEFMA&WATERRATJ
Version:1.0
Type:auto updater launcher
Key Term: c#tool 



Introduction
it downloads you game client and runs it
it reads the ver of your game by using a .txt file
written in c#


Features




Screenshots

none needed


Demo
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SR379DJ3


Script
it is all in the demo
Instructions
ok this  is made in c# so you need to download and install Microsoft's Visual C#
http://www.microsoft.com/express/vcsharp/Default.aspx
you can edit the code in
        types                                 members
Title: Re: [xp/vx]RMX-OS AUL
Post by: Blizzard on October 06, 2009, 03:33:21 am
Quote from: edwardthefma on October 05, 2009, 04:19:06 pm
it downloads you game client and runs it
it reads the ver of your game by using a .txt file
written in c#


This is not an RGSS script.
Also, RMX-OS is RPG Maker XP Online System, not VX.
Title: Re: [c#tool] RMX-OS AUL
Post by: crzyone9584 on February 12, 2010, 01:01:04 am
I'm sry for the huge necro post but since this is its topic and most likely the support place to get help for it figured i'd post here.

This is the error I'm getting form the source after i changed the download URI. It happens when you try to install the game.

QuoteSpecified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: length


The line that pushes it out is zip.ExtractZip

Any clue on why this is happening?

Thanks and sry for the necro post. If i should've made a new topic just let me know.
Title: Re: [c#tool] RMX-OS AUL
Post by: Blizzard on February 12, 2010, 02:46:50 am
No problem, the rule about necro applies only when you have nothing relevant to say. In this case you're reporting a bug and that's fine.

You'll have to wait for ed until you get a fix for this I guess. :/
Title: Re: [c#tool] RMX-OS AUL
Post by: crzyone9584 on February 12, 2010, 02:53:15 am
I figured as much. I guess i will wait. Ill keep surfing google and hopefully I'll find a fix and if i do ill post it here.
Title: Re: [c#tool] RMX-OS AUL
Post by: crzyone9584 on March 18, 2010, 03:30:55 pm
I know its been a while. Sorry for the double post. I was able to finally get this working. No more errors. Now my question is what type of License is there for this? I don't know a lick of c#. So I was wondering if i may transform this into a vb.net project and modify it.

Thanks for your answers. Of course the orginal author will be credited in the Commits of my vb.net version.
Title: Re: [c#tool] RMX-OS AUL
Post by: edwardthefma on March 18, 2010, 03:47:26 pm
it is Creative Commons - Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
Title: Re: [c#tool] RMX-OS AUL
Post by: crzyone9584 on March 18, 2010, 03:49:47 pm
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

That correct? If so stated by that License i have to release my vb.net version. Correct?
Title: Re: [c#tool] RMX-OS AUL
Post by: Ryex on March 18, 2010, 06:00:48 pm
not necessarily fi you use it for personal uses uses alone you don't have to do anything. you you release the project to the public you must give credit and put the project under the same license
Title: Re: [c#tool] RMX-OS AUL
Post by: crzyone9584 on March 18, 2010, 06:31:21 pm
Ok. well i am releasing it to the public. Almost done the post now for 0.1. Credit is given to EDWARDTHEFMA&WATERRATJ and will be released under the same license.