Chaos Project

General => Chat => Express your Creativity => Topic started by: Rezca on October 10, 2009, 02:54:38 pm

Title: Photoshop and Color Theory
Post by: Rezca on October 10, 2009, 02:54:38 pm
I didn't really see any other place to post this, this is about as good as any. Feel free to move it if it's in the wrong location. While these links aren't 100% down to RPG Maker, the color scheme designer and Pictaculous Color Palette Generator may come in handy. The photoshop actions might too I guess....

Obsidian Dawn's Free Brushes (http://www.obsidiandawn.com/brushes-categories)
What it is:   Free for non-commercial use brushes for Photoshop and GIMP, the brushes include grunge scratches, and various effects and abstracts, splatters, and even ivy and spider webs.

Color Scheme Designer (http://colorschemedesigner.com/)
What it is:   A web application that allows you to use a color wheel to generate a palette for use in web design or other uses.

Pictaculous (http://pictaculous.com/)
What it is:   Another web application that can even be used on the mobile phone. Upload a GIF, JPEG, or PNG and it will take the base colors and return five of them as color swatches for Photoshop.

50 Time Saving Photoshop Actions (http://webdesignledger.com/freebies/50-time-saving-photoshop-actions-for-enhancing-photos)
What it is:   Links to 50 neat photoshop actions, including a pencil effect and a F.E.A.R. "Infection" effect. Worth a look, but most may not exactly be suitable for RMXP/RMVX. The Infection effect might be neat to be used on a tileset though :P

Enjoy ^_^
Title: Re: Photoshop and Color Theory
Post by: Calintz on October 10, 2009, 03:49:50 pm
Being a graphics guy, I felt it necessary to level you up for these links.
They really have some awesome photoshop material. I mean, really great stuff. Thank you so much!!
Title: Re: Photoshop and Color Theory
Post by: Rezca on October 10, 2009, 07:28:47 pm
145 Photoshop Tutorials and Resources (http://www.instantshift.com/2009/07/01/145-ultimate-round-up-of-photoshop-tutorials-and-resources/)

Programmer's Heaven: Ruby (http://www.programmersheaven.com/tags/Ruby/)


:)
Title: Re: Photoshop and Color Theory
Post by: Calintz on October 10, 2009, 08:19:55 pm
Thank you.

BTW:
I was able to pick up some awesome resources from your last link.
Title: Re: Photoshop and Color Theory
Post by: Rezca on October 10, 2009, 08:48:40 pm
Glad the links were of use to you :)
Title: Re: Photoshop and Color Theory
Post by: C.C. rOyAl on January 02, 2010, 10:02:50 pm
Wow you deserve a million lvl ups for the first link, im going download crazy! I found all the brushes, shapes, and patterns I've been needing to get my hands on. Once again thank you so much!