Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Troubleshooting => Topic started by: (Hexamin) on February 12, 2010, 07:40:53 pm

Title: [RESOLVED] Call script to control self_switches
Post by: (Hexamin) on February 12, 2010, 07:40:53 pm
Engine: RMXP

I'm tring to be able to use a common event call script to change an event's self switch.

More specifically...

I want to be able to have a common event constantly checking a condition, and if the condition is not met, then I want to turn event x's self switch A off.  (And no, doin' this on the event where the self switch is located itself is not an option for me)

I feel like there is an obvious answer to this problem, if someone could smack me across the face with it, I'd be much obliged. :-)
Title: Re: Call script to control self_switches
Post by: Blizzard on February 13, 2010, 06:04:10 am
Try the search function, I remember explaining that a couple of weeks ago.
Title: Re: Call script to control self_switches
Post by: (Hexamin) on February 13, 2010, 06:13:22 am
Haha, yeah, I did beforehand, and I did again, both on this site, and google.  No avail.  I'll keep looking though.  :^_^':
Title: Re: Call script to control self_switches
Post by: Blizzard on February 13, 2010, 06:26:39 am
Found it. ^_^ http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,2966.msg85593.html#msg85593
I just put "self switches" as search term by me.

EDIT: Also, at the end this post: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,1199.msg27503.html#msg27503
Title: Re: Call script to control self_switches
Post by: (Hexamin) on February 13, 2010, 08:09:03 am
The Death of Me
Spoiler: ShowHide

(http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx30/Hexamin/screen9.jpg)

All I get is "nar"

Some people just naturally get this scriptin' business... but I cannot for the life of me see what I'm doin' wrong...
Title: Re: Call script to control self_switches
Post by: G_G on February 13, 2010, 08:59:00 am
Shoulda kept reading.
$game_map.need_refresh = true

or
$game_map.refresh
Title: Re: Call script to control self_switches
Post by: (Hexamin) on February 13, 2010, 09:34:51 am
Edit 1: NEVERMIND!  I was using numbers to try to define the A, B, C, D instead of "A" "B" "C" "D"... *smacks forehead*  :^_^':

Naw, I did read it, it's just I'm tinkering with that now and still got getting anything...

Forgive my ignorance... or incompetence... whatever you want to call it.

I'll keep tinkerin' unless you wanna just s-p-e-l-l it out for me
Title: Re: [RESOLVED] Call script to control self_switches
Post by: Aqua on February 13, 2010, 09:40:07 am
Quote from: game_guy on February 13, 2010, 08:59:00 am
$game_map.need_refresh = true

or
$game_map.refresh

Title: Re: [RESOLVED] Call script to control self_switches
Post by: Blizzard on February 14, 2010, 05:42:43 am
I suggest the first one of those calls.
And yeah, it should be 'A', 'B', 'C' or 'D'. xD