Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Video Games => Topic started by: Magus on October 21, 2009, 02:33:27 pm

Title: ever heard of super mario world rom hacking? (no I didn't post any roms)
Post by: Magus on October 21, 2009, 02:33:27 pm
If you never heard of that, then boy are missing some strange things. If you're wondering what a rom is, my suggestion is to ignore this thread and don't try to good roms. You'll find out why, although most everyone who knows about roms use them alot. It's a good thing I have bought most of my games, although I can't lie and said I don't have any roms xD

Anyway, Using this program called Lunar Magic, Zsnes(an emulator which is used to play the game) and a Super Mario world rom, people are actually able to create their own super mario world levels. With the use of other programs, people can add custom monsters, music and graphics. I used to do this but I grew extremely bored of it and stopped. So why the heck did I bring it up. Well, look at the title of this topic.

And why not have a conversation about this. I want to see what some of you think of this. I also feel bad for nintendo D:

If you want to know how to play roms don't PM me. BECAUSE I'M INNOCENT XD. Seriously, google.com is our friend, but an enemy of some many companies.

Google this guys and then post your thoughts on this madness. what do you think, besides WOO its awesome.(it is until you get bored)

Chat: Super Mario world "hacking"
Title: Re: ever heard of super mario world rom hacking? (no I didn't post any roms)
Post by: legacyblade on October 21, 2009, 02:51:37 pm
it's really fun. I've made a level or two, and it's easy, once you get the hang of things.
Title: Re: ever heard of super mario world rom hacking? (no I didn't post any roms)
Post by: Magus on October 21, 2009, 02:56:47 pm
Quote from: legacyblade on October 21, 2009, 02:51:37 pm
it's really fun. I've made a level or two, and it's easy, once you get the hang of things.


I've been Smw hacking for years xD. Most of the irc'rs i chat with do, although some stopped. Like I said, I stopped because of boredom, but recently I've been urged (friends have powers) to create a site for smw contests. AAAA. Does this mean I have to start back D:
Title: Re: ever heard of super mario world rom hacking? (no I didn't post any roms)
Post by: Calintz on October 21, 2009, 07:09:31 pm
Kaizer Mario is the best.
Title: Re: ever heard of super mario world rom hacking? (no I didn't post any roms)
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on October 21, 2009, 09:36:52 pm
I've had an interest with it, but it wasn't into something I've had so much fun...other than making WTF sort of stages that are just more annoying in a creative way. <3

Don't forget about the secret Lunar Magic codes.

...One thing that disappointed me was the difficulty in editing music. I thought there would be some sort of utility to edit music, I did recall it was being developed back in 2008...Had something to do with astronomy...Solar something? Can't recall.
Title: Re: ever heard of super mario world rom hacking? (no I didn't post any roms)
Post by: Blizzard on October 22, 2009, 06:14:42 am
I played Brutal Mario and it was fun.
Title: Re: ever heard of super mario world rom hacking? (no I didn't post any roms)
Post by: Calintz on October 22, 2009, 12:35:22 pm
Never heard of brutal mario.
Title: Re: ever heard of super mario world rom hacking? (no I didn't post any roms)
Post by: Blizzard on October 22, 2009, 01:36:41 pm
Google it.
Title: Re: ever heard of super mario world rom hacking? (no I didn't post any roms)
Post by: Calintz on October 22, 2009, 01:40:56 pm
LMAO, it looks fun!!
Title: Re: ever heard of super mario world rom hacking? (no I didn't post any roms)
Post by: Magus on October 26, 2009, 10:31:59 am
oh noes I was leveled down AGAIN.  Also Brutal Mario is probably the best. I'm going to post my hack: Yoshiro on my site later.
Title: Re: ever heard of super mario world rom hacking? (no I didn't post any roms)
Post by: Calintz on October 26, 2009, 05:40:56 pm
I was also powered down again for no apparent reason. It's becoming quite bothersome.

Anyways, the bosses from Brutal Mario were a thing of beauty, Lol.