Chaos Project

Game Development => General Discussion => Topic started by: G_G on January 10, 2010, 03:37:31 pm

Title: Sql and C# and 000webhost
Post by: G_G on January 10, 2010, 03:37:31 pm
Okay so I want to understand a bit more how sql works in c#. So I wanted to tinker around with something. I have SMF installed on a temporary site and an SQL database setup.

So for a test program I wanted to access that database, have the user log in using the program. Its then checked through the database. Then it'll display how many messages they have.

If this isn't even possible do let me know. I'm sure I can figure out how to do this all but I need help with accessing the database. Are we allowed to even access a database thats on 000webhost?

Any help is appreciated!
Title: Re: Sql and C# and 000webhost
Post by: Aqua on January 10, 2010, 03:52:53 pm
000webhost doesn't allow outside SQL connections.
Title: Re: Sql and C# and 000webhost
Post by: G_G on January 10, 2010, 04:00:11 pm
Do you know of a free sql hoster that does? I remember seeing a place that allowed you to make your own databases. I cant remember where though >.<
Title: Re: Sql and C# and 000webhost
Post by: Blizzard on January 11, 2010, 06:01:02 am
I think it was called freedb.
You need an external module that allows you to connect to a MySQL server using C#.
Title: Re: Sql and C# and 000webhost
Post by: Hellfire Dragon on January 11, 2010, 04:46:54 pm
freedb is something about music, you're probably thinking of http://www.db4free.net/ (http://www.db4free.net/). Also, didn't we talk about the free database thing on msn G_G? I have the logs :evil:

Here we go,

Quote
09/12/2009      22:00:14      Game_guy      hey do you know what site blizz is talking about? Quote=from blizz I think there's a site called freedb that has MySQL databases for remote hosting. Just create an account there and configure RMX-OS to connect to the remote database rather than a local one.
09/12/2009      22:01:17      Richy      freedb is something about music 0_o
09/12/2009      22:01:27      Game_guy      thats what I said to myself
09/12/2009      22:01:31      Richy      maybe he was thinking of http://www.db4free.net/
Title: Re: Sql and C# and 000webhost
Post by: G_G on January 11, 2010, 06:56:13 pm
Yea but I dont have the logs D:
Title: Re: Sql and C# and 000webhost
Post by: Blizzard on January 12, 2010, 05:35:20 am
Yes, I was thinking about db4free, my bad.