Chaos Project

General => Chat => Express your Creativity => Topic started by: Calintz on October 11, 2009, 08:31:37 pm

Title: World Map
Post by: Calintz on October 11, 2009, 08:31:37 pm
Before I begin adding detail to the land, I was wondering if anybody had some specific tips on tools and processes to creating various elements that can be found on world maps?? Things like mountains, rivers, etc...

World Map
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/Derek16438/RMXP/WorldMapv13.jpg)
Title: Re: World Map
Post by: Aqua on October 11, 2009, 08:40:36 pm
Lose the Emboss... >.<
And those edges look too smooth to be the jagged coast lines of real life.

Just play around with brushes on low opacity, size, & flow to try to make terrain.

For water, use the pen tool to make "smooth" water ways then stroke the line? XD
Title: Re: World Map
Post by: Calintz on October 11, 2009, 08:48:19 pm
Settle down over there Aqua, Lol.
Those were mainly the way I was planning, but I thought that there might be some shortcuts. I guess not.

Thank you. I will have an update soon.

Update: Removed the emboss
Title: Re: World Map
Post by: Aqua on October 11, 2009, 08:53:21 pm
You removed it...?
It looks the same to me... o.o
Title: Re: World Map
Post by: Calintz on October 11, 2009, 08:54:38 pm
No, I was changing posts around.
Check now please ...

Update:
Added two rivers as a test ...