Ok. In my current RPG maker project, I'm trying to set up a trigger that will detect how many battles you've encountered (victories only). Once x amount of victories have occurred, a Mercenary Unit will leave your party... provided that unit is present. Any ideas on how to do0 this without really doing any scripting? If scripting is needed, I'll need a rundown on how to set it up. I don't know how to work with any coding language.
Keep in mind, I want my game to be able to track random encounter victories in addition to any other battles encountered.
Well, without scripting, you could do this with a simple common event. First, make a variable, lets call it Enemies Dead. Now, go to your database, and to your troops, and make events to them, that check if the enemy is dead, and when it´s dead, it adds one to the variable (raises it by one). Then make a conditional branch that tracks the deaths. When it´s x, use the change party members command, and remove the mercinary. I´ll put a pic up soon.
In other words, yeah, a script would be a few billion times easier.
Here's a script that'll increase a variable every time you win a battle. With that, eventing the mercenary unit leaving after a certain amount of victories is no problem
module LBConf
WIN_VARIABLE = 1
end
class Scene_Battle
alias battle_end_win_tracker_LB battle_end
def battle_end(result)
$game_variables[LBConf::WIN_VARIABLE] += 1 if result == 0
battle_end_win_tracker_LB(result)
end
end
Change WIN_VARIABLE near the top of the script to set which variable the wins are stored to.
Hope that helps.