Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: fthmdg on January 10, 2010, 06:16:20 pm

Title: Question about different sprite sizes
Post by: fthmdg on January 10, 2010, 06:16:20 pm
edit: Didnt want to start a whole new thread when I already have a thread on this board so hah


How difficult is it to use different sized sprites [ie. half-kaizer sprites] in rpgm xp? I know that the engine can handle it, but mapping-wise is it difficult to get tilesets to match up and such?

Template I wanna use
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy334/fthmdg/template.png?t=1263181108)




old topic
Spoiler: ShowHide

How acceptable is it in your guys' opinions to have the same icons for different items/weapons?
Do you think that's an ok thing to do, or is it better if a game has unique icons for each?

I ask cause I have unique icons for my rare weapons and for the really good ones, but I don't feel like making a million icons for a bunch of generic weapons that you won't use for long past the few first hours of play.
Title: Re: Question about unique icons
Post by: Tazero on January 10, 2010, 06:39:06 pm
Look at the example project for RMXP icons = Same for the same [TYPE] of weapon. So many games do it, just do what you feel is right.