Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: Murr on December 22, 2009, 07:30:47 am

Title: [Resolved] Need help with an event in RM VX
Post by: Murr on December 22, 2009, 07:30:47 am
I want to make a time based event, where you have for example 5 minutes to get out of a tower or else you die, but I cant seem to find the appropriate events to make such a event.

Can anyone please help me?
Title: Re: Need help with an event in RM VX
Post by: Hellfire Dragon on December 22, 2009, 11:16:32 am
First event page there's a 'control timer' option, use that along with a parallel process conditional branch :P Look before asking -_-
Title: Re: Need help with an event in RM VX
Post by: Murr on December 22, 2009, 11:25:04 am
So i put the timer on an event and then put the conditional branch on the transfer player event?
Title: Re: [Resolved] Need help with an event in RM VX
Post by: Hellfire Dragon on December 22, 2009, 11:46:34 am
No. Well, it depends. If it's the whole 'you have for example 5 minutes to get out of a tower or else you die' then why would you have to be at the door before you die? Wouldn't die before you get to the door? Look, make a parallel process event on the map (if it's only one map, if you start on one map but the door is another map then you'll either have to copy+paste the event to each of the tower maps or make a common event) with a conditional branch, the timer is on bottom of the first page of the conditional branch option. Set minutes to 5 and leave the 'or More' the way it is. Hit OK and then put whatever you want to happen if the timer is over 5 mins to happen, like show a text and transfer the player back to the beginning or bring up theload screen or w/e.

I suck at explaining things -_- It's really a very simple thing you're trying to do so if you don't understand what I said just ask.
Title: Re: [Resolved] Need help with an event in RM VX
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on December 22, 2009, 12:26:05 pm
I assume you already solved your problem, Murr, seeing as it's [Resolved]? If not, this a visual representation:

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3450/nowaia.png)


Though...I don't know if it's quite the same thing as HD explained (It seems for him, the timer is going up rather down? O.o). The way I did it has a descending timer. o3o

The best thing is when thinking of a scenario or thing you want to do, just go look at all the possible event commands and seeing what kind of interesting solution you can get out of those.

Title: Re: [Resolved] Need help with an event in RM VX
Post by: Murr on December 22, 2009, 12:40:44 pm
I thought it was resolved, until i tired it, but it seems putting the conditional branch on the teleporter screwed it up. ^_^

But if you say i should put it on its event tile somewhere ill try it.

Btw HD, i suck at explaining too ^_^
Thx for your answers tho, they helped alot.
Title: Re: [Resolved] Need help with an event in RM VX
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on December 22, 2009, 12:55:54 pm
Well, if you want to put it on the door too, that /can/ work. Just have that Conditional Branch on the door. :)

"If timer is 0 seconds or less":
Message: The door is locked.
"Else"
*fancy open door effects*
Transfer Player~

Wheeeeeee~

It's just a bit unconventional to do that, no? And glad that it worked out for you (At least, I hope it did? O.o)
Title: Re: Need help with an event in RM VX
Post by: Murr on December 22, 2009, 01:22:53 pm
Hmmm, maybe its something wrong in what im doing in VX or its just different. Your picture looks different from VX, are you using XP?
And sometimes I cant move after killing the boss that starts the switch that has the event.

Because it didnt work. I tried using both "or Less" and "or More" choices.