Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: legacyblade on October 19, 2009, 01:48:07 pm

Title: BlizzABS Skill Ring Addon
Post by: legacyblade on October 19, 2009, 01:48:07 pm
Introduction

Hey everyone. I'm looking for a blizzABS modification which will utilize a ring menu in the skill selection. A game with a similar system is Chaos-Project.com's own Legend of Lexima 4. If you haven't played this, when you select the "skill" option, it brings up a ring menu with the different skill categories available to that particular actor.

Picture of what I'm looking for

Spoiler: ShowHide
[/size](http://i35.tinypic.com/2m4bm3c.png)


Information about how I would like it to work

What I would like it to do

When the skill button is pressed and held, I want a ring menu to show up. This ring menu should contain all the categories an actor has a skill in, as well as any skills that are NOT in a category (in my game, this would contain the categories of Indomancy, Calomancy, and Miracles, as well as the skill called "Burn"). If the user selects a category, then the first ring menu should close, and a ring menu containing all the actor's skills in that category should open. If they select a skill, it should cast that skill.

How I would like it to work

Only categories the user has skills in should be displayed in the first ring menu. However, in a category, I'd like the ability to display certain skills that the actor doesn't know yet, and can't cast. I'd like these to be grayed out and unelectable. These should be defined by a single $game_system array, since I want to define a few skills that the entire party knows about, but only those who have learned them can cast. (everyone knows about a certain Indomantic skill, but only one party member can cast it. However, everyone has the potential to learn it, so I'd like them all to have a grayed out version of the skill in their Indomancy category)

Scripts I am using right now

Title: Re: BlizzABS Skill Ring Addon
Post by: Blizzard on October 19, 2009, 06:19:08 pm
You can use Skill Separation System as base for this. It was intended for this purpose after all.
Title: Re: BlizzABS Skill Ring Addon
Post by: legacyblade on October 19, 2009, 07:51:21 pm
I was thinking that, but I'm not quite sure how to do this system, so I thought I'd request it.
Title: Re: BlizzABS Skill Ring Addon
Post by: legacyblade on October 27, 2009, 09:04:32 am
bump?
Title: Re: BlizzABS Skill Ring Addon
Post by: legacyblade on November 02, 2009, 02:27:45 pm
bump

I'm beginning to understand how the n00bs feel :V:
Title: Re: BlizzABS Skill Ring Addon
Post by: Blizzard on November 02, 2009, 07:28:37 pm
I'm sorry, but I was insanely busy last week and couldn't get your tute done (the one on how to use trigonometry for ring menus). Too bad the villain thing cam into my mind or else I'd have written a tute for this instead. :P I'll see if I can make you one till the end of the week.
Title: Re: BlizzABS Skill Ring Addon
Post by: legacyblade on November 02, 2009, 10:05:39 pm
Ok. Thanks blizz :D That would be really helpful   :)