Chaos Project

General => Chat => Topic started by: Ryex on January 23, 2010, 08:20:44 pm

Title: Taken for granted
Post by: Ryex on January 23, 2010, 08:20:44 pm
So today I was offered the opportunity to go up snowboarding for the first time this year (I had lots of fun, and for the first time in my memory didn't crash once).
and on the bus ride back home got to thinking that ever since I was old enough to go skiing I have lived within 30-45 minutes of a large ski resort. despite having moved three times in the last 14 years. along with this I realized the I am one VERY luck bastard. I would be willing to bet that I'm one of two or three people on this forum who have even had the chance to ski let alone do so on a regular basis.

and until recently I have just taken this fact as granted, it is highly likely that I will will only have the chance to ski rarely of the rest of my life starting next year.

so. what things of this sort have you taken for granted? you might have to really think about it :P
Title: Re: Taken for granted
Post by: Aqua on January 23, 2010, 10:36:52 pm
Being able to ski is something that's taken for granted? O.o
Title: Re: Taken for granted
Post by: Diokatsu on January 23, 2010, 10:41:49 pm
Quote from: Aqua on January 23, 2010, 10:36:52 pm
Being able to ski is something that's taken for granted? O.o

No, having the accessibility to sky anytime you want to is.
Title: Re: Taken for granted
Post by: Ryex on January 23, 2010, 10:58:00 pm
Quote from: Diokatsu on January 23, 2010, 10:41:49 pm
Quote from: Aqua on January 23, 2010, 10:36:52 pm
Being able to ski is something that's taken for granted? O.o

No, having the accessibility to ski anytime you want to is.

exsactly
Title: Re: Taken for granted
Post by: Blizzard on January 24, 2010, 08:02:35 am
I didn't grow up with too much so I learned a long time ago to value everything I have. I don't think there's stuff in my life I take for granted. I can be wrong, of course.
Title: Re: Taken for granted
Post by: Diokatsu on January 24, 2010, 04:02:16 pm
I took eating, sleeping, being clothed, having family and friends, living with love, being healthy, being smart, having fun, having things in general, and being comfortable for granted. Now I see how blessed I am. And I don't even have anything compared to a lot of people around me. No new videos games, no going out to eat, no father, and yet I still can be happy and sleep in a warm bed and have a loving family. What more could I ever want?
Title: Re: Taken for granted
Post by: Fallen Angel X on January 24, 2010, 06:38:42 pm
Quote from: Diokatsu on January 24, 2010, 04:02:16 pm
I took eating, sleeping, being clothed, having family and friends, living with love, being healthy, being smart, having fun, having things in general, and being comfortable for granted. Now I see how blessed I am. And I don't even have anything compared to a lot of people around me. No new videos games, no going out to eat, no father, and yet I still can be happy and sleep in a warm bed and have a loving family. What more could I ever want?


You could want more cowbell.

I take everything for granted and proudly. :^_^':
Title: Re: Taken for granted
Post by: Diokatsu on January 24, 2010, 07:29:18 pm
Quote from: Fallen Angel X on January 24, 2010, 06:38:42 pm
You could want more cowbell.








































:D
Title: Re: Taken for granted
Post by: Blizzard on January 25, 2010, 06:46:29 am
No, no, no! You NEED more cowbell! :D
Title: Re: Taken for granted
Post by: Ryex on January 25, 2010, 03:12:49 pm
just like you NEED more spam!  :D
Title: Re: Taken for granted
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on January 26, 2010, 01:03:56 am
I think we're taking SPAM for granted. Without SPAM, the world can sometimes be a lot less interesting, and some of the wittiest nougats of humor would have never been born. :V:
Title: Re: Taken for granted
Post by: Ryex on January 26, 2010, 01:35:38 am
the truth the truth! it speaks the truth! :haha: now... where is the hammer i keep special for those who speak truth? you didn't hide it some where did you? you did! I know you! hiding it is exactly the kind of thing you would do! well now I think I'll have to extract payment for you ways!
MUHAHAHAHA
*goes raving off into the dark cave whose entrance appeared out of know where.*
Title: Re: Taken for granted
Post by: winkio on January 26, 2010, 01:54:45 am
You know what I don't take for granted?  Stable webhosts.  Honestly...
Title: Re: Taken for granted
Post by: Blizzard on January 26, 2010, 05:49:22 am
Yeah. I've had my share of unstable hosts. I know to value stable ones now. ._.
Title: Re: Taken for granted
Post by: Ryex on January 26, 2010, 09:48:37 am
that is very true. I've yet to find a host who's "99.9% uptime" exists.
Title: Re: Taken for granted
Post by: Tazero on January 26, 2010, 07:33:29 pm
I guess I take alot for granted ...
Like being able to eat on a regular basis and other things (mid)class families can have.
Title: Re: Taken for granted
Post by: legacyblade on January 26, 2010, 11:13:39 pm
After moving out on my own (this time I don't have a meal pass to the collage cafeteria), I've stopped taking food for granted. I ate my first week's worth of food in a single afternoon and had to skimp on school supplies and laundry just to get an apple or something every day. (I mooched a slim fast off of my friend a couple times). But I know I take a lot for granted. Like having a nice computer and a desk.
Title: Re: Taken for granted
Post by: Blizzard on January 27, 2010, 04:36:06 am
Quote from: Ryexander on January 26, 2010, 09:48:37 am
that is very true. I've yet to find a host who's "99.9% uptime" exists.


www.u2-web.com ^_^ About 3 hours downtime in 2 years. :D