Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: rpgmakerfanhaha on October 09, 2009, 11:24:29 am

Title: City upgrading system
Post by: rpgmakerfanhaha on October 09, 2009, 11:24:29 am
I went for a checking in the database and found no matched results,so I came to request one. :D

WHAT IS CITY UPGRADE SYSTEM?
I doing a game that follows the same format for Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce,which you are in a "town",and there is a notice board for missions.I want the shops in the city,blacksmith,potion shop all those,to have levels so that the items sold in the shop fits the level of the character.

HOW CAN I LEVEL UP THE CITY?
Sorry I forgot some words above.I want a INDIVIDUAL UPGRADE,means that the blacksmith may be lv 2 first as it may be faster and the potion shop lv 1.

So upgrading cities need something called"Officers card",which gives a certain amount of experience to the shops each everytime you return to the city after a victory.If a shops reaches the experience needed it will level up and sell more advanced weapons.Can someone help me?

Any mighty scripters?
Title: Re: City upgrading system
Post by: winkio on October 09, 2009, 11:48:02 am
just event it.
Title: Re: City upgrading system
Post by: Magus on October 09, 2009, 11:51:55 am
common events, conditional branches and switches. They are your friends.,
Title: Re: City upgrading system
Post by: rpgmakerfanhaha on October 09, 2009, 11:54:12 am
Can someone give me an example?I don't know the right way to do it.Sorry.
Title: Re: City upgrading system
Post by: Fallen Angel X on October 09, 2009, 12:11:26 pm
I think you could pull this off with variables and conditional branches.

I think somewhere along the lines of:

If Officer Card A is in inventory
   Add 15 to variable A

And then you could do something similar to all of the other officer cards. And then you could have the shop events check how big the variable events are and make them act accordingly. I think that's how you might do it through eventing?
Title: Re: City upgrading system
Post by: happyman on November 14, 2009, 01:18:26 pm
You can assign the level of your main character to a variable.  When you speak to a weapon shop owner, you can use Condition Branch: Variable to create different shopping options depending on the value of the variable.

Is that kind of what you're looking for?
Title: Re: City upgrading system
Post by: G_G on November 14, 2009, 01:20:41 pm
This member no longer exists here. Topic locked.