Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Troubleshooting => Topic started by: Nerd101 on December 18, 2009, 10:09:44 pm

Title: [RMXP-OS] Something that I need to know
Post by: Nerd101 on December 18, 2009, 10:09:44 pm
Hello, I have a few question as to what I can do with RMXP-OS.

1.) The tutorial for setting up RMXP-OS in the help file shows you how to set up the server internally on your PC. Is there a way that you can get web hosting and have the server stored online? It would make life a lot easier for me. If this is possible, then could you please tell me exactly how to do it, as I have never used SQL before.

2.) Is there any way that you can run RMXP-OS in some sort of "sandbox mode" or disable RMXP-OS to test your game while your PC is offline.

Thanks guys!
Title: Re: [RMXP-OS] Something that I need to know
Post by: edwardthefma on December 18, 2009, 10:22:09 pm
lol you dont need to make a repeat thered XD i awnserd your question go look in the rmx-os thred
if you are having trouble let me know ill help you get set up
XD
Title: Re: [RMXP-OS] Something that I need to know
Post by: Ryex on December 19, 2009, 07:49:22 pm
it is called RMX-OS not RMXP-OS.

in any case

1)no one (including blizz) has been able to do this before but in theory it is possible. also the MySQL is just fore the database and that can easily be hosted any where that you can get a database online. the server it self is a bit of a problem, free hosting is not going to cut it, none of them provide enough power to hose the server. what you would need is VPS hosting and that can cost anywhere form 15$-99$ a month. or better yet dedicated hosting and that can cost anywhere from 50$-5000$ a month depending on what level of service you get.
Title: Re: [RMXP-OS] Something that I need to know
Post by: Blizzard on December 20, 2009, 09:53:25 am
1) Mostly because normal webhosts don't give you any real access besides the usual shared hosting access to their servers. If you have a dedicated server, you can set up RMX-OS there as if it was your own computer.

2) Thought about removing RMX-OS from your scripts temporarily yet? :P