Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: legacyblade on December 02, 2009, 12:26:07 pm

Title: looping animation on an event?[resolved]
Post by: legacyblade on December 02, 2009, 12:26:07 pm
Hey everyone. I've been trying to figure out how to get around doing this for quite awhile now, and frankly I just can't come up with anything else. Does anyone know how to make an animation loop when displaying over a player or event? (play over and over until I make it stop) it's important for a lot of my cutscenes, but I just can't figure out a way to do it. Any advice? (I'm using blizzABS, if that will help. And no, status effects won't work since this is mainly for cutscenes where the player is replaced by an event due to some restrictions bABS gives on changing player graphics. And the events aren't enemies either)
Title: Re: looping animation on an event?
Post by: Blizzard on December 02, 2009, 01:38:10 pm
Blizz-ABS has that function integrated. Just use $game_map.events[EVENT_ID].loop_animation_id = ANIMATION_ID to set it. Set it to 0 to remove it again.
Title: Re: looping animation on an event?
Post by: legacyblade on December 02, 2009, 01:59:37 pm
Sweet! Thanks blizz, that helps a lot. I guess this is now resolved.
Title: Re: looping animation on an event?[resolved]
Post by: legacyblade on January 04, 2010, 01:42:12 am
I finally got around to actually trying this out while remaking the cutscenes. All that happens when I put that in a script call is the first frame of the animation appears on the event. Once. It doesn't loop like it does on the player.
Title: Re: looping animation on an event?[resolved]
Post by: Blizzard on January 04, 2010, 07:04:10 am
Hm... maybe I didn't add it properly for other than map battlers. Try it on a lifeless object or enemy.
Title: Re: looping animation on an event?[resolved]
Post by: legacyblade on January 04, 2010, 09:30:48 am
Same problem with enemies. Any suggestions?
Title: Re: looping animation on an event?[resolved]
Post by: Blizzard on January 04, 2010, 09:56:04 am
Probably the subsystem that resets that ID. ._. Try keep setting loop_animation_id rather than setting it just once.
Title: Re: looping animation on an event?[resolved]
Post by: legacyblade on January 04, 2010, 12:42:56 pm
even if I have a parallel process that continually sets the ID, I run into the same issue D:
Title: Re: looping animation on an event?[resolved]
Post by: Blizzard on January 04, 2010, 12:55:57 pm
Ah, crap. Oh well, I'll have to add some piece of code then so it allows manual loop animation I guess. ._.
Title: Re: looping animation on an event?[resolved]
Post by: legacyblade on January 04, 2010, 05:08:42 pm
Thanks :) That would really help me out (using particle illusions, I replaced my old pixel based looping charset animations with SMEXY particle renders)